ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make a forced air induction kit for £1.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
why dont you stick one of those electric superchargers to the side of the bucket with a cold air feed from the bumper!:p

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bet that sounds EPIC!!!

(Looks s**t, won't work and how exactly is that forced induction??)

But I'd be willing to try that just to hear the noise! lol.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
PMSL!!!!!!!

you need to learn the difference between forced induction and ram air induction.

btw you failed at ram air induction, sucking warm air from the rad. fail.....................

Clio 172 cup
i would imagine the induction noise would be quite echo-ish.

have you got any vids.

its not my thing. i like my engine to look neat and seeing a blue bucket under there just isnt my thing, but fair play for a bit of diy action. maybe carbon wrap the bucket to make it look less "sniggery"

Echoish????

Its a bucket mate not a bloody railway tunnel!!

Clio 172 cup
B and Q have just reported that the sales in buckets have risne by 50% lol.

In all fairness fairplay dude and much respect for trying to do something off your own back, alot of people on here would say to not bother and make a joke.
If people didnt try things like this even though it is a bit......naff!? We wouldnt have other forced induction methods.

Thanks buddy,

You have pretty much hit the nail on the head and wish there were more people like u on this forum

Just thought id try something different and its seemed to work quite well which has seriously pissed off all the cliosport sheep on here who wouldnt dream of using anything but a V6 airbox. Lol

Still im happy and love the banter on here

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
snobby on here or what ey, personally i wouldnt have a bucket in my engine bay too, but in terms or principle its only the same as many other air fiter manufacturers out there, they just make it look pritty and some good trickery, i mean marketing, fair play dude, tbh the standard air filter set up is better but the bucket must be better than the filter alone, could do with some heat shielding and carbon wrap too as allready said :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
snobby on here or what ey, personally i wouldnt have a bucket in my engine bay too, but in terms or principle its only the same as many other air fiter manufacturers out there, they just make it look pritty and some good trickery, i mean marketing, fair play dude, tbh the standard air filter set up is better but the bucket must be better than the filter alone, could do with some heat shielding and carbon wrap too as allready said :)

Same as what !? Show me a similar idea from a mainstream manufacturer ...?

Rusty Cup
Dang i cant move for haters in here tonight!! Im with the OP cost effective gains can be had if you dare step outside the silver visions and turini's box!!

Im working on a low budget Rs2 manifold!! so far so good

Rs2.jpg

e92 330i
All well for thinking out the box n all. But f**k me, you have a bucket in your engine bay. Read that last bit.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Fair play for giving it a go dude!
As said before, if people didn't try s**t we'd still be living in caves. Just take it off everytime your car goes to a garage and you're a winner.

renault clio 182
fair play mate, this thread has given me a giggle, but respect for trying something different! I personally like to do things properly but thats just me.

SQ5
If you moved the battery, had a 45 degree bend with a long intake and had it so it was in the bottom corner behind passenger headlight it could work well.

Does look a bit s**t but function over form everyday :)

Dang i cant move for haters in here tonight!! Im with the OP cost effective gains can be had if you dare step outside the silver visions and turini's box!!

Im working on a low budget Rs2 manifold!! so far so good

Rs2.jpg

The bucket had me in stitches but this picture really was the icing on the rofl-cake. This thread has made my evening.... Serious or not, I couldn't care less!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
what makes it even better is the fact my neighbour just caught me with a bucket over my head making brrrrrap noises, if it sounds anything like my test did, it will sound like a twice as loud, twice as bad K&N

Clio Dynamique Noir
I was laughing reading this. Good effort mate!ha

Just take it off everytime your car goes to a garage and you're a winner.

What do you think a garage would make of a bucket in your engine bay?! AND would it pass an MOT. ha!

Has anyone else picked up on what bucket you need to buy for this?! Not a normal bucket, you need to go to an agricultural supplies shop and buy a 5 litre calf rearing bucket...:dapprove:

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
FLOL... yeah I'm the loser.

BRB, off to hang myself with the shame.

Dude, there's no need to be like that, he did show you something with the same principle, remember guys banter not bitching lol :) x

Jamie

Edit: LOL at the pop bottle and bog roll tubes, I did lol at that;)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
i would imagine the induction noise would be quite echo-ish.

have you got any vids.

its not my thing. i like my engine to look neat and seeing a blue bucket under there just isnt my thing, but fair play for a bit of diy action. maybe carbon wrap the bucket to make it look less "sniggery"

After reading your project thread Mark, you'd carbon wrap your toilet seat..... Now theres an idea! ;)

BMW F21 125d
LOL at the Bucket and FLOL at the Budget RS2! Made my night this thread.

For full thread delivery though we need a video of the induction noise with the bucket

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
now i remember why i keep up my subscription... are you on MIGWEB by any chance aswell ? a bloke on there body filled the inside of hos airbox on a 1.4 astra ( l reg shape) and claimed the lower resonance boosted his bhp... LOL'z

Good for using your own imagination. but tbh it looked like you gave the car a wash and left your bucket under the bonnet

And as for the DIY RS2..... HERO !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.