ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How often?

I used to wash my car once a week or so in the summer probably, far less in the winter. But that's a quick wash, usually with the jetwash. Takes 20mins at the most, then dry it quickly. Sorted.

Not spend all day jacking it up, taking wheels off, cleaning arches, polishing under it, 84 buckets, dozens of polishes/waxes etc. Nah. Never.

It's a car, it's supposed to be driven. A bit of dirt won't hurt it. Mines even been through the car wash :approve:

350z GT
hmmm would never use a car wash i have to say...

i push my limits using the polish guys tbh...but its jus so easy an cheap lol

BMW F21 125d
I like a clean car, but I'm not anal about it. In the summer it gets washed on average once a week. In the winter its when I can be bothered and its not too cold, or when Morrisons Jet Wash is available! It gets waxed twice a year, nothing more.
At the end of the day most of us are talking here about a French hatch worth less than 5k, its not a rolls-royce!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Nothing wrong with a clean car, I've gone over a year without washing a car before but these days I just do it whenever it's dirty.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
quite regularly, sometimes 2 - 3 times a week in summer, once a week in winter, i personally think the 172 looks so much nicer clean, its worth it

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
a good clean, wax polish etc twice a month and a blast with pressure washer at least once a week.

RS 182 CUP
I Hoover mine about once a week, usually find summat the missus has stashed receipts or empty wrappers somewhere! How anal are people on cleaning thier windows? Try my damnedest to get them smear free, that's where I hate my cup spoiler, waters always hiding under it!

Clio 172 Cup
I generally clean it every fortnight unless its filthy. Theres nowt much else to do on a sunday lol

No I haven't misunderstood. Swirls are caused by washing.

What creases me up is detailers who buy black cars just so they can remove the swirls that they cause by over-washing. The swirls that no one would even see if they hadn't bought a black car.

Swirls are caused and accelerated by bad washing. You're going to get swirling over time but if you're doing it correctly compared to Johnny Polack at the local £5 wash and vac or a person using a grimey sponge then washing properly will reduce the effects greatly.

Nissan 350z
Now that i have my Karcher and Snowfoam i use that on it once a week then just dry. Havent used the old bucket and washing mit method in about a month now lol.

Usually every fornight, sometimes every weekend. Depends on how the weather has been. If it's been raining lots and I've driven it a fair bit then it'll get really dirty dead quickly.

When I can't see the surroundings reflecting in my paint then it's overdue for a wash!

4/5 times a year, never have time these days or the weather is s**t, also being silver never looks too bad.

Once a week on average, sometimes more and sometimes less.

I like it clean, but struggle to find the energy during the week.

clio 182 sport
try and do mine every week i like to drive a clean car. if other people are like me they will look at youre car and think thats clean he looks after that.

RS 182 CUP
What's the best thing to remove tar? Ivebeen told petrol but will this damage my paint work if I were to keep doing it?

Once a week in the summer and whenever it's dry in the winter.

Like to give it a coat of wax before winter though to hopefully protect from salt...

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I clean mine when it starts to moan (Refuses to start) tends to sort it right out ;)
Otherwise every 2 weeks :)

Disastra Coupe
Every week, without fail. A wash and Red Mist once a week, quick hoover too. Wash and a wax every 4/5 weeks.

RenaultSport Clio 172 FF
I wash mine every week. It gets filthy going back and forth to work. Its also easier to clean it when you dont leave the dirt build up.