ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much did you pay...

Hi im looking at buying a 2002 Clio 1.2 Dynamique for my first car at 17 next year. Ive had a look at some quotes for insurance on the internet and been quoted prices like £5500 and £3900 for third party. :eek:

Ive been browsing these forums for a while and seen that a few people on here have bought the same car at 17 and i am wondering what you paid for your insurance and who you are with.
Thanks.

Tom

i bought my 2002 1.2 dynamique when i was 17, and insurance was a nightmare!!

i couldnt find anything for less than £1900 fully comp

i went on my parents insurance, with direct line (so i still earn no claims) for a year for £1000, which ends this month.

But there have been loads of discussions on here about how that is technically against the law to do that, even though loads of people get away with it

Now i have my 1 years no claims i have been quoted £1k on my own policy with direct line, so i have decided to go on my own and not take the risk

the 1.2 dynamiques are ridiculous to insure for young drivers though, it costs the same as a 1.6 focus

hope that is some help?

RB 182 Cup
norwich union are brilliant for new young drivers. was only £125 to add my little brother whos 17 to my insurance

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
have you tried elephant.co.uk they have been cheapest for me for years granted i am older but have my partner on the insurance since she was 22 and i had a nissan pulsar at the time and is was only 650 insurance

Titanium 182
when i was 17 i have a 1.1 peugeot 106
3rd party fire and theft on that cost me £1400 *_*

Now i have a 55 plate clio dynamique 1.4 16v thats £1280 fully comp
Im now 18 with 1 years NCB.

First company was Quinn direct (On the 106)

Now im with norwich union simple cover (Although they dont let you do modifications) Although i am going to just keep em subtle ;)

//James

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
me an my bro have 54 plate 1.2 dynamiques, i'm 20 1 years experience,0NCB, 1 crash and i'm £1300 fully comp.
hes 18 has license for 3 months,oncb, cheapest he could get was £1900, he had a pass pluss but no one would tak it online, called NU to sort out a weeks free insurance that came withthe car, they quoted im took the pass pluss into accound and now hes £1400 fully comp.
get a pass pluss its £120 for the course roughly but it knows hundreds off its equivalent to having 1years NCB

330Ci (Fail)Sport
norwich union are brilliant for new young drivers. was only £125 to add my little brother whos 17 to my insurance

Yup, NU gave me a 50% discount on my first premium at 17 after I did pass plus, but they charge a lot more in 1st place so don't expect amazing quote but should still be v.good if not the best. DO NOT do the 10month scheme tho, only works if you don't have an accident and as new driver I wouldn't take the risk.

Best way I found was to do compare.com and with the few cheapest companies, do your quotes on their sites direct. I saved loads doing that.

NU (only with pass plus), tesco, rac and elephant are the ones I've been with since passing.

Clio 1.2 16v
get a quote for fully comp also as sometimes is suprisingly cheaper. my insurance is 400 with 500 excess fully comp on my 1.2 52 plate clio. thats with post office

RenaultSport 197
£1200 Fully comp with mods with the insurer Admiral at 20. That was only because I stacked my last car and wrote it off. My insurance is now only £950 ish fully comp with 1 year NCB.

1*2 Dynamic 03
Im 19 with no NCB, only been driving just over a year.
Got a 1*2 dynamic billabong fully comp for £1200 and thats WITH pass pluss and IAM :dapprove:.

Thing to remember is your postcode affects more than the car you drive.

1*2 dynamic same as a 1*6 focus??? wtf?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i insured my 1.2 16v for £1500 fully comp in my own name at 17 with pass plus. with direct line

go on your own policy its worth the initial big premium to get a big drop after a year with 1yrs ncb.

im paying £2500 a year on a 172 at 18 and in march it drops to £1500 with 1years ncb!!