ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How it your numberplate held on?

Cli0
For those of you who have purchased a custom or normal plate from fancyplates, do they come with 2 fixing screws and the plate pr-drilled, or do they come with tape or something? (do you get options when ordering?). A while ago i was thinking to get a 520 x 85mm plate, but dont want any hassle from da rozzers. So then i planned to get a standard plain plate to get rid of the manufacturers writing at the bottom.

Just wondering how, and what you use to hold on your plates?

Tar :approve:

Get a 3/4 plate for the front. Know quite a few people who have them and never had a problem with the police.

Bought mine from fancyplates. Came with a set of stickypads IIRC, that's what I used. Looks much smarter instead of the screws imo.

GT 86
Sticky fixing pads from Halfords, hate having screws in number plates and hate the dealers name being displayed.:approve:

400-255547

This ^^^^

I didn't trust the pads that cam from fancy plates but I may be wrong. They also provide yellow, black and white screw end caps if you decide to screw them in.

Jap Box
Got some fixing pads from Halfords myself, their about £3 a pack, hate using sticky pads because its a pain when it leaves adhesive behind.

Cli0
400-255547

This ^^^^

I didn't trust the pads that cam from fancy plates but I may be wrong. They also provide yellow, black and white screw end caps if you decide to screw them in.

Ahh heavy duty stuff, even better.

Sticky fixing pads from Halfords, hate having screws in number plates and hate the dealers name being displayed.:approve:

Yeh i dont like the dealer name/s at the bottom, ugly.

Ive seen alot of numberplates with no screw attachment and wondered what was used instead. :D

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Was velcro but then my mates found out and decided to swap my plates around or hide them.. So niw they are held on with some strong stickyback tape

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Bought a roll from local car factors,dark green one side same as the seperate pads you can buy,cut four pieces widthways and still loads left

Velcro coins. I need something stronger though as my r****d mates keep pulling it off, and the velcro is starting to unstick from the car body.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I used to use velcro but I think I got a bad batch and it fell off.

I now just used some double sided sicky tape.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Velcro coins. I need something stronger though as my r****d mates keep pulling it off, and the velcro is starting to unstick from the car body.

+1 I got pulled over a few weeks back because my idiot neighbour decided to turn my front plate upside down lol!

Cli0
Haha ^^

I'll definitely use double sided tape for the rear as ill never need to take it off. I just cant decide what to do about the front :D