ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How heavy is your clutch?

Clio 197
My 182 one is heavier than my old 172 cup.They are both heavy! I have got used to it, i only notice how heavy it is when i drive another car :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't driven another car for quite a while, never thought they was that bad though? Mine isn't exactly 'hard' work.

Clio 197
Nothing compared to a MG ZR I used to own, on many occasions I actually had shooting pains up my leg when trying to park it hahaha.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
MK1's & 2's are fairly heavy, mk3's though are light as f**k (At least our 100TCE is and ed's 200 was when I drove it). Perhaps get a 197/200?

Ph2 172
I actually like the heavy clutch, and I have knackered knees and ankles thanks to genetics.

I used to hate it when I first got the car, couldn't drive smoothly at all. Now I hate light clutches and wouldn't want one.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Never notice it unless I get stuck in traffic, seems to stick a lot and gives you a dead leg pretty quick.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
My 172 Cup very light.

My 2012 Megane GT f**king HEAVY!!! Have to drive it all day every day in london and it kills. Have to wear crocs otherwise it bores holes in my feet.

225 Cup & Williams
My 172 Cup very light.

My 2012 Megane GT f**king HEAVY!!! Have to drive it all day every day in london and it kills. Have to wear crocs otherwise it bores holes in my feet.

Must be something wrong with your megane if it's mega heavy.

225 Cup & Williams
Strange I thought it would have been pretty light.

I've fitted a Helix clutch to my 225 and it's unbelievably heavy so much so that I regret getting it fitted.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is a Diesel btw...easily one of the heaviest ive used.
Only a couple of paddle clutches ive had on previous cars have been heavier.

BG FF 182
My Yaris diesel had a heavy clutch, due to no DMF, which is a good thing.

My Clio clutch therefore feels just right.

I love the clutch on the 182, its short bite, feels solid and takes abuse. Had a Saxo 1.1 once that bit once your knee was next to your chest.