ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HIDs fitted to the 1.2

Got my HIDs fitted that I got off here. Makes such a difference to the car

Also fitted some Diadem Indicator bulbs, front and back

Before - Normal Halogen H7 Bulbs

P1040103.jpg

P1040105.jpg

After - H7 6k HIDs

P1040247.jpg

P1040248.jpg

Diadem Bulbs

P1040249.jpg

C+C Welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
RS Grille is next I think.
Not a fan of colour coding on this colour of car. Think the black breaks it up nicely.
New number plates, hopefully a smaller front one

But apart from that, I'm keeping her standard-ish, Insurance fookers :(

Metallic blue Clio 1.2
did they screw in fine for you then?, im thinking about getting a set soon aswell, but first is colour coding then rs grill then maybe the HID kit

did they screw in fine for you then?, im thinking about getting a set soon aswell, but first is colour coding then rs grill then maybe the HID kit

I couldn't get my hand in behind the headlight so I ended up taking the bumper off and taking the headlights out. Then fed all the wires through that metal clip and the bulbs plugged in nicely with just the clip, put the wires into the cap and then put the rest of the wires back through the rubber grommit and into the ballasts.
Also used Halfords Velcro to attach the ballasts so I can take them off easy if needs be.

Cheers for your help on that one dude

Go for a drive and see if you get any flashes, Genuinely interested looking to get a hid kit myself, Had a Polo clearly using a HID kit drive past me today, didnt bother me visually but i could see in my rear view he had good light for driving.

I've been out, got no flashes at all, drove past about 3 police cars without any trouble.

Drove behind my friend and he said he can tell they are HIDs but it doesn't blind him. The light only comes upto the bottom of his bootlid just like the original bulbs anyway.
(Thats on the "0" setting on the height adjuster, so I've still got 4 lower levels I can put it to)

Really pleased with them.

Don;t even need highbeams going round dark bends as the light spreads out over the road alot better.

Best mod I've done tbh

Dynamique
Sorry to hijack! I'm thinking of getting a 172 front bumper and doing a conversion (I mean properly), but I know my model only has halogen lamps. Would I need 172 front lamps?

The bulbs to use in lense like this are H7R HID bulbs like in Renault Lagunas (like 51 reg shape) and some Volvos. They use open reflector housings that look like halogen lamps but are actually HID. The R bulb refers to "reflector" and it has a ceramic coating on the bulb itself to deflect light.

Get a H7R "short" bulb HID kit if possible (they exist if you search online) as this will be closest in dimension to the H7 halogen bulb meaning the focal point of the beam will be closer (the reason why most HID kits blinds the bulb light point is wrong).

Sorry to hijack! I'm thinking of getting a 172 front bumper and doing a conversion (I mean properly), but I know my model only has halogen lamps. Would I need 172 front lamps?

You will just need the sport bumper and sport front wings.

Doesnt matter if you have normal bulbs or xenon units they the bumper will still fit.

The bulbs to use in lense like this are H7R HID bulbs like in Renault Lagunas (like 51 reg shape) and some Volvos. They use open reflector housings that look like halogen lamps but are actually HID. The R bulb refers to "reflector" and it has a ceramic coating on the bulb itself to deflect light.

Get a H7R "short" bulb HID kit if possible (they exist if you search online) as this will be closest in dimension to the H7 halogen bulb meaning the focal point of the beam will be closer (the reason why most HID kits blinds the bulb light point is wrong).

Got any links to kits in the uk please?

OP - Just passing advice, Get some SMD white sidelights if you want to run them, The 4x LED ones start flickering in most cases, Meaning you end up driving around with a flickering side light(s) after a while.

Sounds good to me, Where did you get the kit?

What was fitting like, i.e. getting the bulb fitting into the holder?

I got the kit off here mate.

And it was a complete b*****d to get fitted. There is no room behind the headlights so I took the front bumper off and then the headlights. After that it was easy to fit them and put everything back together.

French people must have small hands if they are able to do anything behind these headlights

OP - Just passing advice, Get some SMD white sidelights if you want to run them, The 4x LED ones start flickering in most cases, Meaning you end up driving around with a flickering side light(s) after a while.

My 4 LEDs have been flickering for a while. My SMDs arrived today so they are fitted aswell. Prefered the look of the 4 LEDs but I can't drive about with them flickering considering they were more blue than white

^Me too mate, The 4LEDs look a bit less bright and matched my white bulbs, But went through 3 sets all had one flickering.. So had to go SMD.

Yeah i would expect to have the bumper and headlights off for fitting, But as long as it was alright after that?

Yep it was fine after that. Although I did have to cut off a chunk of the rubber grommit you get with the HIDs as I couldn't fit this through the metal clip but its all sealed with the original headlight grommit from the car anyway as I only cut a slice in it to get the wires through

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Have these on mine with reflector Headlights, and I'm considering taking them out tbh. Never get flashed as I've set them up properly, and at night in the dry they do offer very good distance, but in the wet with the relection off surface water they are lethal! Can't really be that safe to other road users coming towards me.

Oh and to answer all the MOT pass/fail questions, had I not know and be friendly with an MOT technician who got it through for me, mine would have failed.

As has ben said, shouldn't really be fitted without projector lenses.

http://www.parkingsensoronline.co.uk/h7rc-conversion-p-344.html

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-HID-con...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a45722ed

http://www.convert2xenon.co.uk/rena...lio-2001-hid-xenon-lights-conversion-kit.html

Although the last kit mentions Clio, it will of course just be a universal HID kit with a H7R bulb, but I don't think it's a "short" bulb. I would advise getting a kit that specifically lists the short bulb (like the first two) as that does make a big differene for light focal points. However, I've never used one of these kits myself, I was just considering one for an A3 which uses reflector housings too and it can't be ignored that the Renault Laguna uses open reflector units with "R" HID bulbs!

Last edited: