ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help price a race/track cup

I need some advice on how best to price/sell my track-spec cup, full description on the "for sale" section.

205-210 bhp, 190 lb/ft, full suspension, brake system setup etc, etc.

Many thanks for feedback

Dogmaul thats why Im asking for advice on where best to sell the car. Clearly for somebody who just wants "a cup", this makes little sense as you have to be prepared to maintain the car, etc so why spend any extra on it. Some people may actually find it off-putting not to have fogs on a car, if its the cosmetics youre after..

The spec should appeal to people who regularly go to track days, and may be considering a move up in power/performance from a standard car, or a move "down" from a car costing £30-40k plus to own and maintain.

Ill probably advertise it on "circuit driver", "pistonheads" etc.

keep the advice coming pls!!

The only OE parts I may no longer have are the springs and dampers (although Id have to ask my mechanic if hes kept them after a year or so, prob has) and I no longer have the OE exhaust.

so OE parts are basically airbox and ancilliaries, front fogs

ps. looked on Evo, nothing there. And anyway I need to decide what price to put it up for first before advertising it, hence the request to help me price/sell.

Alas, its doubtful if you will recover much more for the car than the std going rate for a Cup of your age/mileage etc....unless you find that elusive individual who wants the exact same spec. No matter how good the mods, a lot of people are wary of buying modded cars. Silly I know, but realistic.

I think youre right evilowl, but so much work and pain has gone into setting up the car just right (JJ172 knows..), that I am reluctant to go back to standard.

I guess Ill have to find somebody who wants my car as it is or I will just have to keep it! My best opportunity may be at my next track day. A discreet "for sale" sign on the back window - very visible to the cars being overtaken ..

*LOL* nice idea....

I learnt the hard way - spent £1000s modding a Fiesta turbo which is now worth jack sh*t. I either keep it or flog it for bugger all!

Depends if you want a quick sale?

Hi JJ, I dont need a quick sale. If I sell it, itll be to a like-minded individual whos done the maths and has already figured out his is the best, most economical way to seriously get into track days. On a cost/performance ratio, I dont think much else comes close. For that person, they can save £4-5k on doing it themselves and wasting a year of trial and error. Theyll have a perfectly setup car and potentially a cliocup race team to look after them and maintain my (sorry their) cup.

Its a long shot, but what about getting Performance GTI to do a feature on it (it must be pretty rare i.e. a cup with 200+bhp), maybe get LAD to show up and/or Roamer. Or, just a blatent one car, oh-and-its-for-sale feature article??

That sort of power plus the mods is a hot topic, and will surely help with magazine sales?!

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

hi phil, i know what you have had done, but maybe if you where to tell people the exact work that has been done to get that extra power and maybe the name of the tuners in question (might help get some sensible pricing guesses)..still waiting to get mine in...;)

Hi haitch long time no speak! The list I put up on the "for sale" section spells out all the details on whats been done etc. I kept the description short on the general discussion forum.

Its funny how most people immediately focus on power. The best improvements to the car were definitely suspension and brakes. They have added 7-10 mph to my cornering speed and although that doesnt sound like much it makes a huge difference on track. You take and exit corners that much faster and it takes a HELL of a lot more power for a heavier car to catch up with you on a relatively short straight after youve lost them in the bends. My advice would be to spend first on handling and brakes. If you need more you can then get into the engine modifications, but thats expensive as you know. I would say £1.5k on suspension and brakes and about £2.5k on engine and ECU will get you where Im at today (getting a cliocup team to set it up is priceless). I had to spend quite a lot more time doing trial and error before the car was spot on.

talk to you soon. P

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

hi phil, whoever buys ur car will be a lucky owner as the suspension setup doesnt get any better, bit backward but it will come l8r for me,as for brakes i have some black diamond predator discs n pads n braided hoses to go on just got to get the hi-spec 4 pots (nothing wrong with my brakes at the mo so no rush) just cant wait to get the engine done! have you chosen ur next car/project? :oops:

SOunds like youve got a minting track day cup there mate.

Unfortunatly I would price it significantly lower than a bog std cup if selling to the general public, modding cars only really detracts from their price for general sale. However if you can find the right sort of buyer then you could attract a fair bit over the bogo rate.

Marketing the car well and carefully pinpointing your intended market will ensure a high sale.

absolutely right brazo.

I am in no hurry to sell and may well end up keeping it if I dont find the right buyer.

haitch re next project, Im afraid a "slight" change in emphasis. I need an "industrial" 4x4 to carry ever increasing loads of scuba diving gear etc. Maybe a nice Defender 110 pick up or something - so not exactly a "performance" car!