ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hate but love

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome mate, bet it suprised a few people to say the least! Expect a few PM's in the near future ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's a rather cool fact!

Did it feel fast Waitey or just fun?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
That's a rather cool fact!

Did it feel fast Waitey or just fun?

It was fast.

BUT

The gearing was crap. 8000rpm in 5th was 130mph.

Its needed taller gears. Most of the LSD's are lower ratio so that didn't help. Most MX-5 owners aim to make the gears shorter.

TBH it needed the MK2 6 speed and a serious final drive. If it had the ability to do say 155 in 6th it'd have been a weapon!

I have no idea what to do at the moment. I just can't seem to get a decent insurance quote for my 20shit, let alone a MX-5. Going to e-mail brentacre when im eligable. Have basically just signed my life away by takingout a 10 month Bell policy on my 206.

A well built VW
Reminds me of this local one

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_ajiSSQF4Q&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_ajiSSQF4Q&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Monaco 172
Not sure if this is the same one as posted earlier, but I think I may have found a video of it...has a RB25 lump in it :eek: craziness!!

I'm really debating just selling my 172 and getting a half decent one for less than 1.5k and then spending about a grand modifying it to look more 'manly'.

How much would it cost for a decent exhaust, set of coilies and deep dish 15" alloys?

[youtube]kR7AQbDQ40I[/youtube]

J03

MX5 1.8
whaaaaaaaaaaat that is all to make it over 200 bhp?!?! where have i been.. :dead:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I have no idea what to do at the moment. I just can't seem to get a decent insurance quote for my 20s**t, let alone a MX-5. Going to e-mail brentacre when im eligable. Have basically just signed my life away by takingout a 10 month Bell policy on my 206.

Just ring them and ask for a change over quote. My mx5 was only £650 with bell.

Ph1 - 172
i started looking at these the other day thanks to this thread, seriously tempted! the insurance is cheap to say the least, clio is circa 1k this year, mx5 1.8 mk 1 was only £650 :approve:

J03

MX5 1.8
For what I costed I could make your 1.8 run about 270bhp...

thats simply awsome.. am gettin rid of mine anyway so i cant do anything to it :( but hopefully be buying another one when am 21 next year and make a track **** of one!

mx5
Some guy on mx5nutz is doing fitted supercharger kits for around £1500 a pop, an FI 5 would be such a weapon.

Monaco 172
Some guy on mx5nutz is doing fitted supercharger kits for around £1500 a pop, an FI 5 would be such a weapon.

Have you got a link for this? Would be a great help because it's what I am after doing when I get my 5 :D

Lukas

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Scottys5051.jpg

scottys5021.jpg

scottys5013.jpg

scottys5069.jpg

Scottys5047.jpg

DONE

omg piss off stop posting pics of sexy 5s :(

Dual optics arnt that great, but they are very very expensive. £500ish just for the conversion!