ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hate but love

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
736too-much-want.jpg

deffo the one...
and yes it does handle like its on rails...it was knowhere to be seen as i approached peasedown roundabout (from bath), then as i merged (after the rounadbout) he was directly behind me and tbf most probably had the legs on me...but never passed

however i did genuinely pmsl at his attempt at hero points, we never topped 80 let alone well into the hundreds...give him a pat on the back from me....lol

Haha yea 120 did seem abit optimistic, being a 1.5 its only pushing around 120bhp at the most (maybe slightly more). But it weights probably below 900kg now. It feels rapid, i love it.

This is another mates new Mx-5, picked it up from Bristol Import Center at a bargain price.

1.8, rust free, new room, imacculate condition on the outside... he paid a £1000. Then offered it to me for £1800 (Cheeky cnut, tempted tho.)

25891_10150122992280514_631785513_11637018_8327203_n.jpg

Cheap coilovers and some alloys (Cant remember what they are tho, came off a Mk1 Civic a mate had)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Haha yea 120 did seem abit optimistic, being a 1.5 its only pushing around 120bhp at the most (maybe slightly more). But it weights probably below 900kg now. It feels rapid, i love it.

badly wish i had the 172 back, i never have opportunity's to play then this week i have had several....ffs

badly wish i had the 172 back, i never have opportunity's to play then this week i have had several....ffs

You should come out with us somepoint then! Have a good laugh now and again.

When he told me i was suprised, i thought a Williams would of had more of an edge. We race Chronoed his 1.5 before it was stripped and had a 4-2-1, managed to pull an 8.5 to 60 in the wet with a good speed:distance graph.

Funny how we're discussing one of the best handling 'everyman' cars ever designed, and yet 99% of the ones posted here look pretty much undriveable ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Funny how we're discussing one of the best handling 'everyman' cars ever designed, and yet 99% of the ones posted here look pretty much undriveable ;)

but most of these are american, they don't have nice roads to drive them on to get the most of the handling...

...if i had one it would look like above, otherwise i just couldn't own one, i passengered home from work in one the other day with my mates mrs, i felt like her gay friend....

Monaco 172
Had my heart set on a 200sx, but I think now it's MX-5 time :) sell the Clio, buy a decent cheap MX-5, spend about a grand on wheels and coilies and exhaust (2nd hand) and still have some change for beer :) now to find one :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'll have another if i can find one in the right spec.

They need over 220bhp.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I know of a well spec'd one for 4.5k. It just needs coilovers and wheels.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
That looks mint! I'll be extremely jealous if you get that Waitey!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
My GF has said she'll leave me if i get it lol

It needs coilovers, spacers and mapping so thats another £1k on the 4.5k.

Pics? To decide whether it's worth it ;)

Mine say's she won't get in an MX5 if I get one: 'Too gay' apparently. :cool:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The words "got stance" never seemed so apt until I seen this thread.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
:approve:

Compromise - Sell the M3, buy MX5 and my car for a daily? Everyone will be happy.

Moar.

phil6672.jpg

dsc0270if2.jpg

img_8725.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Anyone interested on the cost of building a 240bhp MX5.

Car £2000
ECU £600 New
Mapping £300
Wheels £500 New
Tyres £200 New
Turbo £200 2nd Hand
Intercooler £200 New
Exhaust £400 New
Coilovers £500 New
Injectors £150 New
Clutch £300 New
Manifold £300 New

Total cost if you do all the work = £5650.

2nd hand parts could save you about £1k.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Anyone interested on the cost of building a 240bhp MX5.

Car £2000
ECU £600 New
Mapping £300
Wheels £500 New
Tyres £200 New
Turbo £200 2nd Hand
Intercooler £200 New
Exhaust £400 New
Coilovers £500 New
Injectors £150 New
Clutch £300 New
Manifold £300 New

Total cost if you do all the work = £5650.

2nd hand parts could save you about £1k.

Cheers, good to know. I'm guessing this was the spec of your old one? My car's going up for sale next month and these are my top choice for replacement so far.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Basically yeah. Although mine had an wideband O2 sensor too.