ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has insurance got cheaper this year?

A C2 VTS is no cheaper to run than a 172 mate!

Cheaper insurance, tax and the tyres are smaller iirc
I still wanted something with a little bit of power cos my mate went from a saxo VTS to a 1.4 polo and he was so pissed off at how slow it was lol

not gunna be doing much miles on it so petrol won't matter as much :)

You are mental. HTH.

Yes. Yes I am.

500px-Vegeta_and_goku_(P).jpg

Holy Fook! I wouldn't pay that on principle - no matter how much I wanted the car!

​D.

haa it was £1800 which was what I was paying for my 1.2 Corsa, then I bought the 172 went to buy the quote from online but they upped it over the phone. I work in Cardiff which is 20 mile on the motorway so I had to have a car lol

PB Clio 172
That's crazy I would rather walk and save the money!

Lol on a C2 vts idea, they are awful cars full of faults

On my insurance front I saved £127 on last years insurance. £392 fully comp

Suzuki Ignis Sport
My mate got a C2 VTS and only problem he had is brakes. He aint had a problem at all :)
Plus they're nice, cheap and low insurance.

For a 172 I'd be looking at £1,300 fully comp. Probably the points that's naffed you (what are the points for?)

Sounds like a worthwhile swap tbh - assuming the insurance does come through much cheaper?

Just over a grand for the 182 and Evo combined for me.... ;)

D.

Yeah I like them a lot suprisingly. I got quoted £807 so hopefully when I call it'll stay the same haha.

Don't have to rub it in ¬¬

For a 172 I'd be looking at £1,300 fully comp. Probably the points that's naffed you (what are the points for?)

I didn't have the points when I took out the clio insurance though! haha
Just me being a knob and thinking *hmm i'd rather get 3 points for the next few years instead of being late to work....

BMW M4; S1000 RR
26 with no points or claims, and 6 years NCD = 172 for £340

Not bad I thought, but then the amount of premiums I've paid since I started driving compared to how much has been claimed is an eye watering ratio.

RB182FF & Mini
Im paying 2.8K for my 172 this year so my next car will be a C2 VTS probably cos im only needing a little runaround and its gone down to £807. I'm 19 with 1 year NCB and 3 points (oops lol)

OUCH!

I'm 19, 1 year NCB, No points. 1500 quid full comp on my 182 :S

Clio 172 + 172 cup
I am sure it has dropped generally. Mine down from £800 to £600, no points, 17 years NCD, 39yo, Merc S500. At my age and NCD I don't think these affect the premium much from one year to the next.

I was quoted £1200 for the Clio as it is heavily modified (interior brakes and suspension) but it is only used for track days so didn't bother to insure it. No tax and no insurance = cheap to run.

MC