ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halo Reach - Gone GOLD!!!!!

Astra CDTI SRI
Am I the only xbox owner that thinks the Halo series is the most over-hyped, boring, load of rubbish out?

Ok, they not terrible games, but they are not way as great as they are made out to be.

Inferno 182 CUP
Am I the only xbox owner that thinks the Halo series is the most over-hyped, boring, load of rubbish out?

Ok, they not terrible games, but they are not way as great as they are made out to be.

No i would tend to agree chap

Honda. Tesla Someday
If you don't like it, why are you in the thread!? Why bother clicking it or posting your crap!? You're obviously in the minority, seeing as it's one of the most successful game franchises Ever!

Whatever!

Thanks!

Honda. Tesla Someday
except everyone bar you in the thread doesn't like it ;)

Oh really?? Wow!!! OMG!!!! I'm SOOO hurt and distraught!! I'm gonna go cut myself and assume the fetal position!

Note to mods, please get this thread back on topic. Thanks!

^^Unfortunatly that will always be the topic, they sell well yes but the target audience is well school kids...

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
its all , find someone.. charge towards them holding the fire trigger, when your close enough hit b..... first to land a melee wins.... rinse, repeat....

VaVa
The first Halo, on the original Xbox, was better than anything available on any console at the time. It was a million miles better than any PS2 shooter. And probably most PC shooters, too. It was original, have a wonderful feeling of 'open-ness', played brilliantly and looked good.

It just seemed to get tired pretty quickly tbh. I lost interest after Halo 2 tbh, and I spent hours and hours playing the first one.

Mito Sportiva 135
I think some people think "it's not set in a real life war zone, therefore it's for kids" ...SO UNTRUE. The mechanics are the most solid in any FPS I've played. The beta for this was better than 90% of full games. The online is truly epic.

1.8 Civic EX
This is such a funny subject, not just on here but amungst my mates too.

It seems those that like the Halo series simply cannot accept the fact that other people don't like the game. I think there must be some kind of hidden message in the game that if you play it too long it brainwashes you into thinking it's the most amazing game ever and anyone that says otherwise is simply wrong.

I think that maybe you needed to have bought the first, second then third (I thought ODST was a load of old w**k) to truely get the game. Far better than any call of duty imo.
I had 3 of my best mates (all of which are total PS3 bummers) say 'its crap blah blah' went away for a few days took it with us and now they are total converts.
Not everyone likes everything (COD in my case which i just think there are better games out there) but for me Halo is still the best game for online play out there.

Yeah, the target audience for a mature rated game is school children. That makes sense.

Makes perfect sense! Which is reflected in its core user base :D

I'm not saying its not good or hasn't sold well. The wii has sold tons of shovelware ;)

Diesel Barge
I loved halo 1 and never put halo 2 down, but I never seemed to get halo 3, I think its because im older, I was 15/16 during halo 2.

I'll still be buying reach though.

1.8 Civic EX
I think that maybe you needed to have bought the first, second then third (I thought ODST was a load of old w**k) to truely get the game. Far better than any call of duty imo.
I had 3 of my best mates (all of which are total PS3 bummers) say 'its crap blah blah' went away for a few days took it with us and now they are total converts.
Not everyone likes everything (COD in my case which i just think there are better games out there) but for me Halo is still the best game for online play out there.

so i was right, there are hidden messages that brainwash people in this game lol ;)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
People that don't like Halo aren't gamers.

As much as I enjoy a game on COD it gets boring very quickly when the game favours the pick up and play audience. Not such a bad thing, it has attracted a massive crowd to the consoles which wouldn't normally enjoy entering a game (i.e. Halo) and getting destroyed for weeks until they learn the maps/weapons/tactics etc.

1.8 Civic EX
People that don't like Halo aren't gamers.

As much as I enjoy a game on COD it gets boring very quickly when the game favours the pick up and play audience. Not such a bad thing, it has attracted a massive crowd to the consoles which wouldn't normally enjoy entering a game (i.e. Halo) and getting destroyed for weeks until they learn the maps/weapons/tactics etc.

I'm hopeing that was said with some intention of sarcasm, if not then be honest, thats bit of a dumb comment to make.

It's like saying, people that don't like Clio's aren't true petrolheads.

Evo 5 RS
really not fussed about this. The original was marketable and was good for Xbox. Not entirely sure what all the hype is about - a lot of people say the multiplayer in #3 is brilliantly designed and revolutionary to the console fps genre

I say f**k off

Honda. Tesla Someday
I can't wait! After playing the multiplayer beta, oh my it was amazing!! If you love FPS, then it's all about Halo!

In my Honest opinion ofcourse!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
personally i think ODST was better than this, not enjoying it atm, just more of the same :-/

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm hopeing that was said with some intention of sarcasm, if not then be honest, thats bit of a dumb comment to make.

It's like saying, people that don't like Clio's aren't true petrolheads.

It's not a dig mate, but why wouldn't you like Halo if you enjoy FPS' on console? What exactly makes it "not good" ?

Halo never floated by boat. I love FPS, but just prefer them to be more real, fighting and shooting humans etc!

1.8 Civic EX
It's not a dig mate, but why wouldn't you like Halo if you enjoy FPS' on console? What exactly makes it "not good" ?

no worries, I see where you are coming from.

Simply put I've just never liked it. I've got no issue with the lack of realism (real weapons/humans not aliens etc) as I'll happily play other games such as Gears of War etc, I've also go no issues with games that may take a bit of practice to start getting into it (BFBC2 is awesome but certainly takes a while to work out what the best tactics are etc) It's just a bit "meh", and without doubt one of the most overhyped series of games ever. (except for maybe the GTA games as they are lacking a fair bit these days too).

It's just missing something that I can't put my finger on, it's not enjoyable to play for me at all.

Mito Sportiva 135
Mine's on pre-order now.

If you don't like Halo there is something wrong...although a lot of my friends say the same. I don't get it, it's such a great series for MP?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Pah whatever!!! I think Halo is f*cking brilliant!!! I mwean, the STORY is immense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Halo is crap, even online. Boring boring boring. Halo Reach Beta was crap too.

why did you click on the thread then!?

Piss off.

Just typical on here! Great forum, but a few idiots ruin it with their crap! If you got nothing constructive to say, and if you don't like the topic, feel free to f*ck off. The topic is in regard to Halo Reach - its obviously a sort of appreciation thread.

F*ck sakes. Pathetic.

Clio
This coming from a non hardcore gamer, i prefer p**n.

Halo was good because it was alot better than anything available at the time. Other games caught up and it was limited, played a bit of 2 and then thought awwww no.