ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had my car remapped and dyno'd today....

Milltek'd clio 182
As stated above i had my car remapped at AMD essex, an all i can say is im very happy yet skeptable about it....My car only has a full decat milltek system and a JMS induction kit and thats all, so here are my results ;

First run was at 177hp
After the remap and run it put out 193.8

Has anyone had there clio on the rolling road at AMD essex, i am over the moon, but i can definatley see a few people in doubt lol, but hey im the one driving lol enjoy.

a0567977.jpg

d38a3c82.jpg

6adf7caf.jpg

1b37f8f4.jpg

6f69fb5d.jpg

177bhp sounds about right really. Give or take. A lot of 182's are lower than that as standard.

But 193.8bhp from just an extra map is laughable!

How does it feel?

172 phase 1
their pre-map figure looks quite an accurate figure for the car, so don't see why the post map figure would be wrong, but i prefer wheel horse power figure as its not a 'estimated' flywheel figure :)

Milltek'd clio 182
different to say the least, alot smoother, an i did have a flat spot when in fourth gear but definatley seems more responsive and smoother thats for suree. Might have to dyno it again me thinks.

Milltek'd clio 182
it had an oil change the week before, i also ran it on v-power today, an it has only done 28k on the clock, so i suppose 177 does sound accurate, but the remap performance is good in my eyes as well as whether its being correct or not, i dont know, but definatley pleased so far

Hmmm, even the pre map figure is quite high for a 182, long as your happy though thats the main thing

Last edited:
  Milltek'd clio 182
well im certainley customer happy, well im going to put her on another dyno next month, so if it says the same then, i think i will believe the figures, so were go from there lol

53 Clio's & counting
no s**t LOL! i bet dougs does 280 on there LOL!

Pmsl, actually i think going what Dougs engine made with fmp then thats probably about right on their rollers Fred!

Though I hope you had a chance to sort out those head ports - a few ponies more to come there!

53 Clio's & counting
Swwweeet! I swear Doug has bottomless pockets lol

(Slight thread hijack, hows Dynacup? New axle on yet?)

RB 182 cup
according to your graphs it was done at 0 deg and even tho nothing has changed the correction factor from the first and second run has changed ??????

Ph2 Clio 172
Shock as company selling and fitting equipment providers buyer with massive gain RR result.

Its no surprise really, but it does explain where all the "Has an exhaust and remap, and now makes 210bhp!" eBay listings come from.

Clio Sport 172 ITB
also another funny thing.... it made peak torque at exactly the same rpm.... erm.. BS??? but as said if your happy then enjoy

CBR1000RR Fireblade
according to your graphs it was done at 0 deg and even tho nothing has changed the correction factor from the first and second run has changed ??????

Most dynos can be altered to read harsh / generous. Bogg brothers did it for a laugh with Thorpeys vts'd Citroën ax. It ran and made 380hp at the wheels on a standard engine.......

Flol, be very careful who you go to for a power run. I like to get to 3 readings from different RR's and take an average. That's probably the best way tbh. Although now I have started using a Hub dyno for the power runs. These are much more accurate.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
even tho nothing has changed the correction factor from the first and second run has changed ??????

Correction factor @ 0.91 = 177 bhp

Add 9% to make:

Correction factor @ 1.00 = 193bhp

Now, i dont know the ins & outs of rolling roads, & correction factors, etc - hopefully someone will help me out here?

But is it coincidence that the correction factor has changed by exactly the same percentage as the power?

From a maths perspective, its looks like they changed the correction factor, & got more power.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I think that correction factor is quite simply a fiddle factor to multiply the result.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
AMD Results are up and down all the time. My mate had his STtdci mapped there it got 177bhp, went there for a rr day it got 195 lol

RB 182 cup
Correction factor @ 0.91 = 177 bhp

Add 9% to make:

Correction factor @ 1.00 = 193bhp

Now, i dont know the ins & outs of rolling roads, & correction factors, etc - hopefully someone will help me out here?

But is it coincidence that the correction factor has changed by exactly the same percentage as the power?

From a maths perspective, its looks like they changed the correction factor, & got more power.

exactly my point, the correction factor is worked out by the air temp(which is 0???), pressure and humidity which none have changed but they have changed it to suit them

Milltek'd clio 182
well this is the thing guys and girls, which i think i ought to get another few dynos else where then average it out, i was happy when i saw the result but then slightly dissappointed as i doubted in my mind whether this is true or not. But will keep you all posted next month, when i dyno it again, then if it stays the same then i'll believe the figures but if its different then AMD have a happy customer rating lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This must be the hundreth time i've said this but why would a company take a few hundred quid off you then RR'd it to say it only increased 3bhp!

Of course they're going to lie to you or at least fabricate the results.

I remember the guy with the Corsa that had spent circa 10k with a company and got 400bhp or something silly! They're hardly going to tell you it only made 50bhp over stock after spending 10k with them! That's commercial suicide!

Milltek'd clio 182
well were find out next month when reality strikes me, haha. But yes i was aware of a 17bhp being optimistic gally, but were see how we get on next month an ill keep you all updated an perhaps i can find out what really is the true figure.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not saying it's not genuine mate. I've little idea what remaps actually do. Maybe 10bhp on an average n/a petrol car. But a lot of people believe what they are told by the "experts".

Hopefully a few more people will be wise to it. Like Roy said a while back figures don't mean as much as driveability. If it's improved the car as a whole then the increase in power ect.. is irrelelvant. If I had my car mapped I wouldn't be interested in figures to be honest. I'd simply judge the car by how it drove afterwards.

If I had a 335d or something mental then i'd maybe be more interested in the gains.

Milltek'd clio 182
Well i have definatley seen a big improvement which im over the moon about, an they reckoned i would gain somewhere between 6-10bhp, but they said they had two clios in the day before and they didnt put out as much as what mine did, and he kept asking me if i did anything else to my car, in which i replyed no. so theres things he said which made it believeable but then who do you trust, so hopefully when i dyno it again that it says 193.8bhp ;) lol

Clio Sport 172 ITB
Well i have definatley seen a big improvement which im over the moon about, an they reckoned i would gain somewhere between 6-10bhp, but they said they had two clios in the day before and they didnt put out as much as what mine did, and he kept asking me if i did anything else to my car, in which i replyed no. so theres things he said which made it believeable but then who do you trust, so hopefully when i dyno it again that it says 193.8bhp ;) lol

in that case if your cars making that bhp without cams, itbs or an rs2 wanna swap with my itb 172? coz it seems me making 205 bhp has been a waste of money :) might take it all off, sell it, go to AMD in essex and make 195 with mild breathing mods! :D

WANTED: RB 182
I have had a few experiences with AMD, all of which were most pleasant. Sound guys IMO.

The results undoubtedly do sound rather optimistic, however it would be un-just to speak ill of them until you have been RR’d elsewhere.

It’s all just numbers really, if YOU can feel a difference and you are satisfied that for your £’s it was worth it then that’s what really matters & should make you a happy camper.

Ph2 Clio 172
You have a point. If your sole aim for getting a remap and an exhaust is to just have a larger BHP figure on your RR printout, then you have kind of missed the point of the exhaust and remap. Its more about the drivability of the car. If it drives better and you enjoy it more, then that's all that matters.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
What a real dyno would say,before and after remap.
Mods Yozza decat ITG panel filter. Mapped at TDF

Attachments

• clio dyno 001.jpg
    clio dyno 001.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 212

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Seems a little optimistic but if it's improved the drivability of the car then money well spent.

I made 182bhp in my 182 with Ph1 airbox, ITG filter, Samco bend, Decat and Cat back exhaust and RSTuner Remap... Beat figure out of about 10 lightly modified 1*2's on the day.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Before mapping 172.2 bhp 149 ftlb
After mapping 179.6 bhp 159.2 ft/lb

And as other people have said the car feels much better to drive,no more bunny hoping from cold and much better torque lower down the rev range,the 5 k kick is smoother and more willing to hit the limiter.This is what a remap is all about really,how the car drives,and imo its the best value mod out there.

Albi Blue 197
I was speaking to someone who has a 182 and they was telling me that he had a full milltek exhaust includng decat, a panel filter and a remap and they dyno come back as 201bhp?? I didnt think they made much either but it did seem to make a big difference against mine :\ - He also uses Supreme unleaded only too.