ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Octy VRS
I fired it up last night for the first time in a couple of months. I turned it off after one race. Maybe I wasn't in the mood but there was no excitement left in it.

Clio 172 Cup
I did exactly that about an hour ago, I was hoping some online play would have sparked some joy back into the game.

Doesn't help since PSN went down, I saved game seems to have fucked, loaded the game and everything needed to be reinstalled and start again!!

PS3 is definitely getting chopped in for a Xbox!!

Octy VRS
Not sure I'll chop it in as I have too many games that I need to finish on PS3, plus all my stored stuff etc. Just totally lost interest in GT5, they need to add some decent DLC to make it better. Some of the older tracks they got rid of, more premium cars. Seems like they've lost interest too, no news of anything. It was good to start with but races got tedious and I haven't even finished Aspec, not touched Bspec. Seasonals have got a bit meh.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I fired it up last night for the first time in a couple of months. I turned it off after one race. Maybe I wasn't in the mood but there was no excitement left in it.

I did exactly that about an hour ago, I was hoping some online play would have sparked some joy back into the game.

Doesn't help since PSN went down, I saved game seems to have f**ked, loaded the game and everything needed to be reinstalled and start again!!

PS3 is definitely getting chopped in for a Xbox!!

Can't say I'm surprised. That's the main reason I didn't buy it myself... that, and the fact you need a wheel to make the cars handle.

With Forza 4 on the way, the PS3 needs a new racer quickly. GT5's party piece of looking pretty was pretty much it's only really decent feature. Well, for 200 of it's cars anyway. :eek:

GT6 for 2012? LOL. More like 2022.

DCi
i wanted a quick go on GT5 then as I plugged my ps3 in and turned it on i realised the last time i played on it was pre-sony-hacking-gate

so this is a fun loading session

BG 182 (full fat)
i agree with you, its the cars for me, having only 200 premium cars bores the hell out of me, ive got the money to buy some decent cars but there just isnt anything i want in premium, and as for standard, they are all s**t. i do like the fact that you can now have your own track online though.

Evo 8 MR
I've started playing this recently and I decided to buy a wheel (DFGT) and I now love doing A spec races no matter what car I'm in. Before this I was a little bored tbh.

It was like having to learn the game again with the wheel but I'm now at least 2 seconds a lap quicker than the times I had stored from which I'd done a while ago with the pad.

Drifting is a b**ch with the wheel though, not managed to get around that yet.

LoveFilm sent me this the other day and I only lasted one race and before sending it back. Boring as hell.

Seems like other than graphics, nothing at all has changed from the brillant (at the time) original. And yes I'm behind the times a bit.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I seem to be the only one to think the graphics are awful.

GET THE f**k OUT NOW! what are you doing just looking at standard cars then not actually racing? Tracks look amazing, premium cars look amazing :/ pretty confused by your comment tbf.

Kawasaki ER6N
As above the premium cars on any track look stunning. And photo mode can take very realistic pictures great feature. However forza is better for gameplay and noise. Logitec wheel will be up for sale soon.

Megane Mk4
Since PD decided to remove the option to transfer cars worth over 1,000,000 cr, I've not played this.. Although, my favourite part of the game was the online Nascar and Ferrari F1 races.

GET THE f**k OUT NOW! what are you doing just looking at standard cars then not actually racing? Tracks look amazing, premium cars look amazing :/ pretty confused by your comment tbf.

Come on let's be fair ignoring the 800 odd standard cars being poor when put under anything more thorough than a passing glance the game screen tears like a mofo when in motion.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo

Even premium cars, ok photo mode is half decent, but I'm a PC gamer. Play Crysis 1 on maxed out settings and it's way better than gt5!

Look at the track, the scenery, people and cars in the background, the grass.

It's all because the ps3 is... Dare I say... Quite ****. I'm not starting a console war here, but all console games are awful graphics, including xbox.

It is a good game though, I'm 95% through and also have a plat! Just two vettal challenges to do and the 24 hour races.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The fact that only 20% of the cars look decent is laughable TBH.

The 'standard' cars actually look identical to those in GT4, but with added glitchy shadows and AWFUL damage modelling.

Shall I find that picture of the 172 again? LMAO.

Listerine & Poledo
What are the "Seasonal Races" at the moment?

I swiftly ran out of entheusiasm once I struggled to get hold of cars to progress with. Until I net the Sauber I wont be happy.

Although the track-builder is fun, it could do with giving more choise to personalise it, the current method blows, even though I have got a little gem for ragging 300pp cars around. The downhill bend after the start/finish line normally had at least 2/3 people in the wall by lap 3.

Evo 8 MR
The fact that only 20% of the cars look decent is laughable TBH.

The 'standard' cars actually look identical to those in GT4, but with added glitchy shadows and AWFUL damage modelling.

Shall I find that picture of the 172 again? LMAO.

Have you seen one driving? When down gearing there's two flames that come out from the middle of the bumper.

They look like they'd be perfect for a 182 but it's not a 182, lol.

Evo 8 MR
What are the "Seasonal Races" at the moment?

I swiftly ran out of entheusiasm once I struggled to get hold of cars to progress with. Until I net the Sauber I wont be happy.

Although the track-builder is fun, it could do with giving more choise to personalise it, the current method blows, even though I have got a little gem for ragging 300pp cars around. The downhill bend after the start/finish line normally had at least 2/3 people in the wall by lap 3.

Seasonal events, well the latest that's been added is Super GT iirc.

Ph2 Clio 172
Shuffle Mode online is proving to be a right laugh at the moment.

Although I must admit, this game didn't suck me in like all the other GT games did. I spend 2 years playing GT4.

I need to see this 172.

Still pmsling at giving up after 5 whole years with only 20% of the cars modelled. It's either like I suggested ages ago - development was postponed due to lack of funds - OR they were sitting around all day smoking crack. They certainly weren't working on the driving model or the audio. I genuinely think that if I had started a computer programming course on the same day these guys started GT5, I could have produced a better racing game in 5 years. It's a pathetic, joyless, steaming stack of old s**t.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Here you go. PMSL. Check out the damage.

No non-existant centre exhaust flame though. :dapprove:

superspeedwaydaytona4m.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Needs lowz etc.

I managed to get this of a BG 172, which isn't too terrible.... aside from the lego C-pillars, oh and the creased roof, but that probably happened when it got reversed into some armco at 60mph or something.... It'll T-cut anyway

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
  Nippy white cup
The twin exhaust thing on the 172 is the same on GT4 iirc...two big flashes in the right places for the 182 but on the 172

Classic

Chris

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've just realised I bought GT5, played it for 3 - 4 days, bought a wheel (80 quid!) and I've not played it since..

Glad the wheel I bought works on the PC :p

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Thing is, it's good with a decent wheel... if you're in a Premium Car.

That said, I don't think I'd play it lots if I owned it, even with a good setup. There's way too many shortcomings.

Listerine & Poledo
THere are plenty worse out there, just that PD set the expectations so high by taking forever to release it that everyone was bound to feel let down when it finally came out

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
THere are plenty worse out there, just that PD set the expectations so high by taking forever to release it that everyone was bound to feel let down when it finally came out

They wouldn't have felt let down if all the cars were done properly. That just makes such a mockery of the game. I can't get past that.

Imagine buying a Call of Duty game (for those that play COD) that had Three new Multiplayer maps, the other 12 - 15 were from the previous COD, not even tarted up like the map packs for MW2 that featured COD4 maps. Just ported across with sub par graphics.

You wouldn't buy it would you? Not even the Fanboi's would? I don't know why people who rate the game can't see that.

Listerine & Poledo
Valid.

A massive repatch is in order, preferably bringing back Midfield raceway and that super-annoying special stage / test track

EDIT: Ah, yes "Complex String", that's the one
Complex_string_165x168.gif

A sod

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If they patched the game to the correct standard, they would might as well release it on disc. lol.

Clearly some money men at Sony lost patience with Yamauchi and forced the deadline through.

GT fanboys are some of the most blinkered though. They just can't see any faults with it.