ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grid: Autosport

Goliath I
Released 27th June.

Loved the first GRID. Second was okay, looking forward to this though!

"TOCA Race Driver 3 was an office favourite back in the day, so when Codemasters said they wanted to take the series back to its core fan-base we got stuck in to help,” said Simon Strang, AUTOSPORT. “Many of our guys that helped with the handling are either former racers and / or active amateurs, but their deep and ingrained knowledge of all levels of motorsport, from so many weekends spent in far-flung paddocks meant that Codemasters were able to extract aspects of knowledge and understanding that otherwise would slip by. The other thing is that while you want the cars to feel authentic, you don't necessarily want to spend hours mastering it - that's what real racing is for. You want that experience of racing. We hope that the balance is struck right for the players of GRID Autosport and that is certainly what we aimed to help with. The diversity of cars and tracks is another factor we were delighted by and the return of traditional touring car series and classic tracks is great news for racing fans."

Cant wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Yaris Hybrid
I was hoping that Codemasters could step into the void left by Project Gotham.

I had high hopes for Grid 2 but it fell short in my eyes.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Loved playing cat & mouse on Project Gotham Racing, loved Grid, second one not so much.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I used to love toca on pc to be fair

Same here! For ages, it was the only racing game that had a version of Oulton Park in it!

I remember trying to set it up in multiplayer and realising that it only supported IPX/SPX standard. The Betamax of network protocols if ever there was one.

D.

WTCC has been confirmed for this, Matt Neal Tweeted that he'd seen it and was really excited. Wether that means BTCC will be in it I don't know but really hope so.
The original toca touring cars was amazing and needs a need modern equivlent.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
WTCC has been confirmed for this, Matt Neal Tweeted that he'd seen it and was really excited. Wether that means BTCC will be in it I don't know but really hope so.
The original toca touring cars was amazing and needs a need modern equivlent.

There has been a modern equivlent to TOCA. Based on the WTCC. The Simbin "Race" series, it caters more towards the Sim crowd than casual racers. They have a new one coming out soon, here is a sneaky vid....

RS Clio 182
What Grid 2 shouldve been. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out - liking the part focused more on team battles and telling your team mate how to behave in the race. If it has Oulton Park i'll be getting it hehe.....really hope they put some of the british tracks in that were featured in the first TOCAs.

Slightly disappointed its not on PS4 - wouldve finally given me a reason to think about getting it.

Ciio 200
Used to love Toca 2 on the PC, back in the old Super Touring 2000 days. I can still remember finding the Fiesta a right handful round Thruxton using a keyboard at the time. I've still my boxed copy in the loft, along with GP2.

Toca Race Driver series never quite had the same magic for me. The first Grid was OK, but tried to master too many genres such as drifting, touge, destruction derby, but never quite any of them right compared to the competition. Never bothered with Grid 2, it was one of those games that I'd pick it up when its sub £20, but then never have, I have a feeling this may end up being the same, but will reserve judgement until its released.

Used to love Toca 2 on the PC, back in the old Super Touring 2000 days. I can still remember finding the Fiesta a right handful round Thruxton using a keyboard at the time. I've still my boxed copy in the loft, along with GP2.

Toca Race Driver series never quite had the same magic for me. The first Grid was OK, but tried to master too many genres such as drifting, touge, destruction derby, but never quite any of them right compared to the competition. Never bothered with Grid 2, it was one of those games that I'd pick it up when its sub £20, but then never have, I have a feeling this may end up being the same, but will reserve judgement until its released.

GP2c was an epic game! spent many an hour playing that.
I'm looking forward to this new Grid, I'm quite glad its coming out on ps3 as it means I can delay my purchase of a next gen console (wairing for fallout4 to come out)

172, Focus
I still play toca 2 on my ps, simply one of the best racing games ever made.

I remember that it was one of the first racing games to have see through glass on the car models and bits of bodywork that hung on before falling off later in the lap.

I would love codemasters to do a game focusing solely on the btcc package, pretty much a update of toca 2, with all the support races featured, ginettas, porsches, clio cup, formula ford etc.

Autosport will fill a void for now though!

A SHED!
Flol no ps4 release, the system is a joke. Mine's been boxed and i'm still using my ps3. I'll definitively buy this. Agree with the above grid 2 was sh*t.

172, Focus
Cheers bud, I'll look into race 07.

I find it strange that no one ever mentions toca world touring cars on ps1, that was pretty good too.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Loved the original GRID, spent hours and hours on Touring Cars online!
Probably the most fun I've had in an online game.

2 was a little disappointing IMO, failed to keep me entertained like the first.

This looks good though. Anyone wanting it on PC I would recommend CDKeys, just bought my copy for £16!

Loved the original GRID, spent hours and hours on Touring Cars online!
Probably the most fun I've had in an online game.

2 was a little disappointing IMO, failed to keep me entertained like the first.

This looks good though. Anyone wanting it on PC I would recommend CDKeys, just bought my copy for £16!

Exactly what I had planned haha ;)

Cant fault them, got Watch_Dogs for £22 iirc, and i got the code a day early!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe that this is on last gen and pc only.
I was extremely disappointed with Grid 2. Don't think I'll buy this for my ps3. I imagine it'll be ported over soon enough!

Quick vid of my impeccable driving skills :rasp:

Quite liking it atm, playing on hard with an Xbox 360 controller. I heard that it supports wheels etc so i shall be testing out my G27 on it soon. The graphics are great, and the AI is alot better than Grid 2 imo.

Couple of screenshots showing (hopefully) the quality.

Running on Ultra, 1080p. Close up im abit disappointed tbh, only because it seems like a step back from Grid 2. Obviously you wont notice in a race, but when you view vehicles & tune them etc, you can see it alot clearer.

uw93l5N.jpg

wlrugTN.jpg

mj48mjD.jpg

I only played one full race and got bored with it. The graphics are average, (below average for a new game), but every car I tried I found to just drift everywhere. Maybe it was just me but it just felt rubbish to drive in.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I only played one full race and got bored with it. The graphics are average, (below average for a new game), but every car I tried I found to just drift everywhere. Maybe it was just me but it just felt rubbish to drive in.

I couldn't even manage to finish one race. The cars feel like they're floating and as you say they seem to drift all the time.

RS Clio 182
Its ironic that right at the end of the PS3 life cycle the best racing game by far comes out - just picked this up yesterday....the actual racing is superb. The best AI ive come across - feels like youre driving against human players. The AI battle each other aswell...i saw a car roll out ahead of me from going too wide. Hugely recommended if anyone is annoyed by the Project Cars delay.