ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GPU Upgrade

Not a 320d
Sorry for yet another thread. Really want to get the best answer here and not many people trawl through threads. Just bought a new monitor and want to upgrade the gpu, not a major step up, but one thatll last me a year or two as the 5870 struggles with bigger resolutions.

Currently have....(note the PSU!!)

i5 750 4GHz
Gigabyte P55 UD5
8GB DDR3 Dual Ripjaws
700watt Corsair PSU

1x Radeon 5870

I was thinking about adding another 5870, but thats ~£200, and for about £250 I can have a single GTX580, a card which almost performs to the level of two 5870's.

I was thinking about getting two 580's, more money than I wanted to pay, but if its worthwhile as an upgrade I will go for it. is there anything else I should consider?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The GTX580 is a great all-rounder card. You can get away with a GTX590, i7 system running on a 750w PSU - so whacking a single 580 in there should be ok.

D.

220 Trophy
I’ve just double checked, but I don’t think you’ll get a 580 for £200, the 570’s are around £250 and the 580’s are around £350+. I’m running two 570's and they perform fantastically. Would recommend getting a single 570 if you can afford it and you’d have the option to get another when funds allow.