ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got remap but need answers!

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
got my car remaped today ive got a cat back janspeed and an itg panel filter i felt a diffrence mid range it picked up alot beter, but my mate who has a 182 we have had a wee blast before from 50 to 140 n we sat side by side but i got my map tonite tried it again and there was no diffence! i didnt expect to be much i know that before the smart asses cum in and say that but i expected to have a wee edge on him? just wondering if any1 has an answer to my question

Thanks

The remap won't make much different unless you' got some more air in and an exhaust and panel filter don't do much.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
How much fuel did you each have in?

The map won't make that much differnece on it's own, the mid range will be stronger but you won't be driving past everyone with the map, exhaust and filter as Edde said.

I have inlets, a sports cat and bit of weight loss on top of your mods and my 172 will pass and 172 and 182.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
i had not alot of fuel in it at all lol nearly on the last bar ! wat weight loss u got? what do u mean by the fuel?

decat maybe?? would that help the remap?

Who did the remap?

The term remap is miss used often on here and in advertising

The maps of the car are what the ECU uses to know how much fuel etc to pour in if you have cams and head work them you need more fuel than a stock engine so a set of maps for a car with cams won't be right for a car without. Also engine have to run fiuxed amounts of air to fuel you stick some extra air in via removing the intake resitiction or exhaust restriction and you need the maps to represent this and put more fule in. Maps should be written for the car and the amount of air its breathing stick a remap on a car and then cam it and the reamps usless as it was a remap for the time the car was modified (thats assuming were on about a custom remap an off the shelf ones are oftee just maps written for one 172 or 182 whihc have an exhaust and inductionmkit and are made for that sort of carthere not perfect for your exact car).

Stock 182 cat is very good IMO leave it get the intake manifold reworked instead.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
It's about £175 exchange IIRC. There's much debate about the effectiveness but my car has the inlets and sports cat' above and beyond yours. Some people say that neither of those mods will add any performance but my car has been quicker than a 182 and yours is the same as the 182 you went up against. The difference is in there somewher, I would say the inlets are the key. Just ignore whatever Ja.Jack says.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Inlets and re-maps are wonderful, everyone should get them.
LOL. If only the boy had done a search?!

Tuning is always a waste of money, some wastes more than others. You must have had a particularly poor result from your setup though Jimmy. I reckon the Group N could be the culprit but the gains would be nominal if it was a top performer.

Balls to Clios, get a turbo and chip the spare cash off of your mortgage.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
god its soo annoying my mate got a full dc sports rig out for his civic type r manifold aem filter and full system for 995 and is pushing 198 bhp at the wheels and on a road where i get 125-130 he gets 150 odd wat should we have got now ehh boys :p

cup 182 mit stripes
Keep buying the goodies lads, the tuners have to eat, just like the buzzards and the worms. lol

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Keep buying the goodies lads, the tuners have to eat, just like the buzzards and the worms. lol
I have to say, you make me laugh, inadvertently though ;)

Don't worry about these Civic boys, none of them know how to use the right pedal anyway.

The best mod' by far is weight loss. A reduction in unsprung mass is worth up to 10x the saving in sprung mass dependent on your school of thought ie. a saving of 1 kg per wheel would equate to a 40kg saving in car.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
all the ctr drivers down my way love a race and usualy come out on top!! crazy a love ma clio but tonites just drove me to my beloved dc2 integra type r even more! so wat do u recomend for weight lose? back seats, ashtray interior light bulb lol

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
all the ctr drivers down my way love a race and usualy come out on top!! crazy a love ma clio but tonites just drove me to my beloved dc2 integra type r even more! so wat do u recomend for weight lose? back seats, ashtray interior light bulb lol
I've yet to come across a Civic driver who wasn't taught to drive by his great grand pappy. And DC2's have never proved to be any more than an equal to my 172, a DC5 would be a different story though.

Look at wheels mate for weight loss. There is a love hate relationship with Turinis but their nominal weight loss in isolation counts for a big chunk when bolted up.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
yeah mate will wheels really make a diffrence anno that 17 inch wheels would slow ya down but the standard ones are 16's n a hadnt planned on changing. ahh stuff it who cares still got a nippy wee car that looks good gna lower her next week and that is the end of the modding stuff coz at the end of the day who really cares all they do is get solled or wrote of :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Did she kill her dad or something as equally ridiculous?

You summed her up from memory there Jim. Her brother is a big chap though. Ryan Hudson of Huddersfield Giants claim.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
yeah mate will wheels really make a diffrence anno that 17 inch wheels would slow ya down but the standard ones are 16's n a hadnt planned on changing. ahh stuff it who cares still got a nippy wee car that looks good gna lower her next week and that is the end of the modding stuff coz at the end of the day who really cares all they do is get solled or wrote of :)
Bang 1.2 badges on it and leave it there.

willy 2
I've yet to come across a Civic driver who wasn't taught to drive by his great grand pappy. And DC2's have never proved to be any more than an equal to my 172, a DC5 would be a different story though.

Look at wheels mate for weight loss. There is a love hate relationship with Turinis but their nominal weight loss in isolation counts for a big chunk when bolted up.

whats so special about a dc5, mine was nearly 2 secs slower round brands than when i had the good old dc2:(