ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got hit by a cyclist today..

RS6 C7
I hate cyclists with a passion, Not all just most.

We live down a single track country lane, Our house is a good 2 miles off a normal road and most days i end up getting stuck behind cyclists, They ride in the middle of the road at a slow pace so i end up following them for a good mile before i can pass, They could easily move over to one side to let people past but most don't.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
You want the dent fixed asap, so the best you can do is pay for it yourself, and hope he pays up upon proof of receipt.

Or you can wait, get a quote, give it to him and get him to pay the bodyshop, that way he won't feel like you're scamming him.

Yeah I might just do the latter... give him some peace of mind too...

Yeah I might just do the latter... give him some peace of mind too...

Yeah exactly, he can always come and see the work, send him photos, just come across as not trying to get something for nothing.

He was good enough to give you his (real) details, so I would be shocked if he was funny about sorting the dent out (unless it's silly expensive!)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Personally:

Phone him up, explain that his cover is only third party and doesn't cover the damage to your car.

Ask nicely if he is willing to pay for the damage he's done.

Make it clear you'll get a few quotes and go with the best one as you're not trying to con him out of anything, just trying to get your car back to how it was.

If he gets nasty, which it doesn't sound like he will, deal with it then.

Well he didn't do it out of spite, so i don't think that will work! lol

yeh i know that but there must be something, he damaged your car. why should you have to pay.. regardless of whether he's hurt his shoulder, not really your problem is it.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Surely your Autobot can just scan another vehical and get rid of the dent? whilst its at it, get it to scan a clio 200 :p Im suprised it didnt transform and slap the cyclist silly when he hit it tbh, decepticons wouldnt stand for that s**t lol

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Surely your Autobot can just scan another vehical and get rid of the dent? whilst its at it, get it to scan a clio 200 :p Im suprised it didnt transform and slap the cyclist silly when he hit it tbh, decepticons wouldnt stand for that s**t lol

Lol I think ...

172 Cup
Yeah I want to stay civil and diplomatic through the matter, don't want to rub him the wrong way and not get my way... so going to take my time in this... but at the same time i want the dent fixed ASAP!

Looking at the dent, try calling the guys at Elite Car Care in Maidenhead, their PDR guy would probably have that out no problem. I've seen them fix much worse looking dents than that.
A bit of a bonus is that they aren't too expensive so if the cyclist doesn't pay up, you won't be so much out of pocket.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Finally car has been fixed and all paid for by the British Cycling Federation =))

Happy days!!

Even fixed the scuff from when i reversed into my own house wall!! =)))

534434_603531289157_1853537879_n.jpg

534452_603555021597_623047448_n.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
So yeah, my car was fixed and i was super duper happy with it, picked it up, and it was smooth and shiny! but today i looked at it, in a different light and i could see sort of where the dent was originally..... like a little shadow... this shouldn't happen right??????