ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ghm's LY 182

:smile: :tongueout: really can't see me selling this, the smiles per mile is just insane. Took to Knockhill (didn't go on track) yesterday and on the b roads there, it just comes alive - seriously didn't want to stop driving.

Had some colourful clio friends turn up when I returned to the car though:

25636362390_8077a6863d_c.jpg

Looks great! Read your front wheels are spaced 20m are you running any camber? does it scrub at all?
Yeah. 20mm running around 1.5 camber IRRC
Thats one thing I forgot to mention to you George, don't fit 205 tyres to front as they'll scrub.
I had 205s and switched to 195 to avoid scrubbing on lock. Worked a treat.

Recaros. Excite!
Love this thread. So nice to see you/the car getting out and about to shows etc [emoji41]

Reactions: Ghm
Amazing Dan, interesting info that. Getting asked it a lot.

Really need Recaros, cause i'm on the taller side and I guess... They look pretty good as well (just trying to justify them :0 )

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Amazing Dan, interesting info that. Getting asked it a lot.

Really need Recaros, cause i'm on the taller side and I guess... They look pretty good as well (just trying to justify them :0 )
If you are tall then get the @JON FOZ low mounts. Im 6'1" and they are superb.

FF Racing Blue 182
Yeah. 20mm running around 1.5 camber IRRC
Thats one thing I forgot to mention to you George, don't fit 205 tyres to front as they'll scrub.
I had 205s and switched to 195 to avoid scrubbing on lock. Worked a treat.

Recaros. Excite!
Love this thread. So nice to see you/the car getting out and about to shows etc [emoji41]

20mm all round is that?

FF Racing Blue 182
Nice motor George. Keep the originals as they look miles better. Hopefully get a proper nosey at it 1 day.

Looking....
I've seen this car a few time when Dan owned it and know how much time, effort and money he put into it. Was shocked when I found out it was going but good to see its gone to a good home.
Recaros for the win :up:

Not all my updates are going to be positive i'm afraid. For the first time in my 10 years driving I have kerbed a wheel (not the end of the world I know) but what makes it even more frustrating was I just got them powder coated a matter of weeks ago. As these things are it was so avoidable, really could have punched myself in the face if no one was about - seriously raging. :rage::rage:Will just need to get this one done again in the hope they don't need to do anymore (possibly come out a different a shade to the rest?) Not had time to fit the recaros this weekend either, so it's not been the best Bank Holiday in all honesty. :cry:

26026203001_23d452d5c5_c.jpg

Oh no. My heart sank when I read the first line.... Thought oh no the cars broken down!
Thankfully it's just a kerbed alloy, but that's a good job you done on it! Must be gutted.

Looking forward to the Recaros. You fitting trendline or a track style set?

Reactions: Ghm
Oh no. My heart sank when I read the first line.... Thought oh no the cars broken down!
Thankfully it's just a kerbed alloy, but that's a good job you done on it! Must be gutted.

Looking forward to the Recaros. You fitting trendline or a track style set?

Wow done a good job on that wheel lol

Easily fixable though and usuable still

Lol sorry Dan, I thought you mind have gotten worried after the first sentence - my bad. :smile::smiley: Car is superb in every way except the driver, took for a little run today as the weather is nice - didn't miss a beat as usual around the local B roads.

Very true sj, it's really not as bad as the picture is portraying but bad enough - that's a very close shot. It's almost not that noticeable if you know what I mean but booked in for this week for that wheel. :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
:smile: :tongueout: really can't see me selling this, the smiles per mile is just insane. Took to Knockhill (didn't go on track) yesterday and on the b roads there, it just comes alive - seriously didn't want to stop driving.

Had some colourful clio friends turn up when I returned to the car though:

25636362390_8077a6863d_c.jpg
Wished I had come up now, the line up looks like it was very interesting :up: car is looking great as ever mate

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Looks a lovely motor, and a credit to you for putting your own stamp on it so quickly.

You know what I think would look awesome...... some 172 xenons, not the 182 ones. A little darker to contrast such a bright colour.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@Ghm I don't suppose you have dans old air filter set up by any chance do you? Would be happy to buy it from yourself if so :up:
Loved this car, was the only 182 that gave my cammed iceberg a run for it's money back in the day...also had the oppertunity to buy it but couldn't come up with the funds intime. If you ever want to sell the car ;)

Looks a lovely motor, and a credit to you for putting your own stamp on it so quickly.

You know what I think would look awesome...... some 172 xenons, not the 182 ones. A little darker to contrast such a bright colour.

Thanks Cookson, really appreciate it but yes looking at the image from Knockhill again and that flamer, you're on to something there mate.

@Ghm I don't suppose you have dans old air filter set up by any chance do you? Would be happy to buy it from yourself if so :up:
Loved this car, was the only 182 that gave my cammed iceberg a run for it's money back in the day...also had the oppertunity to buy it but couldn't come up with the funds intime. If you ever want to sell the car :wink:

Hehe, it's so responsive this 182 - miles ahead of my last AB so that doesn't sound surprising. I still have the Fatty style induction set up, yes. I will fire over some images of it via PM.

Got the wheel I messed up powder coated again and whilst there asked them to fit the Recaros (really struggling for time as of recently.) The drivers seat has one or two little marks but, doesnt bother me too much as it's a vast improvement over standard. :)

25581242704_874cc859df_c.jpg

Washed the Recaro's last weekend, but more importantly added some Recaro decals in yellow - properly not to everyones taste but I may change to white decals to keep it more original.

26294505355_b37897d83c_c.jpg

26294500705_0284224ccd_c.jpg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Car looks great

I had the white version of those stickers on mine for about 2 weeks. Personally I prefer them without.