ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s 1996 Mazda RX7 FD3S Efini (JDM & Rotary Content)

Edition 30
I said reverse lights, you just mis-read.

Still chav. Why the f**k would you put blue bulbs in?

Soldering? Haven't done that since the 106 had wiring issues!

BMW M135i
Make sure you put the convertor in the right place to take the 180k limiter "off". Unless ecu upgrades will negate this?

I'll be wiring it up as per the RX7 specific instructions that came with it. If that fails to lift the limiter, my Power FC will, as does just cutting the limiter wire ;)

Nope, no plate for it yet. The DVLA can suck my knacker sack TBH, the useless halfwits.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
speedo converter screws on to 2 posts on the back of the speedo you cut one wire and join it in... the power fc will remove the limiter like you said and it takes 2 mins to connect it in and stick it back on base map then you are good to go :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's one hell of an offer from Malice there, what a chap.

Looks like an awesome car TBH, with 90% of second hand cars there is some tidying needed, given that you'll want this mint, I don't think a bit of wiring is a big problem!

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Wow that wiring looks as bad as my rear lights on the Clio! Damn it Dad your meant to be an electrician! Loving the car mate!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That wiring looks like a telephone exchange tbh.

If it was mine i'd have it on fire in around 3 minutes.

It's daunting until you sit and have a good look at it.

Wired up a km/h to mph converter today, it's one of SVAspeedo's units. Haven't tested it yet but it should work...

eb1421a6.jpg

03504341.jpg

Also a package finally made it's way home from the parent's business, so I promptly fitted one of the items from it...

1c581003.jpg

Need to make a bracket for the top filter though, as the 2 filters are touching...
be5a7570.jpg

They're a bit grubby but I'll get some new elements once I'm up and running. Also found this, a sender for a coolant gauge...
65eff03c.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Lol u make me laugh pretty sure you said that you were gonna keep it stock! Air filters and power FC hardly stock lol, next with be fuelling setup, inter cooler, single turbo new clutch, full 4" exhaust and 500bhp lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
On a side note if u want to sell that sender and it's the one I think it is it should be a greddy one and mine is bust....

And from a pic up there u already have the 99spec y pipe and crossover :)

Get a air pump removal kit and an under drive pully with shorter belt, the air pump saps power, and with it fitted with those filters... The car will now moo when u rev and let off lol

TBH mate I can't be bothered removing it, finding a plug the correct thread, then re-bleeding the cooling system.

Stock looking, with a bit of power and brakes/suspension sorted. It's not my fault the Mazda ECU is so s**t that you NEED an PFC to do anything ;) I'll only single turbo it if the turbos pop and I can afford to at the time.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Dm motorsports are doing a twin turbo upgrade, they use the stock manifold and bolt on 2 gt28rs.... Should make 450 Ish... But that's about it, however the power delivery will be mental!

Did you sell the storage boxes? I hope you got decent money they are worth a lot!

Would seriously recommend a air pump removal with the blanking plates, remove the egr also, and a couple other bits off the upper inlet mani, if you have enough time, remove the double throttle in the uim too... Will give you a good performance boost!

Dm motorsports are doing a twin turbo upgrade, they use the stock manifold and bolt on 2 gt28rs.... Should make 450 Ish... But that's about it, however the power delivery will be mental!

Did you sell the storage boxes? I hope you got decent money they are worth a lot!

Would seriously recommend a air pump removal with the blanking plates, remove the egr also, and a couple other bits off the upper inlet mani, if you have enough time, remove the double throttle in the uim too... Will give you a good performance boost!

LOL at only 450ish, more than enough.

What storage boxes?!

When I decat it I'll remove the air pump. It'll be off the road in winter so I can rip all that unneeded s**t out.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Didn't ou swap the storage boxes behind front seats for rear seats?? Or am I thinking of someone else???

Off road for winter?? You have spring, summer and autumn first!!! Removal and decat and fitting plate kits will only take you an hour or 2 lol

Starting April 1st I'm working 12 days on, 2 off, 12 nights on, 2 off, repeat until the end of September. The car will be lucky if it gets washed yet alone anything else. So I don't have spring and summer. I'll sort the air pump out with a decat, the rest can wait.

Not me, must be somebody else.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
When u remove air pump and do decat, u need a bigger warerpump pulley, bigger alt pully, shorter belt, and a few blanking plates...

Other option is to keep stock pulleys and get a dm Motorsport air pump delete pully... Both have pro's and cons.... Or you can run both... Which is prob the best option...

Smallish update, it's now road legal :D

Only problem is, it's not drivable for another reason now. I had fitted an Apexi Power FC, which had been mapped for a single turbo. I wiped the data off it, had some idling problems which I resolved, and took it for a spin. It started flashing the exhaust temp light, which is a sign of knocking I believe. That coupled with the fact it wouldn't rev past 6000 rpm made me crawl home and leave it be. I'll have to put it back on the standard ECU, but not knowing the full engine spec it's not even worth risking to use hard, so basically it's now a toy I can't actually use properly.

29a2e792.jpg

On the upside, I finally sorted a stereo out. On the downside, I pulled the aerial connector clean off the car by trying to get a bit more cable out from behind the dash. Hopefully the one out of my Nissan will fit.

I also had an alarm installed today to keep the insurers from crying. Couldn't get the central locking installed due to it being cable operated rather than by a link rod, so that's postponed for another day. I also found this pearler behind the door card whilst the installer had it off...

31a1a774.jpg

It seems the previous owner liked their speakers so much they kept them.

The list of work grows ever larger, my patience wears thinner, and I'm starting to rue the day I ever thought about buying an imported RX7.

Erm, pass. Problem I have ATM is decent time to work on the car is scarce, that's not going to get any better with work and I'm doing 6 months of practically living there.

It's a nice ornament though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's a bit duff. Do you have the standard ECU? Has it been a single in Japan then?

I'll pop up and PC it for you FOC if you like... when it's more than an ornament.

Yeah I have the standard ECU, but with no actual knowledge of what has and hasn't been done to it in Japan I daren't do more than pootle around in it if you know what I mean. I had a poke around the bay and there's some red ignition leads, and a braided line which I think is for the oil metering pump, a redundant aftermarket coolant sensor and there was a foam panel filter in the airbox, so who knows what else has been fitted

No the PFC was fitted to a single turbo car here, I think the map has been locked, as it should have reset to the standard map but it doesn't seem to have.

It might be beyond PC'ing, I buzzed a square of the roof with the DAS and it brought some gloss and took the buffer trails away, but there's a load of RDS in there.

Saying that, somebody who actually enjoys polishing a car might do a better job. My halfarsed approach to polishing is far from ideal, I just slapped something of a medium-ish cut on and had a look see.

Listerine & Poledo
Good god, you've really got a never-ending list of grief with that thing.

At least it'll be 100% mint by the time you've finished though!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Check the injector sizes in the injector menu, if it's 550 and 850 u should be fine dude... All data init will wipe the map even if it's locked I would think....