ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s 1996 Mazda RX7 FD3S Efini (JDM & Rotary Content)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I hope you get it sorted soon mate.Even though you will be living at work.I just hope its not too long.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Malice just LOL what a tard. Go w**k your self into a coma over some pictures of an RX7

CBR1K, F21 125D
Sounds fine, just get the c**t box running right only a few £. Then drive it instead of worrying about ze stanzez and pops and bangs.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
It's far from a bag of s**t you r****d! Gaz has showna hand full of pics from the problems he has had. So how from a bunch of wires can you determine that?

Because I don't think there is a need for you to talk the way you are dickhead!

You have seen pictures of a couple problems.... As for Japan being anal LOL shuttup, u clearly haven't seen many imports! Wiring on jap cars is some of the worst! Especially when people put aftermarket stuff on them!

You can tell a car has been clocked by looking at pics.... f**k me you better go join the police and save the world from clocked cars with your skills. Depends on what the speakers were, if they were the Bose upgrade they are pap and are mounted to plastic door pods and don't come out, the stock speakers are made of actual paper and are a b**ch it get out of the pods.... Much easier to just remove the lot.
Guy who imported it brings in around 10-15 rx7's a year normally to strip and break, if he didn't break this one it was because it was too good, he imported a re Amemiya demo car and broke it when it was easily one of the best rx7's in the country... I also know him personally and he wouldn't sell a dodgy rx7 as it would ruin his business....[/QUOTE]

I'd hate to see the ones he breaks........

Either way, we arent helping Gaz.

Have you made "Jit" aware of all these issues? Is he an actual garage or just does it on the side?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Lets try and calrify something.

Was the car running right on the standard ECU?

If so then the only reason the running issues has come up is beacause of fitting a second hand PFC with the wrong map on it.

Also it was already mentioned that there were parts that had been removed from the car prior to import, so imo it was pretty obvious the wiring was not going to be as it should be.

U can return the ecu to a stock map apexi provide... Which gaz has tried and it is having a problem... I'm not getting defensive, people are saying its a bag of s**t because someone has left a load of wires tangled up and removed the speakers lol....

IMG_5263-900x600.gif

E36 M3. 182
/\ Fcuking love that angle on these. Any pics of the front?? Might be OT, but could be claimed as 'inspiration'......

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Si, that is p**n no good for me a work though, clio get stuck on a couple of the bumps n their small :S

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
OEM ones look soo much better than modified ones!

I think i want one.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
For the value of the Indy I think I could make a pretty tidy one.

I want a silver one!

Yeah. Just a shame it needs the brakes sorting (I thought they weren't great on the test drive, but leant on them today and it confirmed they are shocking!) and a decent alignment, it's FAR too twitchy for my liking. There may also be a ball joint or track rod end on it's way out, feels a bit like it wants to do it's own thing a lot with the camber/tramlines etc in the road.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Love the pics on the last page such nice curves on the rx-7.

Shitter to hear about these little niggles but im sure it will all get sorted and will be well worth while.

Not done much really, lost all interest.

I bought a flare, which falls out of it's holder all the time. So I need one of those panels as that's shagged.
5dae49ad.jpg

I bought some steel internal drive nuts, because it needed some new ones.
188a1652.jpg

I also sorted out a stock strut brace, so fitted that this morning.
1c709f26.jpg

Then I drove over to AET Motorsport in Normanton where a good mate works, and we got it on their hub dyno to see what the crack is. The crack is this...
BHPvsTorque.jpg

AFRvsBoost.jpg

Misfiring from around 5750rpm, that'll probably be why the Apexi Power FC went off it's tits around 6k. It's blowing out the spark on boost, so plugs, leads or coils. Fun times.

To cheer myself up I went over to Leeds and fitted my Regas. 18x9.5 ET18 all round. I'd lower it more as it needs it, but it turns out the front suspension is actually some "Potenza" shocks and springs, it's just the rears that are Tein coilovers. So that was that idea shagged, and also goes some way to explaining the bad ride.
9b1d32cc.jpg

Rears still need spacing out, 15mm should suffice.
c56e9575.jpg

Feels a bit better on the brakes and to drive now with properly balanced wheels and tyres that are somewhat more compliant than the Jap market stuff that were on it. Brakes are still shagged and it still wants a good alignment/ball joints or tie rod ends changing. And it needs the misfire sorting. Oh and the horn, rear fog, speakers, aerial, polishing, coilovers, misfire etc. Bloody cars.

This isn't proving to be as straight forward as you'd hoped. Fingers crossed you get all the dramas resolved and can get on with enjoying it and adding the finishing touches.

Just done the resistance check on my coils...

Leading: A-B = 0.6 Ohm (Tolerance = below 1 Ohm)
L1 - L2 = 13 kOhm (Tolerance = 9.6 - 16 kOhm)

Trailing 1: A-B = 0.7 Ohm (Tolerance = below 1 Ohm)
A-T1 = Infinity (Must read Infinity)

Trailing 2: A-B = 0.7 Ohm (Tolerance = below 1 Ohm)
A-T2 = Infinity (Must read Infinity)

So it appears my coils are within spec, nice and clean on the HT connections too so haven't been arcing.

Next potential culprits are the leads. They're Nology ones, but have had to be ziptied to the coils. Makes me think they don't fit properly, possibly the cause of the misfire. Also need to tear my way into the engine to get at the spark plugs.