ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Horizon

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah would be a nice addition.

Been playing loads of tag on FM4 lately getting some practice in for Horizon ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Snap. I'm just hoping it feels like FM4 on the road.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep, same here.

The phrase 'Action Driving Game' that they keep bleating on about has worried me.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I think it'll be fine, so long as you're not made to do daft things like ram signs, etc. Also hoping you can remove some of the HUD items, like the pop-up scores.

I'm just looking forward to 8 of us in caged mini's on a rally stage :eek:

Some of the revealed events look quite cool actually. One where you have to do a photoshoot of a Muira in front of particular objects.

Clio 1.2 16V
Just had a quick play,the challenge at start of the demo is pretty cool! Plays great especially weaving through traffic :p

Great soundtrack too!

I must have missed this, but no Porsche again? I thought they had sorted that out with EA/Porsche.

Also, longtail F1 GT but no standard car, for a road-based driving game. Weird.

Ph 1 172
got to say i am really enjoying it dont understand the point of earning credits on the demo though cant find anywhere to spend them... maybe they carry over into the actual game.

although one thing i would say there is definatly a difference in handling betwenn this and forza 4, forza 4 is much more snappy and with rear wheel drive cars and seems to have less of a turn in meaning you have to think about the corner a bit more. still very good though really looking forward to the game name.

love the speed camera's as well and the average spec cameras.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
78% downloaded now.

Fingers crossed it's ok.

I trust your review more than the random websites I've been on, purely as we're both after the same thing!

I must have missed this, but no Porsche again? I thought they had sorted that out with EA/Porsche.

We'll probably see a expansion pack in 6 months time available for half the games value. As T10 are pricks. Lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I don't like it.

It plays like NFS with more sluggish controls. No manual with clutch option either.

Gonna give it time, but it's like Forza for kids.

One of the Devs said manual + clutch is in there. Unless only on the full game? Either way if the handling is as bad as you say then I'm going to be disappointed when I get home and fire it up.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My mistake, manual + clutch is in there. Warming to it now, but it's definitely NOT Forza 4 on the roads.

It's not an arcade racer either. It's somewhere in between.

Not bowled over but it'll be fun with everyone online.

Evo 5 RS
Exactly, I bashed someone else over that recently. "This is a demo and does not represent the quality of the final product"

Unless you're living in 1998 demos are a waste of time.

Is there not a possibility that the demo is just a little "clumsy" and still has a few things to be tweaked?

Or will things like the physics be 100% done by now?

Could be a number of things, they've said "no tuning" in horizon so if that rules out any adjustments I don't know. Possibly some slightly doctored handling for the demo by the devs?

In the Forza 4 Demo the cup cars were tuned/set up to an extent and the fresh out of the box cup cars in the full game didn't drive the same so possibly a similar tactic employed to this?

Evo 5 RS
I think Chris is probably not wrong in this case tbh, there was no chance it would feel the same. Forza 4 worked for many reasons, and choosing to chop the frame rate in favour of otherwise IMO was a massive fail.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If this isn't the final build, I'm tall.

Shame.

I'm warming to it though! It'll be lots of fun online. But the physics are NOT FM4. I'd say 50% FM4.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yeah, had a look at the FM Forum and 90% of people seem to be saying the same thing.

I'll download it tonight and see how I feel.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Well that's not what I wanted to hear :(

Downloading now so shall see for myself soon, It'll never beat FM4 purely for the fact there's no tuning imo.

As mentioned though it should be a right laugh multilayer and no doubt I will waste many hours playing it.

Still the best free roam game of all time though I hope.

Edit- Does it feel more like FM3? I had a feeling they might dumb it down a little with the sim steering.

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nope. FM3 is still way more realistic. Lol.

FM3 was FM4 without the Sim steering, pretty much.

It's a fun game to play, Horizon... just not a realistic one.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
What I expected tbh, will give it a go tonight but I'm still 50/50 as to whether I'll actually buy it.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Could be a number of things, they've said "no tuning" in horizon so if that rules out any adjustments I don't know. Possibly some slightly doctored handling for the demo by the devs?

In the Forza 4 Demo the cup cars were tuned/set up to an extent and the fresh out of the box cup cars in the full game didn't drive the same so possibly a similar tactic employed to this?

Wouldn't surprise me if they've tuned the demo purely for casual players

Still keeping my pre-order \o/

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Might have a point there mate. I remember playing the demo for Forza 3 and could barely get the arse to kick out in a Ferrari California.

But judging by what others have said the game feels more Grid than Forza.