ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

Cupra
This actually looks good enough to tempt me to buy a 360! Will give it to my son as his 3rd birthday present. :D

Nippy white cup
Is it just me or is the engine noise on the GT40 even better than on FM2? The noise change when he backs of the throttle is amazing.....I.....can't....wait!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Just read the whole thread and still can't establish when it's going to be released?! This year? Next year?

Lee

BMW M2C
As usual with E3, one of the lads here has downloaded hi res versions of every game shown, along with all the conferences, and dumped them on the network. I've just been going through them, including the Forza 3 ones of course.

I don't know where to start to be honest. I'll just say one things: WIN.

I might have to do the 3 screen thing again. I tried it with 2 a couple of times.

Homo spec mazda
Is it just me or does the handling look arcadey, atleast on the E3 demo's, people braking very late and mid corner and getting away with it.

Is it just me or does the handling look arcadey, atleast on the E3 demo's, people braking very late and mid corner and getting away with it.

I would imagine they've got it set with loads of assists on etc as based on the standard of driving by all the people trying it out if you had it set to sim they'd not even get off the start line without lighting the tyres up and spinning off.

As usual with E3, one of the lads here has downloaded hi res versions of every game shown, along with all the conferences, and dumped them on the network. I've just been going through them, including the Forza 3 ones of course.

I don't know where to start to be honest. I'll just say one things: WIN.

I might have to do the 3 screen thing again. I tried it with 2 a couple of times.

Anything new amongst them? If so is there any chance of a vimeo or YT upload and post or is it stuff tied into E3 NDA's ?

Lee

BMW M2C
I would imagine they've got it set with loads of assists on etc as based on the standard of driving by all the people trying it out if you had it set to sim they'd not even get off the start line without lighting the tyres up and spinning off.

You can see they're on in some of the vids. ABS often cuts in on one of them.

It's just the stuff he's downloaded from the sites he's a member of. You can just get the higher res stuff that way. There's nothing that's not already been posted in this thread. I don't think you've missed a thing so far. lol

Si

RS Clio 172
I just want a stable internet connection so I can play, too :dapprove:

stop making excuses for your inability to play the game. I regularly play forza on line with my cup-on-string style connection speeds.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I hope the gameplay videos are from a very toned down version of the game as I'd be surprised if that Ferrari would simply have driven away from a crash like that. It's great that it has damage modelling but crap if there is no real feeling of weight behind any impact.

I hope the gameplay videos are from a very toned down version of the game as I'd be surprised if that Ferrari would simply have driven away from a crash like that. It's great that it has damage modelling but crap if there is no real feeling of weight behind any impact.

Most likely it's setup for gimps, as already said. Forza 2 excels at giving the feeling of traction, weight, balance & impact. Basically everything that GT5 doesn't offer (yes, I want to compare). There's no reason to think Forza 3 will be any different :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm hoping that is the case as Forza 2 was excellent, the videos did worry me slightly but I'm sure they'll not have taken a backwards step and over simplified the game physics.

All I need to do now is decide which 360 hardware version to buy.

I think there's been some initial panic from alot of people giving it "oh noes they've made it NFS" if you watch the clips the one with the R8, and the E92 drifting at the end says in game footage. The clips with all the stunts is clearly a prerendered glossy show stopper, a bit like the trailer you get with the cars racing on sebring on Forza 2 before you press A.

T10 have made a big deal about saying they want this game to be accessable to noobs and that there are a number of new features they've brought in to do so, while reassuring the hardcore fans that the physics have not been ruined to do so. Like I say I suspect all the the clips appearing now from E3 are with the demo set up with most or all of the features they brought in switched on.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
This looks staggeringly good. The usual suspects, i know, are thinking the same.

I've not looked forward to a game as much as this for ages.

I'm still hyped about (depending on what cars and tracks are in the new game) some initial D style sunday nights hammering round mountain passes or down touge runs. Epic!