ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lol, it's not NFS although on some of the cars in FM2 there were some questionable looking bodykits available.

Indeed. You could change the alloys and shizzle, too.

Is there some sort of time travel device we can use to check this game out in full? I'm up for a group buy.

Forza 2 was immense, but had some flawed issued. Forza 3 looks epic.

IGN preview.
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/989/989276p1.html

another pic
snp1.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
But then there's also the new rewind functionality, which enables you to jump back five seconds in time to erase your mistakes. This isn't a feature new to racing games. Codemasters' Grid showcased a similar feature. But in Forza 3, it's more welcome. In Grid it was an "oops, I screwed up" button. And sure, I used it as a mulligan for when I slid out and slammed into a median. But really, the rewind function is going to be a learning tool because Forza 3 is all about the subtleties of accelerating and braking. And each car reacts differently, even if it's just in subtle ways. As a practice tool, rewinding is going to help you learn the right speed for a turn.

Interesting.

lol, if it's like the current menu system in Forza2 then it's representative of the car models if nothing else.

Yeah it looks good. I'm just saying that you shouldn't expect anything quite like that image in game. It's too high resolution. Albeit 720, but IMO scaled down and resampled from a high res render. Anyway, I'm splitting hairs. As long as it plays good, looks good and runs at 60fps I'm in.

Not as if I've not posted enough links with all the info is it. Do people need to be spoon fed everything 15 times before it sinks in ?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The in-car view on Forza 3 does look impressive. I'm hoping you can use the analogue stick to look around the cabin etc. Will make for some pretty interesting "I was looking at the stereo" cartwheeling moments.

Trust me having seen the accidents that have happened as a result of simply trying to negotiate the first couple of corners on the ring you don't really need any more distractions for certain people lol.

Octy VRS
I hated the in car view on GT5P. You sit on the wrong f**king side which is pretty off putting.

I just hope they haven't cut back on the important things like physics and performance, in the search for making it look all pwetty.

It needs Oulton Park to be complete...

A ANIMAL
Trust me having seen the accidents that have happened as a result of simply trying to negotiate the first couple of corners on the ring you don't really need any more distractions for certain people lol.

Lol, not when 8 people try and pile into the corners at once

Cold tyres at the start of a race = first corner pile up when you've got 3 or 4 people who are "optomistic" with their braking points.

Alex, all the info I've read Landin and the likes have catagorically reassured people that Forza is not going arcade and that the physics have not turned into NFS/PGR they are going to be as realistic as possible so a tweek/evolution of the current engine. All they've done is improved some of the driver aids for occasional players who cant cope with the Sim nature of Forza 2

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cold tyres at the start of a race = first corner pile up when you've got 3 or 4 people who are "optomistic" with their braking points.

Alex, all the info I've read Landin and the likes have catagorically reassured people that Forza is not going arcade and that the physics have not turned into NFS/PGR they are going to be as realistic as possible so a tweek/evolution of the current engine. All they've done is improved some of the driver aids for occasional players who cant cope with the Sim nature of Forza 2

Optimistic: See also: Clueless. :dapprove:

Six restarts, anyone?

If I had a penny for everytime you've been dumped into the pole or second position at Mugello with a grid of 8 of us and uttered oh FFS.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

That's usually me trying to hero it accross the grass :eek:

Nippy white cup
lol I know! I saw the forza 3 topic on new posts but I had no idea of all the info and vids/pics...awesome stuff in every way....Nic just didn't understand when I said this was the best day in my life ;)

Chris