ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly mate, I'm certainly not going to be getting another set, I'm removing the one of Andy's Trophy too!

The biggest issue is have atm mate is a knocking on tight left handers, I thought is was the nearside driveshaft but I changed that and it's still knocking. I am hoping its the upper gearbox mount.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I forget how long it's been since I saw the weapon last !

Ages mate :(

I'll take you out in it soon Rob :)

*******************************************************************************************************************************
Update:

Finally ordered some new parts to refresh the suspension and tighten the front end up, and hopefully cure the annoying knocking on tight left hand corners taken at speed.

Lower arm wishbones (cup)
Track rod ends
Track rods arms/ boots
TRE nuts
Lower arm pinch bolt nuts
Top Mounts x 2
modded spacer for above
Lower arm bush mounting nuts/ bolts bolts
Vibratechnics engine mounts/ powerflex dog bone mount
Aux belt ( for PMS lightweight AC delete kit)
Eibach camber bolts that @Christopher. Kindly gave me :)

16042490174_642645c779_c.jpg
Untitled by fletcher10, on Flickr

And I sourced some Recaro SPG harnesses hole covers from Capital seating as two of the orginal covers were damaged.

16457523447_b9dfa4748c_c.jpg

16663415451_82d35177e5_c.jpg

Next on the list is..

Recaro side mounts
OMP pass subframe
Odessey lightweight battery
Mocal catch tank
2 new R888s

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Oh. I'm suprised the standard ones have lasted in your car then as I'm led to believe there a bit weak. Mine broke so I replaced both mine with solid ones. As many have said they cause a bit of vibration (not that it will bother you) but the engine feels much better when driving hard. You'll like them :smile:

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Are you going to do the suspension re fresh yourself?
If so let me know how you get on. I want to do mine closer to summer time

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
About time @Fletcher ... Let me know if you want a hand fitting stuff. Feel free to come and use workshop.

Edit. Can't believe you have finished fitting the skirting in your kitchen.. lazy sod!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Are you going to do the suspension re fresh yourself?
If so let me know how you get on. I want to do mine closer to summer time

No Paul I am dropping it off at Rentech tomorrow mate.

lol I actually posted that in the wrong thread, does seem vaguely appropriate though :wink:

One day maybe :wink:

About time @Fletcher ... Let me know if you want a hand fitting stuff. Feel free to come and use workshop.

Edit. Can't believe you have finished fitting the skirting in your kitchen.. lazy sod!

Hi Matt.

Thanks for the workshop offer mate :smile: I did wonder if someone would notice the skirting boards 😊 Lots of mitres so my carpenter mate will do them for me as he'll do a better job.

...Oh I texted you the other day is your mobile number changed mate?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
You'll notice how much of an improvement the Vibratechnics make, should be a massive difference :)

Will it be coming to SRR on Saturday now?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
You'll notice how much of an improvement the Vibratechnics make, should be a massive difference :smile:

Will it be coming to SRR on Saturday now?

Hopefully I'll be there in the 172 mate.

What do you think when you see this? Do you look back with fond memories or has it come so far that this is unrecognisable and it's just a dim and distant memory?

Yes I do look back with fond memories Tim. I think it was at It's 'best' when it had turinis, Recaro trendlines,AC but it drives much better now it's ruined ;)

Back in 09

3977081093_6d64ce7f39_z.jpg
IMG_5745 by fletcher10, on Flickr

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
All the new parts have been fitted The front end turns in so much better, and the the vibratechnics engine mounts and polybushed dog bone mount have tightened everything up nicely. The only problem I have is the PMS ac delete eyebolt is threaded so a new one is on order, and will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

As it was a nice day I went out for a drive, a couple of pics.

16866368636_3f4b2d7422_z.jpg

16892272855_806ddc1338_z.jpg

16891279911_a6b607026c_z.jpg

16891065282_6b6b3f7d20_z.jpg

Just need to get a few bits and bobs sorted for the 'Ring trip in April now I am going to order 2 new R888 tyres this week and put my anthracite 2118s/ R888 back on the car for the ring/ summer.

Once back I plan on buying a PMS exhaust / with 200 cell sports cat and a PMS precession gear linkage :)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I was wondering how you were finding it after the refresh.

The engine mounts make a massive difference :grinning:

Are you going to fit the passenger seat for the Ring?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I was wondering how you were finding it after the refresh.

The engine mounts make a massive difference :grinning:

Are you going to fit the passenger seat for the Ring?

Yes Tim, I am very impressed with the engine mounts.

I need to make the car a bit lighter before I add the pass seat :tongueout:

Iceberg Ph2 172
I love the idea of having a car that you have a history with, not that you just obtain the history of.
I also love the car, trusty Iceberg, just gets the job done.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I love the idea of having a car that you have a history with, not that you just obtain the history of.
I also love the car, trusty Iceberg, just gets the job done.

Cheers mate. Yep I've had it a few years now!

*******************************************************************************************************************************
Quick Update:

New alternator adjuster mechanism fitted at Rentech.

16937692220_0432337140_z.jpg

I also ordered 2 new R888 from mytyres last week, but still haven't received delivery details, so yesterday I ordered 2 more from Demon Tweaks. I need 2 ASAP as I am off the 'Ring Friday morning :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Two new front R888 were waiting at my neighbours ( still no sign of the pair of R888 I ordered from mytyres) so a quick dash to my local tyre fitters to get them fitted/ balanced.

16962594819_dc6db73a37_z.jpg

The 'worn' two have quite a bit of life left in them, so I will keep them and wait for another worn pair and get another set of 15" track wheels.

And Thursday I have the car booked into the wheel alignment center in Southampton, to sort of my camber etc.