ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car/clio

Clio 1.2 mk2
Some snaps of me and Tommy at work today.

IMG_1148.gif

IMG_1149.gif

IMG_1150.gif

IMG_1151.gif

Also came home to find this parked outside my drive. Was a nice surprise shame it's not mine really.

IMG_1153.gif

IMG_1154.gif

Clio 1.2 mk2
Came home after work to find these goodies,

bitsnbobs.gif

First fitted the side repeaters.

IMG_1182.gif

IMG_1183.gif

IMG_1184.gif

IMG_1185.gif

IMG_1188.gif

Before

IMG_1186.gif

After

IMG_1189.gif

Then went on fitting the wheel. But didn't have the correct tool, when i had it it was dark haha.

IMG_1187.gif

IMG_1190.gif

IMG_1191.gif

IMG_1192.gif

IMG_1194.gif

Fitted the airbag bypass cable, but the light is coming on randomly. Is it something to do with my seat? :/

IMG_1196.gif

Enjoy, I know most people will like the repeaters but not the wheel. But it feels nicer and I like it :D

Liquid Yellow R27
Nice first car dude! It makes me miss my first car, was also a red clio but a MK1. Sold it not long ago due to head gasket going, but got myself another Clio! :)

Clio 1.2 mk2
Nice first car dude! It makes me miss my first car, was also a red clio but a MK1. Sold it not long ago due to head gasket going, but got myself another Clio! :)

Thanks mate, I really like mk1's but got this on the cheap from my mate. I really want to turn it into a little track car. I know it's slow but I enjoy driving fast(ish) and the roads round me aren't really suitable. Also being young insurance is a b**ch so can't get anything powerful. So gonna strip her out and get some decent buckets and some coileys. This way if i stuff it on a track it won't be breaking an expensive car and could probably salvage most of the bits i had bought.

Liquid Yellow R27
Thanks mate, I really like mk1's but got this on the cheap from my mate. I really want to turn it into a little track car. I know it's slow but I enjoy driving fast(ish) and the roads round me aren't really suitable. Also being young insurance is a b**ch so can't get anything powerful. So gonna strip her out and get some decent buckets and some coileys. This way if i stuff it on a track it won't be breaking an expensive car and could probably salvage most of the bits i had bought.

Good call mate. My last one was a 1.2 and it was really fun to drive still. Also.. I spotted the sticker you had on the car in one of your first pictures. Had the friendly old bear on my last car haha. :D

dsc03410w.jpg

Clio 1.2 mk2
Haha, that's massive!! I still have a pedobear on but it's a small one in the passenger side front window. When you slide the window up he just pokes his head over.

Fiesta ST-3
why did you colour code the the entire mirror?

I would have worried about coilovers and wheels before steering wheels and colour coding tbh!!

Clio 1.2 mk2
I've already got it lowered on springs and didn't have the money for coils at the start. The colour coding was something i could do on my own and cheaply. Also the wheel cost like £20 so just had it. Turbines will be sourced next month.

And the mirror, i just didn't want any black on the car at all. (except tires) haven't got round to bumpers and spoiler yet tho.

Jap Box
Looks good :)

You thinking of getting a dynamique spoiler at all, makes the back end 100% better :) ive colour coded my boot lock now, ill get a pic tomorrow if you like so you can see how it will look on yours?

When I took it off though I closed the boot on accident, meaning I couldnt open it for ages as the button wouldnt press without the surround :rasp: had to climb in through the back seats and find out which wire to pull to get it to release ha ha.

Ill get that refund sorted out for you ASAP too pal, been a royal pain in the ass :(

Clio 1.2 mk2
down and out fat and low stick on a car thats not slammed o_O

I did explain it will be getting slammed and the sticker came and couldn't resist putting it on. I like shiny new things haha.

Looks good :)

You thinking of getting a dynamique spoiler at all, makes the back end 100% better :) ive colour coded my boot lock now, ill get a pic tomorrow if you like so you can see how it will look on yours?

When I took it off though I closed the boot on accident, meaning I couldnt open it for ages as the button wouldnt press without the surround :rasp: had to climb in through the back seats and find out which wire to pull to get it to release ha ha.

Ill get that refund sorted out for you ASAP too pal, been a royal pain in the ass :(

Cheers dude, yehh i'll have to have a look at that tomorrow. Think i will be getting a different spoiler yehh. And i almost closed mine hahaha.

No rush mate whenever you get chance.

Jap Box
Heres the pic of my colour coded boot lock to show you how it will end up, colour match looks off in the pic because the rest of the car is dirty :rasp:

dsc02683f.jpg

Clio 1.2 mk2
Cheers buddy, I think I'll be going red on mine. :) gonna try and do the whole release red. Just gonna be a ball ache gettin the mechanism off :/

Jap Box
Cheers buddy, I think I'll be going red on mine. :) gonna try and do the whole release red. Just gonna be a ball ache gettin the mechanism off :/

Yep, did have a quick look at mine yesterday and couldnt really figure out how to remove it with such little space to work with, and couldnt be bothered with removing wires/pipes etc to have a real look. Dont think the sports have the buttons coded though either so its no biggy :)

Clio 1.2 mk2
Got the 172 dual optics today :D will fit them tomorrow with the HIDs.

IMG_1216.jpg

Managed to get the OMP horn button on too.

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

One question, In the dual optics which is the side light and which is the main bulb? Or are they both the same?

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Side lights are the same 501 bulbs that are in the inner one iirc same as full bean

Dipped being the outer one

I think that's right anyway lol

Jap Box
Get the skoda splitter, much better :)

Got the dual optics fitted yet? Sorry I didnt get the picture of my wiring taken etc, had so much on my mind recently, ill try get it done ASAP.

Clio 1.2 mk2
Nahh not got them on yet, still waiting on a part i need for them. and i have got some fogs too so gonna fit them at the same time.
Don't worry about it mate, i've not had the time to do anything to the car for a while haha. And i dunno about the splitter, cba with the hassle. I like this one cus when it catches it just bends haha.

Jap Box
Nahh not got them on yet, still waiting on a part i need for them. and i have got some fogs too so gonna fit them at the same time.
Don't worry about it mate, i've not had the time to do anything to the car for a while haha. And i dunno about the splitter, cba with the hassle. I like this one cus when it catches it just bends haha.

Ahh right, fair enough :) think the skoda one bends too as its like plastic rubber type materialbut im not entirely sure :rasp:

And sorry to hear about your mate kerry, can't imagine how much that must suck.

Cheers, hasnt even sunk in yet but suppose it will eventually.

Clio 1.2 mk2
I'll have a look into the skoda one. Trying to source some turbines now. There's a set on ebay i've got my eye on haha.

Clio 1.2 mk2
Painted the surround to the fogs today, got them finished up nicely now just waiting for a part for the dual optics and will fit them all shortly :D

IMG_1276.gif

IMG_1277.gif

IMG_1279.gif

IMG_1280.gif

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
It's amazing the difference those fogs will make btw!

White turbines will look awesome ... I've got a pic on my phone of stus old car with White turbines on it

You got coilovers on it now? Looks low in those pics anyway

Clio 1.2 mk2
It's amazing the difference those fogs will make btw!

White turbines will look awesome ... I've got a pic on my phone of stus old car with White turbines on it

You got coilovers on it now? Looks low in those pics anyway

Yehh, the fogs should look good. Do you know if i connect them to the main lights would that pass an mot? So when my main lights were on the front fogs are too?

And no i'm not on coils yet. Saving up for some off k-tec maybe? Know any good coils for mega lows? without them being £1000+

The low pics are a cheat. I'm mostly on a low curb hence it being higher on one side. but still fairly low haha.

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
I've got raceland coils on mine, they have loads left on the front and are low enough for me... The rear I have at the highest possible just now so that will be dropped another 10mm anymore and my exhaust will scrape