ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FINALLY! Clio 172 'HOU'

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It used to pool around the lower inlet, but I know it's all been rebuilt since then. Like totally. When it was for sale on eBay ages ago I messaged the bloke and he was a Renault tech, he'd near enough took it all apart engine wise, and re-built it.

Are you sure it's missing a bolt? Not just a hole for the engine cover bolts?

Sorry 4 delay.

Definitely missing a bolt. I'll probably renew all of them while I'm at it.

Oil turned out to be a bit of a non-issue. Level's fine, just the gauge decided to go spazzy on one occasion.

Went for a blip with some of the CSSW lot this afternoon. Cheers l33th3tr33 for the pics.
10339407_877223472294541_2659475619581403540_o.jpg

10295319_877223165627905_2637877381289856798_o.jpg

10379813_877223395627882_472571558678305029_o.jpg

10256633_877223555627866_1433490621611875222_o.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
To be honest the 1.2 was more fun to drive hard, but the power is a lot more fun!

It's my favourite so far.

Ermmmm, why?????

I drove that car to within an inch of it's life at times, the power lets you really enjoy it, you can really pull it though the bends/roundabouts using the power

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love small engined cars too. This mx5 I've got has about 40bhp so you have to keep it on the boil at all times it's great fun!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love it but If it were mine it'd have to be re-badged at the front.

So, whens the next RR day now you have some powaaa

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Love it but If it were mine it'd have to be re-badged at the front.

So, whens the next RR day now you have some powaaa

I'm not sure at the moment. On both points! Dan, said he was going to get in touch with them but nothing yet.

Done a few little bits to it so far, cleaned up the contacts on the rear light to sort the usual earthing issue, worked out that the aircon does indeed work at full speed, had a poke at the exhaust heat shield (not got the bits to fix it yet but seems relatively simple) and fixed the fog lights up front which weren't working (no, I'm not a FLW).

Idle control valve seems to have sorted itself for the moment, will keep an eye on it.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If you're struggling to get anything other than hot air at lower speeds you might have the same problem as me. Its hard to explain but if you look in my project thread there is a picture. That's what mine did at first before it finally gave up and only ever blew hot air. Its a very quick fix and only needs a cable tie lol.

Only difference between the Climate and non climate is mine is a motor and yours is a cable.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Minor textual update.

Fixed the fuel tank heat shield which was sat on top of the exhaust. Which itself had fallen down on the wrong side of the socket in the exhaust clamp.

Also found what I think is the reason the unlock/lock switches aren't working. I think it's the one that got altered on the conversion.
Photo%2011-06-2014%2004%2038%2021%20pm.jpg

Still waiting for a reply from Rob on that one as to where it goes.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
New update.

Hit a birdie the other day, went straight into the front of the car but didn't even make a sound, so I wasn't sure if I hit it. Got out, checked. Nothing at all so I assumed I missed it or it just bounced off.

However the little b*****d has left his mark. No pressure in the AC. Wonder why?

Photo%2020-06-2014%2005%2038%2044%20pm.png
Photo%2020-06-2014%2005%2038%2031%20pm.png

Something to fix.

Oh, and I put in an under seat subwoofer today, much better sound.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Alpine SWD 1600. Looks Chavatron 5000 but I won't ever see it under the seat and it fits well (perfectly even). Provides plenty of bass, to be honest more than I'll ever need, but I still haven't played with the gain and HPF/LPF settings.

swd-1600.jpg

Also I've still got my £1k kenwood unit to go in which will improve the quality of sound even more.

53 Clio's & counting
When you go down to low revs in gear (low enough for the ICV to open up to stop it 'stalling') it revs up to a max of 2k. When you tap the throttle it goes back to normal. Again not the end of the world really.

its not the ICV, it's the throttle body - follow my guide I did about 4 years ago in the guides section, or take it off and send it to me and I will sort it mate

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Had it in bits yesterday to change the AC condenser, but other than that, the changes above and a carbon engine cover it's pretty much the same as when you had it. Got a bearing noise to fix though, sounds like it's on the transmission though which is nicht gut.

IMG_1265.jpg

And no, I haven't crashed it yet!
Russ_16v the problem's died down a bit as of late so I'm not in a rush to fix it but I'll have a look, cheers ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Aforementioned noise. Happens in and out of gear, but is quieter when the engine is not pulling/dragging (for example at balanced throttle, or neutral) and is related to road speed.

I'd like to think it's wheel bearing but with the power/drag affecting it I'm thinking not. Need to get under the car properly to diagnose it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Happens with the clutch in or out and regardless of pedal travel.

And I've just been under the car. Fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
You'll pick one up cheap enough mate unless you're wanting brand new or possibly upgrade. It's one of them things I guess. Budget dependant and probably at the worst time. Had belts and head gasket done on my meg and then big end bearing went on the way home. Luckily I've got the clio because I can't afford to do it yet. Best of luck with it anyway mate

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What did I say to you when you bought it McTwerp? What did I fcuking say??!!!!

DO NOT BREAK IT!!!

I know I said it, because I was there when I said it.

(In all seriousness, I hope it's not an expensive fix. x)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
What did I say to you when you bought it McTwerp? What did I fcuking say??!!!!

DO NOT BREAK IT!!!

I know I said it, because I was there when I said it.

(In all seriousness, I hope it's not an expensive fix. x)

It misses you.

You have been pushing that little pedal on the left when changing gear haven't you? Just checking.