ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally bought one!

Have you told him the reason?

The reason for asking for the info you mean?
I just said i want to do an online MOT check,he said well i have the MOT sticker to show i have it.Ill tell him i want to check the mileage now and see what the crack is.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I would never buy a car without viewing it first lol. Your idea of "good condition" will be totally different to someone elses so why risk it?

Clio 182 full fat
The reason for asking for the info you mean?
I just said i want to do an online MOT check,he said well i have the MOT sticker to show i have it.Ill tell him i want to check the mileage now and see what the crack is.

Seems more effort and time consuming than going to view cars

Hi folks,Ive just got an email from the seller in the original post with the number from the top of the V5.

Thing is i put it in the VOSA website and it says error.The number is bq1984356 and the REG plate is NK02FAF.

Any ideas why it isnt working?

Clio 182 + Recaros
Don't mean to worry you, but the seller bought clio clock set with 69000 miles on it in november, check his transaction history.

Top spotting

- I got burned a few years ago buying a car from a dealer so am now very suspicious of anything relating to bargain buys.

Ph1 Flamer
Tell you what Luke, you'd of been a lot better off buying mine, straight car, supported SH, no messing about and with all the usual problems already sorted.

Crazy looking at all these dodgy motors with over 100k on the clock!!

Ph1 Flamer
At the end of the day Luke, you're trying to get a bargain, which is understandable.

You really do get what you pay for in the ph1 world and i don't think you're going to get the car you're after for £1900!!

£2300 is my budget and i think i should be able to get something that wont be a complete wreck for that sort of money,ive done my research and spent along time looking.

Well folks,we have an answer,hes now sent the correct number,ive done the search and........121000 miles at the last MOT!I cant see who it was on this page but ill go back through and send whoever it was who spotted it a couple of beer tokens via paypal,did me a huge favour there!

To be honest i wouldnt have said it was a hugely brilliant price,its cheap but not uber cheap,ive seen a fair few around for the same sort of money with similar miles(advertised miles,not genuine miles!).The thing is,the ebay check think which cost me 6 quid came back as having no mileage discrepancy,shows what a pile of cack that is.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
always check there history before you commit, always a bit sus with dodgy mot stuff and that

Well i have now finally bought one,the one i mentioned earlier in the topic.

Lots of miles but ive driven it and given it a good going over and it went well,full service history,receipt for the belts and a new gearbox fitted not along ago with reciepts.

£2200 taxed and tested,absolutely buzzing.

Iceberg Ph1
What a horror story, eBay is a risky game as you found out and luckily enough got out of! Sounds like you have a pretty decent car now though.. With all the history, belts and a new gearbox you will be laughing for years to come!

Ill get shots up as soon as i pick it up,im already planning what to do with the extra £100 i have left over,it doesnt have a cd changer so im thinking of getting one fitted.

Iceberg Ph1
You sure? usually located under the drivers seat if it has the standard headunit

Edit: Sometimes under the passenger seat too (Ph2 Clios iirc)

Ah,cant buy you a pint then sadly as im in Blackpool!Pm. me your details and ill paypal you the price of a beer!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ebay is just a hunting ground for scammers.

It is quite possibly the worst website i have ever had the misfortune of dealing with