ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAULT CODE '8A1', help!!!!

CLIO Iceberg 172
hi guys just had my aircon toped up and found the aircon pump wasnt coming on, run a diognostics and got showen the following code

"8A1"

any one know what this means, had it before, any answers would be a massive help

please help asap

Clio Sport 182
is that a fault code from the aircon machine ? doesn't look like a genuine fault code to me... there usually p codes..

what diagnostic machine was used ? you usually cant diagnose a fault with a scanner as they don't talk to the aircon system there's either a leak on the system somewhere or the compressor has siezed up.. is there a clicking noise when the aircons turn's on ?

CLIO Iceberg 172
it was a huge black machine (still hand held) he pluged it into the port below the ash tray, and it read off the fault,

the air con control panel in the coak pit is fully working he confurmed that, but the air con pump only switched on when he put a 12v directly on the + wire to the pump, the pumped worked fine, it seems to just be the 12v feed, something between the c**k pit and the air con pump that is not the fuse is stoping it from switching on when it is ment to engage.

he said it could be the air con control module, dose that ring any bells with any one?

it was defently the fault code that he read off the machine....

LY 182
air con is controlled via the uch which is controlled by the ecu.. engine management diagnostic should pick it up as the aircon request is controlled via it.

it needs fault codes checking in the ecu, then in the uch via body computer.

our crypton does it but ideally needs going on clip

CLIO Iceberg 172
air con is controlled via the uch which is controlled by the ecu.. engine management diagnostic should pick it up as the aircon request is controlled via it.

sorry dude please translate.....

LY 182

sorry dude please translate.....
its f*cked.

lol.

basically, being french.. they thought it would be a good idea to tie the air con in to pretty much all of the vehicles systems, for one reason or another.

its linked to the ecu because it turns it off when you floor it.
the uch (the body computer) is what actually controls it

all of the systems can be accessed with diagnostics but only by renault/someone with a clip computer

CLIO Iceberg 172
so do i need to tak it to renualt to get them to reset the ecu? or do i need to change a part?

CB600FS
Where did you get it gassed and did they give you a printout of how much gas they put in?

If the gas sides okay, first thing I'd do is check the a/c pressure sensor connectors not full of water. If the sensors knackered and it thinks its got no gas in the compressor clutch wont kick in as Ditz said.

CLIO Iceberg 172
it was a mobile gas guy, company called zetech services, i watched him put in 650g, watched him weigh it and everything, it held pressure and when he put a drect 12v on it, it engaged and blew ice cold (oooo could have sooo done with it today) so i know its full of gas, where abouts is this sensor?