ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Lee

BMW M2C
4605600957_a8ef1dfd49_o.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
f**k me!

I don't even like f1 games that much.... but....:eek:

FN2 Type R GT
when will the demo be available roughly? i think 10 laps of monte-carlo would be a nice little demo to start us off with...

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Pics look amazing, can't wait for September.

Lee, are all the cars done now or are they being updated when the teams update, like the new Mercedes made big changes etc? Just wondering if they cause issues with designers or left as they were at the start of the season?

182 Full of Fat
Will there be live updates for next season or for rules changes etc....

Cannot wait for this, looks immense, just hope the balance between sim/arcade is correct because some games fail going either way too far.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'm loving the amount to detail going into the game, especially with the track surface, marbles, dust and grip as well as the weather technology. Sounds like the Grand Prix 5 I used to dream about.

Good to know it'll be as up to date as possible too.

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
The track evolution stuff is amazing. I was running Monaco in the dry earlier, when it started to rain. It was only a light shower, so I stayed out on dry tyres, a few laps later it was still raining and the track was starting to get puddles, I could barely get round, so I swapped to Inters. Then I kicked the weather up to full downpour and had to stop for full wets.

I'd get in the s**t if I posted anything that's not already been officially talked about. A demo is one of those things. :quiet:

I'm really looking forward to this now, some good video footage to keep the interest up. I just hope the driving experience satisfies in the same way F1 on PS3 did - not in the way that Race Pro doesn't.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm going to have a head to head against my boss in a minute (once the build has finished copying, slow assed 360 net connection) around Monaco with varying weather.

Lee

BMW M2C
The state it's in at this moment in time, believe me, you don't. LOL Someone has just broken the brakes, they don't work, and I've just killed my build making some audio changes. :eek:

Think I might just call it a day and sod off home.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The state it's in at this moment in time, believe me, you don't. LOL Someone has just broken the brakes, they don't work, and I've just killed my build making some audio changes. :eek:

Think I might just call it a day and sod off home.

PMSL!

I bet the dev's love you :p

That'll learn you for putting p**n soundtracks in

Lee

BMW M2C
The audio was already screwed, the engine was quiet, so I copied over some previous libraries. Worth a go!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
What exactly do you do for this project Lee? Does your role change as the game development changes or are you given set things to do? Either way, sound like you're having fun doing it!

Also, would you reckon this would be better for PS3 or 360?

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm a designer, but i'm pretty technical so I'm happy to get stuck in to most things. For this game I wrote the pit strategy, AI and handling designs as well as the voice over scripts for Crofty and Holly Samos. I'm also responsible for car handling so I'm spending most my time on that at the moment, plus surface grip levels, season upgrades and tyre wear rate balancing.

I've got Anthony Davidson in again tomorrow taking a look at how I've got the cars handling.

I couldn't be working on a better game to be honest. I could live without the long hours at the moment though.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It sounds like you are contributing very little to the development of this game then!!!! :rasp:

Now about the demo........

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Wow, some responsibilities there. Sounds like some clever stuff too! What a game to apply your skills too.

Any shout on the PS3/360? Is it being designed for one and adapted to the other? Or will they be 100% equal in detail, design and contents so you wouldn't know which one you were playing? I've no idea how games are made as you can probably tell!

White Sti Hatch
I'm a designer, but i'm pretty technical so I'm happy to get stuck in to most things. For this game I wrote the pit strategy, AI and handling designs as well as the voice over scripts for Crofty and Holly Samos. I'm also responsible for car handling so I'm spending most my time on that at the moment, plus surface grip levels, season upgrades and tyre wear rate balancing.

I've got Anthony Davidson in again tomorrow taking a look at how I've got the cars handling.

I couldn't be working on a better game to be honest. I could live without the long hours at the moment though.

So if we dont like it when it comes out we know to blame you :rasp: ?

The weather thing is interesting given that the tracks were not scanned for the game. Surely the F1 teams could have pipped in a few quid to have every track properly built? ;) Then with the stunning weather/water engine in the game they could have had an extremely realistic view of how individual circuits are likely to react to specific conditions.

Always been intrigued by their simulators, would love to know how a mere mortal would get on in on of them.

Lee

BMW M2C
Hell of a lot on my shoulders with this one. If it doesn't play well I am pretty much the main point if blame. Hopefully Ant will be impressed today.

I met Holly at the launch event, but the recording was done in London. Crofty came up though.

No laser scanned tracks, for a couple of reasons, but they're spot on. We get Ant to drive them all and point out anything that's not right.

I've got a video of Schumacher on the Mercedes sim learning the new section of Bahrain.

Lee

BMW M2C
Regarding PS3 or 360. They're being done side by side. It's personal choice really. PS3 has the bonus if the G27 though. The MS wheel is ideal for F1 though, less so the pedals.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Oh I'll have to back to watch the bit after the interview. She was a bit distracting, kept missing bits!

Cheers for all the info, much appreciated.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Regarding PS3 or 360. They're being done side by side. It's personal choice really. PS3 has the bonus if the G27 though. The MS wheel is ideal for F1 though, less so the pedals.

Is the G25 fully supported too?