ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Editing a .avi to turn 90 degrees

Guys

I have some snowboarding videos that I want to turn through 90 degrees as I'm making a dvd. (I am using Windows Movie Maker by the way!).

Along the same lines, I have a video that I want to remove the sound from...

Any free software suggestions welcomed?

Ah, found how to remove the sound from the videos in movie maker, thanks.

Any thoughts on turning the videos around 90 degrees?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Windows Movie Maker can do it, but I couldn't tell you how for the life of me.
Or failing that, a 100% fully legal copy of Adobe Premiere.*

Last edited:
  57 Clio Campus Sport
There's a rotate effect in the effects tab of movie maker, you drag it to the effects bar on the timeline and extend it either way to where you want it, right click and edit effect or something like that and then change the rotation degrees to 90 or -90 depending on which direction you want to rotate it

There's a rotate effect in the effects tab of movie maker, you drag it to the effects bar on the timeline and extend it either way to where you want it, right click and edit effect or something like that and then change the rotation degrees to 90 or -90 depending on which direction you want to rotate it

Ah, found it!

Perfect, thanks to all (other than the chap who just did a Google search...) who assisted!

Storm Grey 200
The google search showed how to do it in movie maker on the first result! Exactly what the chap above said...