ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easter Meet With The 106owners And My Mishap.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
003-1.jpg

Pics with rugeley powerstation in background.
006.jpg

005-1.jpg

007.jpg

004.jpg

The garage wont be able to give me a quote til tomorrow,hopefully not that bad.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Info is on the meet section but lets just say it could of been worse.The west mids meet section.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Its the wheel that took the first smack,the track rod has snapped too,then it was a case of one wheel steering to avoid anything else.

Megane 225 F1
So you post pictures up of your car after you have crashed it and won't tell us what you did?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ok...ok...i`ll say this only once.....60mph road,see sigh for temp traffic light,go round a blind corner and the traffic is backed up,i knew i wasnt going to stop in time and there were oncoming cars so i decided the grass verge was the safest bet.As i hit the verge which was a foot higher than the road my steering jerked me into a concrete post,wrestling with the steering i scraped two more posts before eating a traffic cone and coming to a stop.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
So sorry that i didnt add that i was slowing down and braking,next time you go round a corner at 60,you brake and lets see what happens,any fool knows braking in a corner is dangerous.

SQ5
Braking in a corner isn't dangerous, slamming brakes on round a corner is dangerous, but your ABS wouldn't let you do it anyway!

Ph1 172
If the n/s of the bumper/wing and alloy is the 'only' damage (track rod end & suspension aside), you did pretty well to avoid any more severe impact damage or hitting another car

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
With or without the sign there, you shouldn't be going so fast round a blind bend that you can't stop when there's someone there. It's called driving within your distance, and is one of the essential skills of being a good driver on the road.

You were lucky not to have a worse crash, although I'd think long and hard before trying to drive on that rim.

182 Turbo
Sounds like idiotic driving , fair play for banking it though, atleast noone got hurt from your stupidity.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Just to clarify,driving at 60....sign for lights...slowed down....round bend....braking,traffic,avoiding,grass...post...post...post...stop.
And i have a spare alloy so that one is getting binned.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Lol.

Dragon tears on the road. They really should cry elsewhere.

At least no other parties were involved mate.

Swift Sport
I love how everyone pounces on someone who's had a bump. Most Clio owners I know drive like bell-ends.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
It was my skill as a driver as to me only ending up in the grass,i dont mind conversations over driving.....if fact i loooooovvvveee it.:clap:

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
At the end of the day,no-one was hurt,repairs to the car are relatively minor,if there was a lesson to be learnt then believe me its learnt.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
No. Regardless of the presence of the traffic lights, if there was someone there this accident still would've happened. Therefore, the positioning of the sign, too close or not, was not a factor in this accident.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
No. Regardless of the presence of the traffic lights, if there was someone there this accident still would've happened. Therefore, the positioning of the sign, too close or not, was not a factor in this accident.

"Regardless to the presence of the traffic lights",they were temp traffic lights,and the sign was a metal triangle.....ahhh forget it,i aint biting.:butt:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The argument is that you can't see around corners so you should always be able to stop within the distance ou can see to be clear.

My driving instructor taught me to always assume there was a bike rider lying in the road around each bend / over each dip.

Lesson learned and nobody was hurt (apart from your wallet).

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Got a bit unlucky there, good to see it's a light repair - we need to keep these PH1's on the road :)

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Got a bit unlucky there, good to see it's a light repair - we need to keep these PH1's on the road :)

A man after my own heart!!!,i had the same idea,to be honest it really wouldn`t matter how much it would have cost i dont want to lose her to some scrap dealer or sell for parts.........:cry:

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Small update,got her back on thursday,just needs the tracking doing as its a bit out..lol,then replacement bumper and wing and back in business.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cost you a small fortune? Glad to see it's not another car just being broke for parts.

Doesn't need a new front bumper surely? There's so many ph1's being taken apart on here surely you can source parts.

New wing, old bumper, have wing painted and blown into bumper. Sorted.