ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E85 3.0 Z4 Roadster Project

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Sunday ain't it blad? Yeah, I'll pop down, will leave mine after the F1 and be there for 11ish.

Sounds like a plan mate, look forward to it!

They're just as bad as the older M3 wheels imo. Every chav with a BMW aspires to fit them.

Yup every council estate dwelling labourer who steps out of his mums gaff with too much aftershave on, dripping in jewelery and thinking he's a bit of a player is rocking them.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If it's raining... I'm driving. I've got a certificate that says I can do sideways...!!

You bend it, you buy it.

Lovely car Rob. Your purchase has me looking at them! How are you finding it?

Cheers mate, best car I've ever owned TBH. I really really love it.

The 172 was my first ever "fast" car, and it had a special place in my mind which I didn't think I'd find again, this just blew it out of the water TBH.

Sunday ain't it blad? Yeah, I'll pop down, will leave mine after the F1 and be there for 11ish.

Sounds like a plan mate, look forward to it!

Sunday yes, :eek:

See you then, no doubt burning, again.

Yup every council estate dwelling labourer who steps out of his mums gaff with too much aftershave on, dripping in jewelery and thinking he's a bit of a player is rocking them.

Do you live in the north? Other than in photos on here, I've never seen a car on CSL wheels other than a CSL.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
The Z4m interior looks ace from what I remember that's Carbon isn't it?

Do you live in the north? Other than in photos on here, I've never seen a car on CSL wheels other than a CSL.

Given my frequent correcting of the use of Tea when referring to dinner and general condemnation of the chips + gravy combination take a wild guess?

Bet you had a look on pistonheads last night didn't you? ;)

Guilty :eek:

Still saving it as a sensible choice if the need arises but my money is still going elsewhere atm, think I may have found another potential today :D

Last edited:
  White clique
Check it out Rob... gloss mahogany!! A £730 option! Still all shiney and a rare option too!

002-6.gif

004-6.gif

I do love the marine one too.. imagine the scene, it will "come to life" on a really sunny day, roof down, arrive at the marina supper club with Gant boat shorts and deck shoes (decent ones)... you will pwn them all!

Talking about BMWs i have a courtesy 116i sport today, WOW what a car.. i mean really, what a s**t car!! auto on/off on an automatic with 5 doors, dodgy dark turquoise with blacked out back windows and dark grey m-sport alloys. I never knew a new car could look so chav.

E85 3.0i
Looks lovely, be interesting to see how this comes on. I really like the std. 108's but CSL's do look sweeeeet.

Starting to look for mine already, proper hankering for a montego blue but don't seem to be many 3.0's, primarily silver/grey.

BMW F21 125d
Confused, but only slightly.

Light up gear knob. M3 spec ballin'. Did you buy the ZHP lightup and if so where from?
The dildo that the M3 comes with is well, rubbish, and has the reach of a truck, but the only ZHP I could find was none lightup so I'm still rocking the dildo.

Standard wheels FTW. I was going to put CSL's on the M, and as lovely as they are, they are over done on the E46, Sheep like.

Never above 25mpg
Get that tacky Carbon roundel off the airbag Rob, it'll just peel off and will look alot better! Carbon yes, but cheap carbon effect badges, no!

Looking forward to progress... someone mentioned facelift rear lights on another thread too, that'd modernise it a bit too (as a suggestion)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Get that tacky Carbon roundel off the airbag Rob, it'll just peel off and will look alot better! Carbon yes, but cheap carbon effect badges, no!

Looking forward to progress... someone mentioned facelift rear lights on another thread too, that'd modernise it a bit too (as a suggestion)

Carbon roundel usually means the badge has been dented.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I dont care how many people slate that wood, that needs to go in. That will get your willy stroked on the regular.

I f**king love wood lol

Oh and non gloss would look poop x

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Guilty :eek:

Still saving it as a sensible choice if the need arises but my money is still going elsewhere atm, think I may have found another potential today :D

Result on finding another, PM me a link?

Given my frequent correcting of the use of Tea when referring to dinner and general condemnation of the chips + gravy combination take a wild guess?

So you're admitting that's it's dinner, and you're just calling it tea? ;)

On a serious note, and I'm really not over exaggerating, I've honestly never seen a car with CSL reps on.

Check it out Rob... gloss mahogany!! A £730 option! Still all shiney and a rare option too!
I do love the marine one too.. imagine the scene, it will "come to life" on a really sunny day, roof down, arrive at the marina supper club with Gant boat shorts and deck shoes (decent ones)... you will pwn them all!

Talking about BMWs i have a courtesy 116i sport today, WOW what a car.. i mean really, what a s**t car!! auto on/off on an automatic with 5 doors, dodgy dark turquoise with blacked out back windows and dark grey m-sport alloys. I never knew a new car could look so chav.

Proper flipping epic! I'd love to see what it looked like!!!

Why the courtesy? Servicing I hope?

Looks lovely, be interesting to see how this comes on. I really like the std. 108's but CSL's do look sweeeeet.

Starting to look for mine already, proper hankering for a montego blue but don't seem to be many 3.0's, primarily silver/grey.

108's are 10000% being re-done, I just can't decide whether to pay full whack and have them split and re-done or pay only £180 and have them coated in one lot?

Confused, but only slightly.

Light up gear knob. M3 spec ballin'. Did you buy the ZHP lightup and if so where from?
The dildo that the M3 comes with is well, rubbish, and has the reach of a truck, but the only ZHP I could find was none lightup so I'm still rocking the dildo.

Standard wheels FTW. I was going to put CSL's on the M, and as lovely as they are, they are over done on the E46, Sheep like.

You can get light up ZHP knobs from a german seller I've found if you're interested? However, I've just ordered a non light up one direct from BMW :)

The roundel, is it likely to be stuck over rather than replaced with then? If it is, I'll have a go at removing this weekend.

Face lift rear lights aren't as simple as it sounds, but there are a few options to get around that, with regards to basically knocking up your own rear lights from relatively cheap clear sets. This I will probably have a damn good go at!

Any other suggestions are more than welcome BTW, I'm still fairly new to the BMW world.

Carbon roundel usually means the badge has been dented.

We'll see this weekend... gulp.

I dont care how many people slate that wood, that needs to go in. That will get your willy stroked on the regular.

I f**king love wood lol

Oh and non gloss would look poop x

Pimpin' wood it is.

275 Trophy
Great car Rob, look forward to any updates. I think this thread has piqued many peoples interest in the Z4, myself included. I was browsing them on Auto Trader at work, and I few of my work mates couldn't believe what you can get for little money, relatively speaking with the Zed's.

Did you test drive any 2.5's and if so how do they compare?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Rob, I imagine it'll be stuck over the top, it's one of those £2.99 badges from Asialand off eBay.

It is, I peeled it off yesterday and found two things...

1) The underneath one has cracks all around the edges

2) It actually looks better with the black badge due to the VERY monochrome interior.

To us "BMW people" it may look a bit china-spec, but it actually suits it IMO.

Great car Rob, look forward to any updates. I think this thread has piqued many peoples interest in the Z4, myself included. I was browsing them on Auto Trader at work, and I few of my work mates couldn't believe what you can get for little money, relatively speaking with the Zed's.

Did you test drive any 2.5's and if so how do they compare?

Cheers mate, there should be lots of updates, (I'll have a few pictures to go up later today).

TBH this was a COMPLETE impulse buy, literally have only ever driven this one but TBH I think a 2.5 would feel very underpowered. The 3.0 properly excites me when I really put my foot down, without that I don't think it'd be half the fun.

I'm glad you don't hate me any more.

Nice car, about the only car I can see myself getting rid of the e46 for, when insurance lets me

Insurance? Mine wasn't much more than the 172 or the 320. How old are you?

I'm 24 2 year NCB and it was <1000 FC.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well my bosses aren't here, so I figured tonight would become now.

Popped down to the grasshopper meet Saturday (I figured I'd better as I organised it ;) )

A few took some photos:

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Good variety of cars there, I gave Tyler the keys and I jumped in the VX to compare, the verdict is that it's about 900x easier to get into the BMW :eek:

He also took a photo of my new (absolutely mint) steering wheel:

3-1.jpg

You can just about see the gear knob but not quite, so here's what one I went for, the //M non illuminated one from BMW, bit expensive, but it's weighted and shorter than what was on there. It's improved the gear change, A LOT.

5-1.jpg

Oh and this is probably as close to "beading" as I'll ever get:

4-1.jpg

Wheels should be getting refurbed in the next two weeks and I'm considering ordering a shorter aerial. Also going to be painting the spacer on the discs as they're very surface rusted and being such open wheels it shows badly

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Just renewed my insurance for the 320i... Paid 230 full comp NCB protected. :cool:

RS6 C7
Currently looking at the 2.5 version as the 3.0 is silly money to insure for me, I'm test driving on at the weekend and as long as there is a decent amount of power i will probably go for one, I was quite surprised at how reasonably prices these can be had for. They still look really modern and don't seem to have dated at all in comparison to other similar age BM's. Is there anything to look out for?

Currently looking at the 2.5 version as the 3.0 is silly money to insure for me, I'm test driving on at the weekend and as long as there is a decent amount of power i will probably go for one, I was quite surprised at how reasonably prices these can be had for. They still look really modern and don't seem to have dated at all in comparison to other similar age BM's. Is there anything to look out for?

The 2.5 is circa 200hp and slightly quicker than 182 pace, obviously the 3.0 is a step up again, but no shame in going for the 2.5 ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Book figures for the 2.5 are a smidgeon optimistic. But as said up there with 182 pace.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well, I was over at Ant's place at the weekend, he had a quick go at polishing out a couple of minor scratches for me, this somehow resulted in a full snow foam, wash and wax! Today I have actual beading, I'll photo this on my lunch. It was so awesome that Gally would positively cream himself, but after quite a few miles in the rain and dirt, it's just now just regular awesome.

Is the insurance a lot different between the 2.5 and the 3.0 then? TBH I didn't even check the 2.5?

As for the car in general, the fact they were produced in this shape right up until 2007 or something means they really do look like a lot more money's worth of car than they really are.

Let me know how the test drive goes, sitting basically over the rear axle does make them feel proper quick so I'm sure you'll really enjoy it!

The 2.5 is circa 200hp and slightly quicker than 182 pace, obviously the 3.0 is a step up again, but no shame in going for the 2.5 ;)

I just hope the 2.5 can have the same sound generator mod as the 3.0, if it sounds as good he'll love it!

Cheers shortstack.

Never above 25mpg
Nice pics, great to see the car back in tip top condition!

That gearknob is only around £47 delivered on eBay from Cotswold BMW(I know as I've got one too :D), hope you didn't get bent over for it!!