ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E85 3.0 Z4 Roadster Project

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
If you get CSL's you may as well find a way to get angel eyes on there too..haha

Light up gear knob ftw.

If you'd just fitted it and taken pictures, people would love it. It's not like it lights up the whole of the interior. It's subtle.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I cannot get over how divided opinion is on things. I'm about to order a standard zhp knob though I think. It can come from the UK that way too.

*Puts hand up*

Love the car, btw

But - couldn't care less about the gear knob really ;)

CSL wheels all the way here :)

Cheers mate, the csl wheels will go on eventually, but I think I'm going to tidy up the standard ones first.

Myself, I prefer it if the c**kpit is wihtout lights when driving at night. if I could fit a SAABeqsque "Night-panel" switch to my car I'd do it in a snap.

But, of course, that's just my idea.

Besides, are you going to forget your gate pattern and need to stare at the shifter to remember which way it goes? I can't imagine so. It just seems tacky. Z4M-spec or not.

Oh, and CSL wheels are superior. WHich is probably why they cost :(

I just liked the look of the illuminated knob, and a bright cabin isn't something I'm too fussed about. BUT having looked I think a illuminated knob would need to imported, and I can't be arsed with that.

I would just like to reiterate how wonderful this car sounds :D

That is all.

Bet you had a look on pistonheads last night didn't you? ;)

Normal gear knob!! Wheels have grown on me though! Lowered = McDonalds carpark.

Alan, lowered on eibachs and 19's is pretty much unnoticeable to the naked eye. I'm going to tidy the standard ones up first though don't worry.

CSL's = only if you plan on selling Ching at local nightclubs.

Why so? I think they look pretty OEM?

If you get CSL's you may as well find a way to get angel eyes on there too..haha

Why so? Do you really think CSL's look that noticeably not standard to anyone not in the know?

It needs CSL's Rob.

Looking great :)

Cheers mate.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
For goodness sake man, buy something you like - if you want your knob to glow in the dark, get on with it !

People (hi) have slated your clothes/shoes/dresses for years on here yet you still dress like a lady.

:rasp:

Z4
My advice would be go for what you want mate.
You need to remember that the views on here are car enthusiast forum goers; we think about these things way too much!
I can assure you with a set of csls and a subtle drop the general public will not be shouting chav at you as you drive past lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Carbon looks alright..

Carbon_gr.jpg

Loving "Maritime"

maritime_gr.jpg

But this is the nuts..

4A4_alu_cirrus_gr.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Why so? Do you really think CSL's look that noticeably not standard to anyone not in the know?

They're just as bad as the older M3 wheels imo. Every chav with a BMW aspires to fit them.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Tom, mines looks more like the bottom one, it's just brushed metal. If the piece around the gearknob etc was in perfect nick I'd keep mine no contest, I'm just a fussy fucker.

That woodwork though, very... not me? ha

Called the place in essex for the gear knob, none in stock and it'll take until monday, boring.

White clique
Rob if you want the wood look trim i have a full set of unmarked wood trim in the original box taken off my 625 mile on the clock Z4 (which i switched to brushed ali) worth about £500 - you can have it for £2.50

To swap to brushed cost something stupid like £700.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I like the look of that carbon. Can't wait to get mine back, still got to post it mind :eek:

I <3 BMW, phoned parts, asked for the gearknob, £52, have it by sat morning. BONZA.

Alan - £2.50? Have you misplaced a decimal? I'd certainly give it a go! Baller spec.

Oh, another opinion (Tom, Ant), would a non gloss lacquer look better? Like a satin finish?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What wood? Light or dark?

I f**king think wood needs a comeback.

White clique
What wood? Light or dark?

I f**king think wood needs a comeback.

its a darker one, pretty sure its this - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/slinkyu2/Z4/WoodDash1.jpg

it might be the walnut but i dont think so, i seem to remember it being quite red / orangy in the light. I had it taken off before i took delivery of it so dont remmeber much about it!!

EDIT - Rob i'll dig it out tonight and post up a picture mate. £2.50, its brand new and unmarked. Dont say i dont look after you!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Since I purchased this car you've definitely been nicer to me Alan. That'd be awesome though, like really.

Edit: One more thanks mate

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Oh, another opinion (Tom, Ant), would a non gloss lacquer look better? Like a satin finish?

i was going to mention that, I'd be worried about glare from such a large dash area, but it wouldn't look very OEM in satin.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The current trim is quite "satin like" though, being brushed.

I'm going to get it done in carbon no matter what, as I've already got the trim and if I don't like it I'll pass it on to someone on the zed forum :)

I think that photo on ebay makes it look more shiny than it really is TBH.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Knowsit Tom.

Wick came out in it yesterday and was sold. Just buy one, you know it makes sense. No kids (that you know of) means two seats is just purrfect.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've made the educated decision today that I'll be replacing them with fully refurbed mint ones, an option that'll cost me £340 :( I have a £180 option, but this doesn't involve splitting them, and will powder coat over the bolt holes.

Funnily enough the guy on the forum that does them has PM'd me today saying he's got a set ready.

Then, I'll see about getting friendly with someone on the zed forums, and either trial fitting or just having a good look around one with CSL wheels.

Pick up the gear knob saturday morning, so that'll go on Saturday day.

Rob does make a convincing argument for 2-seater droptop living.

Autotrader enganged - Ahead SLK32!

Cars with two seats are so much more interesting, and not as expensive as 90% of the general population assume.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm looking at Z4's again :eek:

The maritime interior is awesome! Genuinely wood/would.