ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Duffman's (Dark) Chocolate Orange 172 (Long Running Project)

Chocolate Orange 172
Oh and I forgot to add this one, not to everyones taste but he was a legend and should be remembered!!

IMG_0048.gif

I also thought I would post some video links to my Santa Pod runs at the weekend, weather could have been better but a good result as my 15.3010 was enough to beat my mates best time of 15.4040 in his Saxo. Running commentry thanks to mine and my mates missus lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQGT...ADvjVQa1PpcFO_jB07rm6_fA8Ek0R5K4_tMZ1IIrwwiro

This was actually my first run where I set the quickest time between me and my mate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2kQ...ADvjVQa1PpcFO_jB07rm6_fNc4S4Lp0UkOs5hPE3vKsrw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzQF...ADvjVQa1PpcFO_jB07rm6_fON6oZvqkGvAPMmWFh5baLQ

All comments again welcome :D

Chocolate Orange 172
nice videos mate, 15.3 seems a decent time. what were your terminal speeds?

Average was 92mph mate, my mates average was 89mph

Need some matched inlets, panel filter and a re-map before I go down again and see how much difference it makes!

182 trophy
Average was 92mph mate, my mates average was 89mph

Need some matched inlets, panel filter and a re-map before I go down again and see how much difference it makes!

92 is pretty good like. Last time I went I was averaging 14.9 at 91mph. I only hit 92 once..
Did you have your full interior in?

Chocolate Orange 172
92 is pretty good like. Last time I went I was averaging 14.9 at 91mph. I only hit 92 once..
Did you have your full interior in?

No mate, rear was completely stripped, even down to the spare wheel being removed.

91mph is not a bad speed to be hitting the end of the strip at to be fair!

Chocolate Orange 172
that ford electric orange looks amazing! sadly the photos of the orange parts on the car don't do it justice :(

i wanna see more flake! :approve:

Cheers mate, the camera I have is not very good so had to use my Iphone (which is also crap) so yeah they really don't do it justice, really happy with how they came out after spraying them myself.

Need to get the rear diamond done now and finish the Clio badge and that will be the rear sorted!

Tangoed Works
Looks nice but the badge on the front and the bullets look a little ott. I would do the badge black along with the bullets. Paint the 2.0 16v part orange.

Chocolate Orange 172
are you going to do the diamonds in the centre caps orange?

I am watching some wheels in the style I want on Ebay so shall see how that goes, if I don't win them then I know someone who will refurb and spray my wheels for cheap so may get them to do it instead!

Looks nice but the badge on the front and the bullets look a little ott. I would do the badge black along with the bullets. Paint the 2.0 16v part orange.

I am toying with the idea of changing them but I must admit I do like the colour and the way it looks!!

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Good read that mate.
I've just got a set of 182 wheels, so my orange ones are gonna come up for sale soon.
I'll PM you when i've got a bit of time to clean em and take some better photos.