ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone own 2 Clio's?

BG 182 & 225 T
I have a nice 182 full fat edition and is quite nippy as it is, but i want to look into geting a track car (172 cup possibly) but unsure if i want another clio sport. Dont get me wrong i would swear down by them just wouldnt want to get fed up / dislike the change in driving between them!

probably each to there own, but wondering if anyone has 2 and how they find driving between them?

cheers!!

this is the clio i have just now;
image_zps78f7a0ec.jpg

image_zps55d57aa8.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have 2 currently but sometimes it swells to more :)

182 RB FF for the daily and MK1 turbo track car, so there's a bit of difference between them!lol!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Currently got:
Mk1 with a modified williams engine
Ph1 172 turbo
Ph2 172 with RS2 and 197 cams
182 more or less standard

Going to merge the Ph2 and 182 into one car when I get a chance though, as I see no point in owning two cars so similar, so I guess that would be my suggestion, if you are going to have one as a stripped out trackday car or a turbo project or something like that then 2 make sense but I can really see much point in owning two fairly standard ones at once.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
we had a BG FF 182 and the trackday Trophy as 2 clio's at once.

but saying that, we also had a 4x4 tow vehicle and a Green MK2 FRS at the same time aswell.

sold the BG182 and FRS over the past month or so now tho, temporarily a bit of space on the driveway and in the garage.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
If you own a 182, you won't need a track car. Just upgrade your current motor so it's useable daily and you can do a trackday or two. Most people on here spend a fortune on a second car to get it to track spec then sell it as it never gets used.

big boost cup
I own 3 very different clios.
Supercharged nitrous'd cup
04 dci 100
99 1.6 auto shed
slight difference in how they all drive

BG 182 & 225 T
If you own a 182, you won't need a track car. Just upgrade your current motor so it's useable daily and you can do a trackday or two. Most people on here spend a fortune on a second car to get it to track spec then sell it as it never gets used.

probably a valid point actually, just dont like the thought of thrashing my daily car tbh and i need the rear seats for my son so unsure what mods would be good on it.

182 and dci 100.

Flol if Dawn is selling up again...
what car is for sale?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lee, have you done trackdays before?

If not, do some in your 182 as standard which is well upto the job im sure, and see if you think they are for you.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Used to both very different though 1.5 diesel and a 3.0 V6 :)

Enjoyed it though and quite fancy a Trophy now

Cup In bits
If you do want a dedicated track car (more fun imo as theres no worry's of damaging it and not being able to get to work) its a good idea to have two same model cars as all parts can be shared between the two.

The 2nd Clio doesn't need much done to it (I.e cost a lot) its just nice to know you have another car.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I dont think the possibility of redundancy is very funny.

182 is a toy & needs to go.

BG 182 & 225 T
Lee, have you done trackdays before?

If not, do some in your 182 as standard which is well upto the job im sure, and see if you think they are for you.

i've not done one in my car yet, was at knockhill yesterday just thought about it but like you say try it first.

my car has the following upgrades so shoudn'd be too bad;

FK coilovers
Full Miltek System
Rs Tuner pop and bang remap
polybushed engine and gearbox mounts,
race steering wheel

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
i've not done one in my car yet, was at knockhill yesterday just thought about it but like you say try it first.

my car has the following upgrades so shoudn'd be too bad;

FK coilovers
Full Miltek System
Rs Tuner pop and bang remap
polybushed engine and gearbox mounts,
race steering wheel

I assume you have a decat if you are running pops and bangs (not a map but a calibration). I always tell people it's best to drive the car in the situation they are talking about before considering upgrades. As chip says.

You don't need to spend unless you feel you need it.

BG 182 & 225 T
I assume you have a decat if you are running pops and bangs (not a map but a calibration). I always tell people it's best to drive the car in the situation they are talking about before considering upgrades. As chip says.

You don't need to spend unless you feel you need it.

yeah it has a decat fitted, a few of my mates have clio sports too and mines is the faster out of the group so its not exactly slow for the track, my thoughts were like someone mentioned not having to worry about it gettung bumped on the track or being unrelyable

PB Clio 172
as someone said earlier yours is not a FF and as for the pops and bangs remap............. enjoy your engine while its lasts! lol

S4 Avant
as someone said earlier yours is not a FF and as for the pops and bangs remap............. enjoy your engine while its lasts! lol

Pops and bangs won't destroy his engine. It's just like antilag, so it might knacker the seals on his turbo.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Pops and bangs won't destroy his engine. It's just like antilag, so it might knacker the seals on his turbo.

It is just like (mild) Antilag.

you seem to be unaware though that Antilag also damages your engine not just your turbo?

If you use the pops and bangs a lot, you really should be prepared to expect reduced engine life as a result.

BG 182 & 225 T
what turbo? haha

there is loads of debates about the pops and bangs remap, but in the short run its done great for me and i cant complain!!

PB Clio 172
After 6000+ posts Dave.. thinks 182's now have turbo's! Lol

Pops and bangs for me is fun if your under the age of 23 and not worried about your engine

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
After 6000+ posts Dave.. thinks 182's now have turbo's! Lol

Pops and bangs for me is fun if your under the age of 23 and not worried about your engine

No me meant that it only harms your turbo so as you dont have one you have nothing to harm by using the map.

He is wrong of course, but thats what point he was trying to make, rather than thinking a 182 is turbo.