ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do i go for the gt

vauxhall corsa vxr
just been getting some quotes on a brand new gt and it works out less than insuring my 1.2 turbo, my car has got the keycard and i dont really wanna lose that also im paying £212 a month and dont really wanna go above that, what do people think of the gt and the turbo.
I also got one on the 200 and dont think i can go for that for a while as insurance was coming in over £1500 and im paying £750 now

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
get the 200 mate, ring a company called brent acre for ur insurance im payin 1995 quid a year and im 19 on my 200 but ur car has to be modded for them to insure it so alloys classes as the exterior mod and a panel filter classes as an engine mod and they will quote u really cheap

there number is 01792650933

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i dont see what you mean? you asked if you should swap your 1.2 turbo for a clio GT, yes but only if its a diesel one and now your talking about 2.2 hondas?

vauxhall corsa vxr
get the 200 mate, ring a company called brent acre for ur insurance im payin 1995 quid a year and im 19 on my 200 but ur car has to be modded for them to insure it so alloys classes as the exterior mod and a panel filter classes as an engine mod and they will quote u really cheap

there number is 01792650933

thanks mate will give them a call and get a quote, im 25 but i lost 2 years no claims, 2 years ago and got done over by an insurance company so now im back to 2 years no claims aswell as the accident on there

vauxhall corsa vxr
yeah i can get the honda at a really good price as a friend gets discount from them but its not my number one choice i have to say

vauxhall corsa vxr
yeah i want a gt, was just saying what id go for if it was a diesel i was after but would also consider the 200 if insurance was cheap enough

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
so you want a gt just ur going to get it with the useless engine instead of the good one? because instead of buying one with a good engine you would rather buy a honda.

god its late.

vauxhall corsa vxr
its mega late lol, the only thing the turbo clio and my next car are just stepping stones until my insurance comes down enough so i can get the car i want and the accident is off the insurance files

vauxhall corsa vxr
cause ive had nothing but trouble with this one since the day i picked it up and just before i was coming away last wednesday night it messed up again, the value of repairs exceed the value of the car, renault finance and renault uk would'nt let me hand the car back even with solicitors letters and if id of traded it in last year id be in negative equity, hence getting another car now to carry on with, is there anymore advantages besides getting better mpg in a diesel

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
cause ive had nothing but trouble with this one since the day i picked it up and just before i was coming away last wednesday night it messed up again, the value of repairs exceed the value of the car, renault finance and renault uk would'nt let me hand the car back even with solicitors letters and if id of traded it in last year id be in negative equity, hence getting another car now to carry on with, is there anymore advantages besides getting better mpg in a diesel

Eh diesels are good for mpg and general knockig about in but u won't get the same feel from a diesel as when u rev the 200 all the way to 7250 revs in 3rd gear! The feeling is awesome! I mean my step dads golf gt tdi is a deisel and that running 345/360bhp ish and it's still not as fun as my Clio! Do u want a comfy car with good mpg but no real sporting credentials then yeh get a diesel but if u want something u can rev high and thrash about in then go for the 200 and my 200 on a sensible run gives off about 35 mpg anyway

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The GT isn't worth it IMO. I had one as a courtesy car and it was gutless.

The RS Twingo with the same engine, more or less, is much more fun, and cheaper. We bought an RS Twingo and I prefer it to my 182.

The 200 is brilliant. But you have to make sure you can afford it. I'd have one but I don't want a finance deal when my 182's paid for and I want to move house.

Mini Cooper S
Get a RS200 mate. I wouldn't really see a GT as an upgrade from the TCE. The £1500 insurance would be worth it. What problems have you had with the car? Mine has been faultless.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
The GT isn't worth it IMO. I had one as a courtesy car and it was gutless.

The RS Twingo with the same engine, more or less, is much more fun, and cheaper. We bought an RS Twingo and I prefer it to my 182.

The 200 is brilliant. But you have to make sure you can afford it. I'd have one but I don't want a finance deal when my 182's paid for and I want to move house.

twigno rs is wicked, had a go in one when i was looking at cars, it was very chuckable and more fun than the 200 but it was too small inside for me (im a lank t**t)

vauxhall corsa vxr
Get a RS200 mate. I wouldn't really see a GT as an upgrade from the TCE. The £1500 insurance would be worth it. What problems have you had with the car? Mine has been faultless.

1st night i had it the whole power steering unit failed on the motorway going home cost renault £6500 to fix,then key card failed, fuel lines, dash clocks reading wrong, rear shock burst, anti roll bar come lose, drivers seat not fitted propa, rear bumper also not fitted, whole electrics failed, 2 more power steering issues, new dash clocks fitted that aint for my car, not showing the correct amount of fuel had that 4x, many arguments including a fight at the main dealer, many dealings with renault uk its that bad that when i phone renault uk they take my number plate and pass it straight to a case manager, had that many courtesy cars ive lost count, when i got sent to avis to get a car they had nothing left but said i can let you go out in a car that has just come back its an astra thats been in a front end smash around 2 hours ago, it looked a mess, the idle revs is running at under 500 and feels rough and slugish to drive and then last wednesday put fuel in and the car is still reading empty so not had the best time with my clio

Mini Cooper S
f**k....sucks to be you mate. That's s**t :(

I'm guessing all of this was done under warranty? Can you not complain to anyone with the amount of problems? Surely this car shouldn't be acceptable to drive....

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
just get the 200 u pansy :approve:

make sure u get it in storm grey, red or black!

vauxhall corsa vxr
has all been under warranty thank fully the hire cars suck though lol only had few good ones, the solicitor i used in the end even said i wasnt gunna get anywhere as renaults legal team are good there argument is if its fixable it aint an issue forget puting myself and my mrs in danger that didnt matter as renault gave me a £120 cheque lol thats what my life is worth, i even went as far as leaving the car on the drive for a month that got me know where, then drove all the way to the garage were they were taking a car out the showroom so me being me drove it right in he showroom parked, locked, threw them the keys and left, bout 5 hours later had phone call to say come and get the car or i will be charged full amount for finance and wont get the car back, i went to get it and ended up having a fight with the service manager in the car park a full on one, needless to say the next renault i buy wont be from renault liverpool

vauxhall corsa vxr
I'm having trouble believing a lot of this thread.

sound with me dont belive it, i have all my paper work for the car, also all hire car reciepts, all solicitor corrispondence, all renault letters. can maybe even try get the cctv off renault regarding the fight.
Now the thread was over me looking at gt so whats not to belive :)

Black Clio GT
i would have burnt it out and claimed elec fault etc.
you will struggle to get a gt diesel for under 215 a month.
mines a petrol on 5 years 0% with a 2k deposit and its 200 a month, got free met paint and free tomtom too....
it has its little niggles like most cars but imo if you can afford the 200 get one, i couldnt at the time(200 was closer to £300 a month and over twice the insurance cost)
i actually really like my gt, is nippy and fun to drive only thing that lets it down is 32mpg average but it does get driven pretty hard when im in it.......
spend a few hundred quid on a suspention kit, spacers and set it up its a pretty capeible car...

vauxhall corsa vxr
i didnt wanna make another claim on insurance after my first car, but that wa thought of after the first few visits to renault, im gunna go to anther dealership and see what type of deal they can offer also renault uk offered £1k against another car to solve the situation and get me out of this car, i am liking the gt and yeah the 200 is the one to have but gotta becareful with cash

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
sound with me dont belive it, i have all my paper work for the car, also all hire car reciepts, all solicitor corrispondence, all renault letters. can maybe even try get the cctv off renault regarding the fight.
Now the thread was over me looking at gt so whats not to belive :)

maybe you might get a nice court summons to go with all that:S:S

get rid an buy something else theirs no way in hell id buy another if i had this much trouble with Renault

personally id avoid a petrol gt the only one id consider is a dci

have you looked at the new ibizas ?

So you have finance on the turbo. Swapping cars will cause you no end of grief money wise.

But as Chris says, I'd much rather have a Twingo over the GT.

vauxhall corsa vxr
maybe you might get a nice court summons to go with all that:S:S

why would i get a court summons? he came at me threw the first punch so its classed as self defence, he kept his job and i went to a diffrent renault garage, so all good.

revels, have had a little look at the twingo but they are a lil bit small but are very fun to drive

daydots, you hear horror stories with every car its just unfortunate ive got one, doesnt make all renaults bad and i do love the way mine drives, hence the road trip last year from liverpool to southampton lol :cool: