ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

Got this today, horn now works and so does the fan.

IMG_4319.jpg

Moral of the story;
Listen to Alex W as his diagnosis is right, and I dont understand electric s**t.
Listen to sideways danny1 (or what ever Dan at 519's username is now) he said the fan probably didnt work ages ago when it kept getting hot.

clio 172 ph2
Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

Was that you who came into motorspares at around 4 ? If it was I sold you that contact cleaner and some silver paint!! ;)

Was that you who came into motorspares at around 4 ? If it was I sold you that contact cleaner and some silver paint!! ;)

Ayee that would be me lol, for the record im not normally that miserable. It had just been one of them days! lol

clio 172 ph2

Aha, its fine, small world if id have known could have done some discount, liking the car by the way been a silent watcher for a while now! :p

Many.

My name has no space!

Told ya.

Aha, its fine, small world if id have known could have done some discount, liking the car by the way been a silent watcher for a while now! :p

Thankyou! I dont know if ive ever seen your car, what colour is it?

Save the discount for next time! :)

My name has no space!

Told ya.

one day I will get your name right!

Yes you did, are you proud I fixed something electrical by spraying it? lol

clio 172 ph2

Black 172 ph2, 04 plate got my cs sticker in the window aha

clio 172 ph2

Often parked behind argos on a saturday?

Nope not me, to be honest normally parked down limetree place on saturdays but live outside stow (Finborough) so not left around town much,sure you'll see me about at some point

Replacement aerial fitted!
IMG_4320.jpg

Resprayed my bullets too, picked a reno colour. (iceburg silver)
IMG_4321.jpg

New v Old. They arent painted amazingly well, but for the price of the paint/very little of my time I cant complain.
IMG_4323.jpg

Before
IMG_4322.jpg

After. Colour isnt far off the wheels tbh.
IMG_4325.jpg

Then I made a small video which basically sums up the car.
[video=vimeo;99156078]https://vimeo.com/99156078[/video]

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Whats the aerial off? The standard one does look like a CB radio aerial! Lol

Whats the aerial off? The standard one does look like a CB radio aerial! Lol

I don't know came on the car, just a new base as the old one snapped off some how haha.

standard one is so s**t, makes it look like a remote control car

Rb 182

You got a pic of the ph2 boot with ph1 lights at all?

I feel dirty even asking...

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

You got a pic of the ph2 boot with ph1 lights at all?

I feel dirty even asking...

Don't fall into the dark zone...

dont own ph1 lights! Sorry :(

I'll get a picture at a meet if @Dr Jekyll let's me borrow his lights lol

Next time i see you i'll help Dave out by swapping lights but only this once!

SQ5

Needs an engine cover.

And my name on the V5!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

I have an engine cover Dan, maybe i could take away your engine cover virginity?

Thanks to Dr Jekyll my engine cover turned up.

Sat it on the engine, im not convinced. So looking for opinions on what to do, do I spray the inlets/cover? If so what colour combo? I plan to tart the engine bay up.

Oh and air filter is only temporary like that.

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

Cheers!

Many.

I don't like engine covers.

Painted rocker cover (A good job!), inlets etc looks good. Bin the hoist points.

Glad to be of assistance :)

Got there quick tbf.

It did and its in good condition too you were right!! Though I got excited thinking I had a hoover on my door step:eek:

I don't like engine covers.

Painted rocker cover (A good job!), inlets etc looks good. Bin the hoist points.

Hoists will come off, just sprayed them as they were tight and I feared snapping the bolt so will give them ago tomorrow.

Oh and you thought my spraying of engines was bad, the previous owner made a right mess of it. It also appear it used to be yellow.

Engine cover is staying as I just got it.

I was kinda thinking spray the inlets same colour as the throttle body (VHT Aluminium IIRC, below!) and do the engine cover pearl black?
IMG_4292.jpg

clio 172 ph2

spray the raised Renault sport on the inlet gloss black, I reckon that could look quite good. Also saw this parked in the doctors Friday hah when we walked past it was like I know who you are (was in a suit at the time) kind of, slightly strange ;) It did look really clean though nice car!!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

engine covers are tat.

Inferno 225 cup

Loose engine cover, spray inlets and fuel rail.

Clean all hoses, plastics and get brackets etc powder coated.

3a6a5uty.jpg

Looks 100% better but then you look at Phase1sr (Scott's) and loose the will to carry on :( lol.

Would love this though.

Inferno 225 cup
dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph...

Hate to say it but I'm really not a fan of that inlet.

It's not the best, it was a temp until I had the other ones matched and powder coated.

But I sold the car :(

Previous which looked a lot better.

7yhu9amu.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Looks 100% better but then you look at @Phase1sr (Scott's) and loose the will to carry on :( lol.

Would love this though.

Oh hi. :eek:

spray the raised Renault sport on the inlet gloss black, I reckon that could look quite good. Also saw this parked in the doctors Friday hah when we walked past it was like I know who you are (was in a suit at the time) kind of, slightly strange ;) It did look really clean though nice car!!

Unsure if Im a fan of of painting the lettering different, I did it on my flamer & I hated it. Might give it ago, as you can tell im very uncertain lol.
I thought I recognized you but you looked so different in a suit, Ill try to say hi next time!

engine covers are tat.

No comment.

Love it. Want it!

I love it too, see it in the flesh and you wont want it.

3a6a5uty.jpg

Looks 100% better but then you look at @Phase1sr (Scott's) and loose the will to carry on :( lol.

Would love this though.

It's not the best, it was a temp until I had the other ones matched and powder coated.

But I sold the car :(

Previous which looked a lot better.

7yhu9amu.jpg

First picture is a massive no lol, second picture just looks like it is now but cleaner and painted properly, maybe I should go down that route then worry about the engine cover after!

Actually the more I look the more I like that second picture!!

Stop making us feel inferior :eek: Your engine bay cleansing must of cost more than my car lol

Inferno 225 cup

It looks loads better in the second pic, if I'd of kept it, seeing what Scott's done to his id seen that as inspiration.

I did anyway before selling. Lol.

This happened. (Picture taken my passenger FYI)
A8364F9B-5DCB-400B-B36F-6BE9681B0864.jpg

This car is becoming an utter pain in the balls.

The temperate gauge likes to spike up and down, it will go all the way to the top then drop to mid way whilst driving along lol. Proper stumped on this as the only part that hasnt been changed in my ownership on the coolant system is the water pump. But it is pumping water as when I pulled a hose off it was shooting water out a fair pace (proper testing that).

Then the starting issue, sometimes it doesnt start and the little red immobilser lights flashes like mad. Same with both keys for the car. If you lock the car, unlock it and try again it will eventually work.

Anyone care to give me some ideas? ha