ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

phase 1 flamer 172
Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

And thanks dan for dropping it of.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

Just had a quick read through this thread and i love your old Ph1, especially this picture.

IMG_6424_Touristenfahrten27052012.jpg

Brilliant!

Many.

Don't remind him of that car again, he'll go even gayer again.

Does look good though...

Cheers Bonxy it was a nice car, Shame really! I hope to make this one better just not a track car.
AlexW you've called me gay & weird recently, your changing ha.

s**t day, s**t car.

Went to change the top mounts, battery was flat on my impact gun, so changed the throttle cable whilst that was charging.
IMG_4073.jpg

Cracked on with changing the top mounts, it didnt go well as they dont fit. The top hat bit doesnt fit the strut on the gaz coilovers. Always a good start.
IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

So i gave up and they are back on the same shelf they have sat on for the past 6 months.
IMG_4077.jpg

Put the car back together and re-set the camber. Waste of time.

The only reason I can think of them not fitting is that they are designed for standard shocks or something, need to speak to the person I bought them off and AST to get it rectified. Still need to speak to Gaz too :eek:

Many.

Speak to GAZ, Poss send your top mounts too with coilovers.

Its a problem on Vauxhalls, that I encountered. GAZ machined their rod to fit the top mount for me.

The front coilovers cant be sent anywhere, I need them to use the car lol. I havent got any spares either.

AST make different top hats, just a case of getting the right one.

first step is finding out what suspension they were previously used on.

Im only sending off the rear shocks to GAZ, when I sort it out lol

Many.

AH, I assumed you were doing the full set.. Ignore me.

172 cup, Impreza P1

I remember when I bought mine they asked if it was for coilovers or standard shocks so there must be a difference. I fear you have the standard shock version.

I did mention it AlexW but tbh the fronts are in half decent condition, eg they ain't pissing oil yet lol. Sorry if my reply sounded blunt!
Cupman29 that's my thinking too, I did ask if they were for coilovers or standard shocks, I was told coilovers but I have a feeling that wasn't true! Will wait for the seller to get back to me.

Don't suppose anyone knows the internal diameter of a standard top hat in a standard top mount?

if that makes sense :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Not good dan :( I have some standard top mounts if that helps you get out of a jam?

Cheers for the offer @Dr Jekyll , nothing wrong with the standard ones I just like the AST ones lol.

I forgot how much difference the new throttle cables make, its nice to have the pedals in a straight line, the throttle pedal was sagged down about 2" before changing it.

Also the person I bought these off got back to me, he ran these on AST Sportline 1's and also on standard shocks for a while.

I think ill just contact AST and see if they can help me :)

Ph2 boot fitted.

Wasnt really something I could take pictures of whilst doing tbh,

Old before shot of the boot, notice the badly sprayed badges and handle/lock bit. The boot was also bubbling with rust from the inside!
IMG_3864.jpg

Any how old boot off and Steve threading the wires through, easiest way to do it was with the boot laying on a sheet on the roof.
2268D34B-B87B-4BDF-B1F4-E08F77CBE4BE.jpg

Then it rained so I backed it into the garage for some shelter,
2FF47E41-CEBC-42AA-95B5-D03639409F5C.jpg

And done, needs cleaning!
IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

Then fitted 182 rear belt buckles, PH1 Belt buckles dont work with the 182 seat belts.
IMG_4108.jpg

And to celebrate I fastened the belts lol
IMG_4109.jpg

Productive 2 hours on the car!

Many.

Progress!

Steve doing work too?!

Ph2 boot looks much better. Now you just need a Ph2 dash.

Massive progress,

I ordered a bit of interior trim and fitted it :eek:
IMG_4116.jpg

A photo because it looks like its low/i like whoring/I got photoshop (can you tell? ;) )
IMG_4117.jpg

& a picture of the rear now its clean-ish.
IMG_4118.jpg

Peugeot 308

Glad to see this ***** of a car is still going! Pleaseeeee don't let it go lol!

Peugeot 308

its ticking along nicely on 122k lol, needs paint attention but mechanically it's sound still!

i won't break this one!

Glad to hear it! I let her go on 116k I think! Has it still got a map on it? lol.

I havnt been on here for ages so just having a quick catch up & wow you've made some nice changes to it Dan, looks so much better on the silver f1s & the ph2 boot looks great.