ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Peugeot 308
Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

Yes it does have the pops and bangs map on it, its so annoying lol

Lol I remember trying to drive around purposely trying to not get it popping and banging :eek:

Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

To bring this upto date & I know it might seem like a lot of pictures but I tried to take more pictures whilst doing stuff :eek:

First up got another set of front seats off meekings14 as they were in better condition than mine.

the pictures make no sense really as it rained but here goes,
IMG_4120.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

Then I found this and covered the seats in it.
IMG_4122.jpg

Moving on from the seats I then changed the throttle body due to it sticking, tricky decision choosing one.
IMG_4123.jpg

I then pulled it apart,
IMG_4126.jpg

Swapped the torx bolts out for a normal headed bolt,
IMG_4125.jpg

Back together and working,
IMG_4127.jpg

I then sprayed more of this on the seats,
IMG_4128.jpg

They ended up like this, still need to order new mats!
IMG_4158.jpg

I then recieved a little delivery from Renault Wolverhampton, cracking service as always!
IMG_4136.jpg

I then debagded the rear,
IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4133-1.jpg

Abit of spit later and it look like this,
IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135-1.jpg

This was in my delivery,
IMG_4138-1.jpg

I then stuck it over the holes from the clio badge, again getting over excited with the pictures.
IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

Then I changed the thermostat. First off I would like to mention that it was filled with the most disgusting, sludgy, pissy smelling coolant ever. I flushed it through quickly and the smell was awful.
IMG_4146.jpg

Bit close to the garage floor,
IMG_4148.jpg

Found a split radiator hose,
IMG_4153.jpg

Luckily I have a silicone set,
IMG_4154.jpg

I also changed the hose from the top of the thermostat to the expansion bottle whilst I was there,
IMG_4155.jpg

My delivery also included a new seal to go along the grill area, NEW V OLD
IMG_4156.jpg

I then re-bled the coolant system using water. Purely because ive got to change the rest of the hoses and fit the polo rad at some point. Probably when I remove the air-con tbh. Anyways back together.
IMG_4157.jpg

And that brings it upto date.

Next up,
Ph2 Dash swap AlexW we need to sort a date for this ;)
Order mats
Get rear shocks / springs back from Gaz
Remove air con/fit silicone hoses/remove carbon cannistor/ fit polo rad.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Black Ph.1 looks awesome.

Don't do the dash swap, I like being special :dapprove: (DO IT)

Black Ph.1 looks awesome.

Don't do the dash swap, I like being special :dapprove: (DO IT)

cheers! Sorry to dissappoint but this will be the 3rd ph1 dash I've converted lol

Im a huge fan of the ph1 front end but that's about all I'm bothered about tbh,

Many.

Looking good buddy.

Remind me at Southend about dash swap and we'll sort out a day.

Looking good buddy.

Remind me at Southend about dash swap and we'll sort out a day.

Cheers! Don't forget the door cards / AST bits :)

I was looking at it last night, there's only really the hazard button & door lock button to wire. Heated rear screen doesn't work since swapping the boot so that doesn't matter tbh, though I'm sure you'd like to get it done properly!

Many.

Shouldn't take too long.

Hazard switch and lock switch will be hardest, not impossible though.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Looks lovely Dan, although I am a bigger fan of the 197 badge as opposed to the 200 one.

Either way, ph2 bootlid has cleaned it up no end :)

Shouldn't take too long.

Hazard switch and lock switch will be hardest, not impossible though.

You got a ph2 loom? Surely that will help us!

Looks lovely Dan, although I am a bigger fan of the 197 badge as opposed to the 200 one.

Either way, ph2 bootlid has cleaned it up no end :)

cheers :) it does look simpler with the ph2 boot, new plates will finish it off nicely now!

Fresh plates, Craig. happy now? ;)

IMG_4159.jpg

& fitted. Looks better IMO.
IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

Thats the outside done until/If I start getting stuff resprayed.

SQ5

FFS Dan, I wasn't it even more now! Looks fresh!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

I think standard sized plates look spot on on the ph1. 3/4 plates just look a little odd. IMO

I think standard sized plates look spot on on the ph1. 3/4 plates just look a little odd. IMO

I agree. After having a 3/4 plate of my monaco I will never have one again. I made it probably a mile from my house when I was pulled over and fined lol, waste of money that was!!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Admittedly they look good on the ph2 as they fit the recess great but look too small on ph1s.

Plus as you say, fines are not worth worth it.

Worked out £35 per mile by the time I drove it home to swap it back lol,

In other news my rear shocks have been serviced, just waiting on a call from gaz to pay for them & a new set of rear springs. Great service from them so far!!

Received a rather anticipated box today from Gaz.
IMG_4185.jpg

Which held to nicely refurbished rear shocks and two brand new springs.
IMG_4186.jpg

Basically look brand new :eek:
IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

And the best bit was the price.
IMG_4190.jpg

Unfortunatly Im not going to get a chance to fit them for a while due to other commitments, though Im desperate to get them on as one of my standard rear shocks is oozing oil now too.

As for Dealing with Gaz;
the price of the servicing is ridiculously good
the service is spot on, really helpful and friendly
the turn around is super fast, I only posted them Last Wednesday via 48hour courier
they called to check if I wanted to change the spring rates and talked me through the difference it would make.

For once I can not grumble!

Got round to fitting my springs/shocks.

Old v New,
IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

This was the height before,
IMG_4191.jpg

This was after, looks no different to me! Though Ive wound the adjuster plates down to half way, will wait and see how it sits in a few days and adjust it accordingly from there. I imagine it will drop slightly as the sprins are new.
IMG_4195.jpg

Got some wipers too :eek:
IMG_4196.jpg

@AlexW kindly donated some door cards from a cup he once had, pauper spec light weight ;)
IMG_4197.jpg

Reason why I swapped them, this had happened on both. Why glue it back down when you can just swap them?
IMG_4198.jpg

Random door picture
IMG_4199.jpg

Unfortunatly I lost one of the bits the door pops onto, anyone know where to order them from?
IMG_4200.jpg

That is all :eek:

Oh and I seriously need to clean it myself, with polish & s**t. The paint work is getting very sad looking

Twingo Dynamique

I think I've got a pack of them, got them from dad. How many do you need? Could wiz over some point this week probs?

I think I've got a pack of them, got them from dad. How many do you need? Could wiz over some point this week probs?

Cheers mate! Only needing one, im away after today im afraid but ill sort it when I see you next if thats cool?

Twingo Dynamique

Whenever mate :) haha my exams finish next Thursday, so I'll come along to some meets or be up for some socials after then :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I do like this car ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Love this car. Very nearly bought a black ph1 before the monaco but it sold just at the last minute. Every time I look in here I want to sell up LOL.

Nice surprise when you got the Gaz invoice I imagine. Silly cheap.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

I wouldn't clean it with sh*t mate, that will make it look worse! :rasp:

Nice result from Gaz. Not too sure they get slated really :S

Whenever mate :) haha my exams finish next Thursday, so I'll come along to some meets or be up for some socials after then :)

Im not home till the weekend, but we will have to sort something out. Even if its just Dominos again lol

I do like this car ;)

Thankyou, its still s**t though ;)

Love this car. Very nearly bought a black ph1 before the monaco but it sold just at the last minute. Every time I look in here I want to sell up LOL.

Nice surprise when you got the Gaz invoice I imagine. Silly cheap.

See Ive had a monaco and it has to be said, it is one of the best colours for the 172 but I have a need for a ph1 I guess. Sell up, buy another one ;) CS standard procedure that!

& yeh proper happy with the price, less than quoted too! Tempted to send the front off now because Im so happy with the rear.

I wouldn't clean it with sh*t mate, that will make it look worse! :rasp:

Nice result from Gaz. Not too sure they get slated really :S

It probably would look better, I was thinking of cleaning it today but its really hot and Id rather not spend to much time in the sun after the weekend im a little red.

No Im unsure why they do too, Been around several years and the car responds as well as any on the spax's ive previosuly owned. Also knowing how good their customer service is makes you want to stick with them.

For example, contacted AST about these top mounts that I got back off Alex as they dont fit the Gaz/Standard shocks. Although I bought them 2nd hand you'd think they would try help. 2 weeks later and they havent returned my calls/emails. Bit disappointed in them really.

Took the car to be cleaned at a local car wash then for a drive around some of Suffolks back roads, pointless cleaning the car really as its dusty already.

Seems to be handling much better now on the Gaz rear shocks, think Im going to spend abit of time/money dialing in the geometery as its working pretty well now but I know it can be better!

Thought Id stop and take a few pictures in a disused industrial park on the way back, forgot that I have the CPL filter on the camera so had to edit the pictures as they just looked weird.

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

Need to lower the front abit more IMO. (abit means a tiny weeny bit)
IMG_4212.jpg

Hopefully the rears will drop slightly more in the coming week.
IMG_4225.jpg

Certainly a nice car to look I think.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I wouldn't touch that front at all - that's spot on for me.

Some progress has been made.

First off I took 3 throttle bodies and dismantled them.
IMG_4268.jpg

Leaving me with this,
IMG_4272.jpg

I noticed some weird things, such as egg shaped holes.
IMG_4276.jpg

& broken circlips.
IMG_4274.jpg

Set about cleaning them up, the sand blasting place beside my yard is shut due to annual leave. So I did the next best thing, used come coca cola.
IMG_4278.jpg

I then de-greased them and they are pretty clean. I got some new circlips, some loctite and some grease. Look at that for precision lol
IMG_4292.jpg

Oh and it got painted and fitted, works a treat! Only re-assembled one for the time being.
IMG_4300.jpg

I sold my AST top mounts to @AlexW but they didnt fit his standard supension either, so with no help from AST (poor customer service IMO, every customer counts however small surely?) I did some modifications and they fit fine! Wanted to add some lows too, but the coilovers are proper seized!
IMG_4280.jpg

Set to max castor. Arch liners gone due to rubbing. Oh and running 2.5' camber.
IMG_4286.jpg

Then my attention turned to the interior.
@hiben1 and @Ste101 came round and hired a rug doctor (steam cleaner) they kindly cleaned my interior for me, the passenger seat was disgusting. someone has s**t them selves on it previously we decided.
IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

Look at that filth!
IMG_4289.jpg

Much cleaner now!
IMG_4316.jpg

Got some new mats too, old v new.
IMG_4264.jpg

They match my ph2 interior nicely!
IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

I removed the aircon, this is the least pictured part lol

To summaries,
Megane alternator set up fitted
Polo Rad fitted
Silicone hoses fitted
Pacet slimline rad fitted
Induction kit changed ( need to sort something better out)

Before
IMG_4283.jpg

After
IMG_4299.jpg

Removed parts, also got rid of the block of metal under the engine mount.
0F850FCC-F71E-4FA0-85BD-4441318D7F87.jpg

Lost my aerial too, temporary fix which I think has blown off already :eek:
IMG_4291.jpg

And finally some whoring,
IMG_4305a.jpg

IMG_4306a.jpg

IMG_4304a.jpg

IMG_4313a.jpg

All in all good weekend, car now handles better and is lighter and easier to work on.

Next;
change brakes - calipers, pads, discs, braided lines. (all of which i have bar the discs)
make horn work
make rad fan work
get tracking done
maybe add bigger spacers on front
replace aerial
ph2 dash swap
re-spray inlets/ fuel rail guard

Thankyou if you read all that, bit heavy on the pictures :eek:

x

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Good progress mate :)

How comes you decided to remove the air con? To release a little more va va voom or to create a bit more space or both or more?

Why you thinking about bigger front spacers?

Also i think the front is fine, it doesn't need to go lower. IMO.

Many.

Looking good dude.

25mm front spacers? lol

Good progress mate :)

How comes you decided to remove the air con? To release a little more va va voom or to create a bit more space or both or more?

Why you thinking about bigger front spacers?

Also i think the front is fine, it doesn't need to go lower. IMO.

Thankyou!

Because I had the set up sitting in the garage, air con never worked anyway and im not used to having it. I also like the extra space it creates. Mainly I love simplicity, im still tempted to try it with out PAS :eek:

Its seized so it cant go lower, for now! As for spacers with the castor/camber the wheels are looking pretty hidden up front now so Im debating a change. I can try the 5mm rear spacers on the 20mm front and see how that looks before I commit!

Looking good dude.

25mm front spacers? lol

Cheers! 25/30 need to do some testing. I think ill be changing to hub spacers on the rear too, shame they dont make .5' camber ones though!

Had a quick play around with the relays/fuses, no luck yet! Is that contact cleaner spray any good? Might give it ago if so!

Many.

You can buy .5 shims, that'd be sweet.

Contact cleaner is the ideal stuff. OR I'll pop over when I have time.

Looking good mate. How was the coke for stripping crap off? Work well?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Makes sense mate. When I set mine on max camber the 20mm look too small so I see where your coming from.

You can buy .5 shims, that'd be sweet.

Contact cleaner is the ideal stuff. OR I'll pop over when I have time.

Ill look into them then! who makes them?

I need to get some siver spray paint so ill get some contact cleaner too :) If I still cant fix it then youll have to, I dont do electrics lol

Looking good mate. How was the coke for stripping crap off? Work well?

It worked wonders! When I first tried to clean them I sprayed them with some brake cleaner, it hardly moved anything. But after soaking them in coke and respraying them with brake cleaner the s**t fell off! I was suprised how well it worked.

Under £1 too!
IMG_4277.jpg

looks good dan :D

Cheers mate! still need to sort out a ph1 photo shoot :eek:

Makes sense mate. When I set mine on max camber the 20mm look too small so I see where your coming from.

Im not even running max camber! But they are looking hidden, ill have a play about! I can build it up to 30mm to see what its like safely using my 5mm spacers! ( I wont drive it though, thats asking for trouble as there will be hardly any thread in)

What rear spacers have you got on yours mark?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Scary what coke can do :eek: yet we still drink it lol

I got 10mm rear hub spacers with no camber.

Scary what coke can do :eek: yet we still drink it lol

I got 10mm rear hub spacers with no camber.

Ive actually stopped drinking it except if I go out for a meal, its my treat these days! lol

nice, I dont know wether to 10 or 15 then add .5' camber. If I go 10 and its not enough I can use my 5mm spacers I guess. Oh decisions.