ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJRoberts/DannyR Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

SQ5
I cant wait to see this when you come t'up North again.... pop in for a brew Danny ;)

Next Saturday good for you then? Hopefully will be :)

Deal! I'll pay for the charger, you pay the labour to get it fitted to my car :rasp:

Umm the Charger plus components is a lot of money, Kieran you may of got a good deal out of that, especially since your only paying Labour and its only going to be on your car :p

I've witnessed this and is now a legal contract ;)

S4 Avant
Umm the Charger plus components is a lot of money, Kieran you may of got a good deal out of that, especially since your only paying Labour and its only going to be on your car :p

I've witnessed this and is now a legal contract ;)

Ah feck.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Your back this Sat? I should have my freshy £1200 serviced TVR back by then so i may pop up.

SQ5
You have far too much money ;)

I'll let you know if were up and pop down as well be bored for a few hours!

SQ5
Still waiting for the restrictor plate at the moment but I'll get you around 630 I'd imagine!

I'll bring the camera kieran :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
WTF is going on with this mate? you got it or wha? Ive not been on here in weeks!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Not crashed into someone due to not been able to see over the steering wheel yet?

SQ5
Not crashed into someone due to not been able to see over the steering wheel yet?

Priiiiick!

Won't be up tomorrow as restrictor plate not ready. Thursday is the day, but there is a trackday tomorrow at Snetterton and it would be rude not to ;)

v6
Priiiiick!

Won't be up tomorrow as restrictor plate not ready. Thursday is the day, but there is a trackday tomorrow at Snetterton and it would be rude not to ;)

Oooh, may pop along to say hi and bring the camera :) (and a booster seat ;)!)

SQ5
Well, had my final mapping session today at RSTuning, up at 6 and off for the 3 hour journey! Got it on the rollers and was already running just over 200 with the restrictor at 29.1mm.

After Paul working some magic it ended up running 238.5bhp/198lbft @ 0.45bar boost and 199.9bhp at the wheels! The way it now picks up is unreal, takes a bit of holding on when giving it some, it will take some getting used too! Overall I'm very happy with the work done, so big thanks to Paul and everyone else at RSTuning!

Artic 182
Well done Danny! Look forward to seeing it. Might be doing a half day at Snetterton in september for £80 if your interested? Wasnt going to track the clio but the girlfriend is bugging me too... Haha

SQ5
Well done Danny! Look forward to seeing it. Might be doing a half day at Snetterton in september for £80 if your interested? Wasnt going to track the clio but the girlfriend is bugging me too... Haha

Do you mean December as you've missed September ;) I've got one Sunday possibly but definitely the 19th, I can probably get you on for a day at that price, thats bloody expensive!

199 atw?!

Must go like a f**king rocket!

In second gear rolling about 30 its immense. Around our way there are a few test roads, I'm getting 15mph more at the on which is on my route home!

Artic 182
Do you mean December as you've missed September ;) I've got one Sunday possibly but definitely the 19th, I can probably get you on for a day at that price, thats bloody expensive!

Ohh, do tell your cheapness secrets? I miss my trackcar:(

Artic 182
I got a supercharger today. All it cost me was a dry powersteering pump. It's like one of those fake dumpvalves on ebay now, all the noise

White Evo V
Glad its all sorted now and running well. How come you're running less boost than Ben_stevo's ph2, isn't his 0.6 bar? Have you still got plans to build a new engine for high boost?
Russ

Its probably wise tbh, itl be alot safer at 0.45 bar even if its slightly lower on power. Dannys restrictor size is different, when Paul put the same size restrictor as mine on Danny's car it was running 0.1 bar of boost! :S Even Paul was confused! So Danny's is running a bigger restrictor ring but slightly less power, weird I know!

Bet it feels lot better now doesnt it Dan? Mines just immense now its stripped! Just cant believe how much quicker it is! I have a stretch of carrigeway on my way home from work and when finishing at 11pm its nice and quiet so its a good thrashing road! I used to hit 130 then had to start braking, Now I hit the limiter in 5th - 146, on the same road!! Epic! :D

In the summer im gunna have to get myself to Snetterton, try keep up with you Danny, you probs know that place like the back of your hand!

SQ5
Its probably wise tbh, itl be alot safer at 0.45 bar even if its slightly lower on power. Dannys restrictor size is different, when Paul put the same size restrictor as mine on Danny's car it was running 0.1 bar of boost! :S Even Paul was confused! So Danny's is running a bigger restrictor ring but slightly less power, weird I know!

Bet it feels lot better now doesnt it Dan? Mines just immense now its stripped! Just cant believe how much quicker it is! I have a stretch of carrigeway on my way home from work and when finishing at 11pm its nice and quiet so its a good thrashing road! I used to hit 130 then had to start braking, Now I hit the limiter in 5th - 146, on the same road!! Epic! :D

In the summer im gunna have to get myself to Snetterton, try keep up with you Danny, you probs know that place like the back of your hand!

My restrictor is smaller, its 29.1mm and yours is 30mm. Keeping it a little lower isn't a bad thing as I imagine mine will do a lot more track work than yours. My limiter isn't at 146 apparently ;)

It's a lot smoother now its mapped properly and just runs a lot better. Got to sort out the first boost pipe though as it fell off last night, wasn't on quite right, its in an arse of place too!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
OOOOO nice results danny.

I'm jealous i don't own a S/C Clio tbh PMSL!

SQ5
Quick update as not done much lately!

These turned up today :)

bb47ef65.jpg

so I'll be fitting them over Xmas! Exhaust isn't liking the boost, all needs to be redone from the cat back! Probably getting a custom one made up!

Car is returning 250 miles per tank with varied hard and easy driving which is quite respectable as it's not much different to before!

BMW M135I
Car is returning 250 miles per tank with varied hard and easy driving which is quite respectable as it's not much different to before!

Thats really good, i know i get about 270-280 out of £40 but i do a lot of cold starts with uni and 2 90 mile runs on motorway but for sake of another 70-80 miles, this would be more fun