ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diesel clio sport??

TT 225+
dont know about anyone else but i think it would be a good idea lol. 2.0 tdi, more insurance friendly and would uproot buildings with torque! who would buy one if it was put into production and sold??:rasp:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd defo buy one, i think a Skoda VRS type car thats abit faster and not a skoda would sell well.

CB600FS
MK3 Clio GT with the M9R 150bhp would be good bump it up to 180 and the 197 boys would be crying though they'd never do it :dapprove:

320d
If it was as good in the twisties as a 197 and looked like one i'd consider it. Would have to have the 175bhp engine in though.

Ex-User (36231)

ClioSport Club Member
Bloke I carshare with has a meg 175dci remapped to 205bhp damn that shifts some. Tis a heavy car though. Great in twisties. Not as quick as my cup though :p

TT 225+
granted it would sound like a tractor, but just imagine 30-70 in 4th gear. it would be awesome, plus im sure you could buy some kind of milltek zorst and it may sound ok

+3 150 tdi :)

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Id definitely want one! But I would still need a proper petrol 197 to make myself feel better :rasp:

Evo
Currently got a Passat 2.0 tdi sport (170bhp) as a courtesy car and in some ways i prefere its performance to my 197.

The engine is so flexible and its just pulls off the line like nothing else, when the boost kicks in just lights up the front tyres haha :p

Theres nothing faster than a hire car :p

rps13
diesel engines are heavy and ruin the handling of a car. that's pretty much all the RS clios are about. that's why there isn't one!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
diesel engines are heavy and ruin the handling of a car. that's pretty much all the RS clios are about. that's why there isn't one!

It doesn't have to though. look at the meg 175. Its only a second or something daft behind the Focus ST on the track. The Astra 888 was as quick as the VXR too. They can't be that bad at handling can they??

rps13
the handling is absolutely awful, especially in comparison with a 225 or r26 naturally.

a diesel engine is easily 100kg's heavier than its petrol counterpart.

imagine taking a corner with a 16 stone chick on your bonnet

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR

the handling is absolutely awful, especially in comparison with a 225 or r26 naturally.

a diesel engine is easily 100kg's heavier than its petrol counterpart.

imagine taking a corner with a 16 stone guy on your bonnet

Serious comedy right there!

A diesel Clio sport would be good. I wouldn't be suprised to see a warm Clio diesel this time round tbh. But then what power output would it have? Even with 150hp it would be a challenger to the Megane dci sport.

I think if it's going to happen, the Megane diesel will get a power hike, and the Clio might get a 150hp engine. That would be a brilliant car tbh, if it looked like the 197.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Serious comedy right there!

A diesel Clio sport would be good. I wouldn't be suprised to see a warm Clio diesel this time round tbh. But then what power output would it have? Even with 150hp it would be a challenger to the Megane dci sport.

I think if it's going to happen, the Megane diesel will get a power hike, and the Clio might get a 150hp engine. That would be a brilliant car tbh, if it looked like the 197.

+1
To say the 175 has awful handling when it can keep up with a focus ST that has a fair bit more power is laughable really.
It's only a matter of time before they make one tbh.

rps13
i'm not saying it would be s**t.

it would plough through corners and into hedges.

i guess you could just carry right on a plough your field with it though

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
how are diesel engines heavy and all the other stuff you have been saying? Did you know the seat leons (amongst other cars) in the BTCC are diesels? Do they handle? Yes they do.

Clio 182
According to parkers the 1.4 16v dynamique 3dr clio weighs 980kgs.
The 1.6 16v weighs 1020kgs
and my dci 80 dynamique 3dr weighs 975kgs.
So that shows that deisels arn't necessarily heavier. The dci is infact lighter, and more powerfull when remaped.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

And i suppose thats why a megane 175 dci laps quicker around bedford than a clio trophy.

TT 225+
i hope they do bring one out, im sort of looking for a new one anyway so il wait and see if they bring out maybe even a 110 dci would be ok once remapped :) (and a bigger turbo) :p