ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did insurance really go up that much?!

mk2 ph2 172 Flamer
well, to start with my insurance is ending soon, i was insured with churhill up to now so called them about my renewal, and they say the insurance prices went up and i'll have to pay almost twice as much. Is this possible? Any adwice what should i do?
Thanks for any help,
Adam
hope this is the right section.

Listerine & Poledo
confused.com for a basic idea of who's better.
then ring up the choiciest companies.

Every time you read about how some child has bought a 1X2 and promptly binned it, THAT's why your insurance went up :(

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I paid £350 last year and the best i've found this year is £453, so it's true that it's going up for everyone (including old people)

Keep looking though, Even if you still can't better the renewal quote, no-one can say you didn't try.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Get a fresh quote with them, don't mention your an existing customer and then see what it costs. My renewal on my old 172 was £2400, when I did an online quote with them it was £800, go figure.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
my renewal was more for the twingo than my old 182, they wanted £390 fc. 5 minutes on confused.com and I got it for £198 :)

Get a fresh quote with them, don't mention your an existing customer and then see what it costs. My renewal on my old 172 was £2400, when I did an online quote with them it was £800, go figure.

This... I called admiral with my renewal and then told them the price I got online... They matched the online quote apologised for the discrepancy, knocked off 40 quid and threw in brakedown cover :)

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I'm with Admiral and my insurance went down this year by a few quid. Got my renewal through the post today and was expecting it to be about £650ish based on quotes I had been getting online - renewal price was £461 FC with Protected NCB on a 182 so called up and sorted it there and then.

Really pleased, details are: 26 years old, 8 years NCB, good postcode etc

mk2 ph2 172 Flamer
called churhill today and they said they can't do any better so I just cancelled it. I was always happy with them but apparently i was wrong...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with Admiral and the reminder will be through soon. Not looking forward to it tbh - living as far away from Bolton as Pluto is from the Sun - still means we get dry-riggot-humped from having a BL postcode.

Cnuts. I utterly, utterly, hate, detest, despise and generally would like to ignore (given the legal choice) car insurance full stop. Now 36 and I still feel as much angst again it as I did when I passed at 17.

D.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Insurance has gone up considerably. I heard on the radio recently that insurance has had the biggest % increase over anything else.

I just got my renewal from Privilege. £2460. I think not. Best I could get yesterday was £1300. 26, 8yrs NCB, no accidents, SP30.

Managed to so today far get it down to £460 through Greenlight including mods so i'm happy with that.

Got my insurance renewal quote from Adrian Flux and its gone down about £100 ..I pay under £500 for my TT :D (its good being old..lol)....but my tax has gone from £245 to £260!!!!!!!!

Mondeo TDCi
Insurance has gone up considerably. I heard on the radio recently that insurance has had the biggest % increase over anything else.

I just got my renewal from Privilege. £2460. I think not. Best I could get yesterday was £1300. 26, 8yrs NCB, no accidents, SP30.

Managed to so today far get it down to £460 through Greenlight including mods so i'm happy with that.

I used greenlight last year £350 for the year and this year £430. Nowt you can do about it, they were the cheapest by far.

Ph 1 172
i got told it had gone up as well.....but with a lot of calling aorund i managed to get it for £150 cheaper this year £750>£600 :)

Giulietta 940
Got mine down £430 from previous year, and about £250-300 from renewal quote. Greenlight ftw.

Storm Grey 200
My renewal just came through from brentacre at £1468

When I had the modified 172 they were the obvious choice, cheaper than others and know their stuff. But now I'm back in a standard car I decided to go with a mainstream insurance company.

Just took out insurance for £752, what a saving :)

21, 4NCB, SP30

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I am with HIC and my renewal is coming up at the end of this month, last years was 500 quid or so and this years renewal they have just sent me is £2350.....pmsl
I`m 35 with 9 years ncb which is on my van that i use every day, i have a ph1 172 which was only insured for 5,000 miles per year and i only used as a summer toy.
Just been on "go compare" but still getting quotes of £800 quid or more, i live in Kent and the car is parked on my drive.

A money pit
My renewal just arrived from privilege and it was £150 more than last year. Called up to see if they would match the previous year as before and they just wouldn't do it. The price comparison websites were a waste of time. So I called Sky insurance and they beat privilege's renewal by £120, but it was still £30 more than the previous year. Called Brentacre and they beat Sky by another £50. Both Brentacre and Sky offered much better terms the what I had with privilege. Bearing in mind I am is a very low risk area, 28 and 8yrs ncb, I just couldn't get my head around how privilege could put the insurance up by nearly 25%!

Lou

My renewal came through from aviva at £510, paid £415 last year! Have managed to get a quote from Direct Line for £444!

26 year old, 6 years NCB (protected)

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
My renewal just arrived from privilege and it was £150 more than last year. Called up to see if they would match the previous year as before and they just wouldn't do it. The price comparison websites were a waste of time. So I called Sky insurance and they beat privilege's renewal by £120, but it was still £30 more than the previous year. Called Brentacre and they beat Sky by another £50. Both Brentacre and Sky offered much better terms the what I had with privilege. Bearing in mind I am is a very low risk area, 28 and 8yrs ncb, I just couldn't get my head around how privilege could put the insurance up by nearly 25%!

my motorbike renewal went up nearly 300%, luckily it was only £80 last year but they want £300 this year. ffs I'm 41 and 13 years ncb, hardly a risk.

5 mins online and i can get it for £99, gonna phone around this week to see if i can get it any cheaper still.

Last years was around £1100. Just had renewal through and it's down to £606. 25, 3 years NCB, no accidents, 3 points - SP30, girlfriend on policy and an A grade postcode. Im pretty happy with that tbh.

Clio 182
Had my renewal through from Elephant.co.uk - £629 which was around £100 more than last year.

After trawling through comparison sites I couldnt find cheaper. I then phoned Adrian Flux who were £600, then tried Sky which dropped it to £542 and lastly tried Greenlight who dropped it to £499 - Sold! Comprehensive policy with protected no claims!

27 year old, male, 8 years ncb SO16 postcode.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
mine went up nigh on 75% from last year, managed to get a quote for pretty much last years quote from privalige sp* who are admirals sister compmany.. they matched it knocking £700 off thier own renewal quote... madness

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
KwikShit Insurance wanted £1050 for renewal (and offered me a reduction in price of £115 per month...when I was paying £85 a month before!)

Went online to Co-Operative insurance, £680 including the interest for paying monthly!!!

1.2 16v clio
Some people at my work had their quotes and it was more expensive then the previous year, they got around this by adding the mrs as a named driver to the policy...one guy reckoned he got £100 off not tried it myself but maybe worth a go