ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diary of a GT

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
£3700 is insane. INSANE. Have a proper shop around. I had a 172 Cup at 18 and was £1800 including mods (wheels/exhaust/induction kit/audio etc).

And ignore all the "don't prang it" messages. I'm 23 now and never had an accident yet *touches shitty IKEA "wood" desk*

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Ive done Adrian Flux, they told me to call them, so i will tomorrow! Tesco were pretty cheap and Direct Line wasnt that good. Ive done a few but i will try bell next! Thanks for the tip mate!

Mk3 1.2
Well i just did a quick quote up and the latest cheapest is Quinn Direct for £3250, and £1200 if my mum is main driver!

I take that price is with you holding a provisional and not a full? Be wary of quinn they offer good price to learners but when you inform them you passed the premium will go up a huge amount. They did it to me, My 06 mk3 1.2 was £1600 while i was learning, rang them up on the day i passed and they wanted £2800!! Was expecting to go up a bit but thats crazy! So i cancelled the insurance and went else wear.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
£3700 wtf im paying £500 on a 1.2 and i thought that was bad!

nrly 16k to buy and insure ur car o_O
1.5k to buy and insure mine at 17 lol

Kwick Fit Insurace FTMFW :D

Nice Car Tho ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
F**k me, £3700 for insurance is rediculous. I wouldn't pay that for any car. When i was looking at the 200's it wasn't that much, for some wierd reason the 182 is a lot cheaper to insure (less than aluco paid and i'm the same age :p )

My first car cost me £890, insured for £600 back when quinn didnt used to charge when you passed your test as a good will gesture. And i put some mega dints in the side thanks to some go karts hung up in the garage which i kindly scraped against. Be carefull is my advice, its amazing how much your driving skill increases after just a few months on your own.

Bet your insurance is less than mine was on my 182 ;)

GT's are ace looks wise, had a sit in one in a stealers. Needs lowering though :rasp:

So is the ph1 172 cheaper to insure then? Brentacre quoted me the same for ph1/2 172 or 182.

EDIT: Oh, and good luck with the test :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Thank you :) And its stupid, but it must be because of the value of the car itself? Think about it you but you say it cost you 1.5k to buy and insure (£500). So you are paying 1/3 of the cars value. I'm paying about that for a 1.6.

See the logic? I think :S lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you :) And its stupid, but it must be because of the value of the car itself? Think about it you but you say it cost you 1.5k to buy and insure (£500). So you are paying 1/3 of the cars value. I'm paying about that for a 1.6.

See the logic? I think :S lol
Not a lot to do with the car value tbh, its because your car is a lot faster than my first car (1.4 306), which increases the potential damage you could cause to other cars/people, plus you have got FC (i presume) whilst my first car was tpft.

MG ZR+ 105
nice car, nice pics too

I hope you do pass and you want to cruise round pointlessly and convoy with your friends from the ghetto in their clios ;)

im not joking tho no one in my circle of friends drives really and if they do no one is into cruising and modifying cars it fackin sucks :(

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
HAHA bless you pinky :p x

I'm not rolling with you, you come from the gutter ;) Well atleast you got rid of your lexarse lights! Theres a few local people on here :)

MG ZR+ 105
HAHA bless you pinky :p x

I'm not rolling with you, you come from the gutter ;) Well atleast you got rid of your lexarse lights! Theres a few local people on here :)

:'(

yer lights are gone and sold to some mug on ebay (hope they ent on here lol), 2.0L badges are gone, paint is on the way, one wing mirror is on the way(one stock one was broke when i got the car) and hopefully the dual optics are on the way soon :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Search "Clio sport alloys" into ebay there should be some 182 alloys on there, they will look good on yours and a bit different!

ibiza cupra
thats steep for insurance mate. there is a chap on here from chris knott. do a search bud. i saved nearly £900 on my last renual (i did turn 25 at the same time mind)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Tis' a week tuesday :) And thanks mate! I have a habbit of cocking things up (this thread being a prime example) so i hope i dont do s**t silly. My instructor says i will walk it and has great faith in me, but whether i do or not is another question!

320d
Good luck with the test mate. Keep calm, if you don't you will c**k it up. Been there done that.

Best of luck.

Who gives a shit what he's paying for insurance FFS.

Awesome first car, hope you know how seriously lucky you are and take good care of it! Good luck with the test also.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Who gives a shit what he's paying for insurance FFS.

Awesome first car, hope you know how seriously lucky you are and take good care of it! Good luck with the test also.

You talk sense :) I did think it was odd people commenting on what i pay for insurance, i can do what i want with my money tbh!

And i am the luckiest guy my age! Not only is it knew but its a good spec car.

Although any first car is a good car TBH. :) Thanks to everyone wishing me luck too!

Merc A class
Nice for your first car mate! My mate drives a 197 at 17! Haha

Ive just passed my theory will be booking my test soon!

Good luck :)

Cooksport Fleet
I know someone with a porsche cayenne s or how ever u spell it. Also he can use his dads aston...

Has a 2.0tdi a3 58 plate which he bought to run around town in.

He is 18.

And a massive tw*t

But good effort on the GT! Looks nice!

Black Clio GT
christ........ 3700 for insurance???
i pay £270 in the same car lol

i wanted that colour but like you couldnt wait weeks for delivery so went for a black one in the showroom, got the met paint and tom tom for free :)

good luck for your test, i too will be lowering it soon and deffo needs spacers 25mm should be enough.....

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Thought i better update, since its a Diary.

10th November 2009

Passed my driving test :D yay!

17th November 2009

The car has been used all week going to my school and back (A 35 mile round trip every day) and is filthy. Also the muddy grass car park at my 6th form doesn't help!

4112477670_64494fa50a_b.jpg
4111714133_69bb296dab_b.jpg

4111716773_a712c69f10_b.jpg

4111718227_282ef669bc_b.jpg

So i cleaned it...

4111732037_ac4918fa26_b.jpg

21st November 2009

Met up with forum members Uddy (shane) and Pinky (steve). But due to rain, only got a couple of rubbish pictures!

4121891297_e254bafc09_b.jpg
4122654686_3d0357e151_b.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I like how some of the mudsplats are going backwards, from the rear wheel LOL.

Titanium 182
Talking about insurance, my first car was a 1.6 Fiesta Zetec-S and I paid £1900 f.c under my own name for insurance when I was 17.

I've heard insurance has gone up recently, but that's insane! At 19 my 172 cost me £1400 f.c to insure!?