ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just magnificent!

0708caccbc718839e138479260f16618.jpg

34bb0da81aa690f32b23729b725bb02a.jpg

677710c6f312c1979b3221149477d3b9.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I'm still yet to find one better than the Meguiars purple gel one.

Currently trialing the Gyeon one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know how the Gyeon is. Megs still for me with a spray of CarPro Perl. Seems to work and spread better.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Gyeon tire is pretty good provided the tyre is completely dry. I replaced the spray head with a normal shampoo bottle top t pour it out and felt it was much better suited

Clio 182 - RB
Hi everyone, looking for some advise on prepping and sealing my new wheels i have just bought, any help? Products to use? Stages to do it in? I've never done this before and want to get it done whilst wheels are off the car this weekend [emoji4]

Golf GT & A4 Avant
are they new or 2nd hand?

are you willing to put in the time and prep for a one off application or happy to do less prep but regular applications?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Already got Megs Endurance so decided to give the Gtechniq T1 a trial.

Also picked up a Vac Blaster Sidekick which I'm looking forward to trialing.

Clio 182 - RB
are they new or 2nd hand?

are you willing to put in the time and prep for a one off application or happy to do less prep but regular applications?
Their 2nd hand @Yellow Dave, i'm in no rush to fit them to the car, they get delivered on Friday and ideally i'll be putting them on on the 11th July when i fit all new brake discs and pads all round so wanted to protect them - I'm not much of a 'detailer' but i'm learning.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
will dodo juice lime prime light remove water marks and be a good base for a wax or would autoglym SRP be better?
will be applied by hand.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
LPL will be better mate. Nice base and great cleanser, also much nicer to use imo.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Just tried a comparison between Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical (RMT), which i have used in the past with Gtechnique C2v3, application of RMT was not as good as i remember it, actually very poor in comparison with C2V3. Finish i would say line ball, maybe an edge to RMT in terms of a glossier finish and a nice smell. Yet to test beading and how long they will both last, but time will tell.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I always found RTM a horrible product. Streaks etc and just poor. Shame because I love Dodo.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Are we still saying tripple as a good allrounder? Only asking as in thinking of treating the cup to a nice polish. Anything to consider chaps?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
AF tripple or britemax AIOmax as my favourites.

Dodojuice need for speed was nice and easy to use but didn't really look or cleanse all that great.

If you'll be topping with a wax or sealant maybe look into pre wax cleansers like lime prime or rejuvenate.

Non are true polishes but do have very mild abrasives and comparable chemical cleaners

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
@Lawro Speak to me about the Kochie stuff, been really impressed with what i've seen. Nano1k? Polishes?

Like the branding although some stuff does seem a tad expensive!

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Hi all,
Pearl Black 172, used to clean my 182 quite a bit and have quite a few polishes and gear etc., never used a DA though.
Once its back on the road im looking to do a 'deep' clean and protect.
2 BM wash with something to strip all the crap, all purpose cleaner? Fairy liquid?
Bug and tar remover, then clay/clay mit
2 BM wash with AG shampoo
AG Paint renovator with megs applicator pad
Poorboys Black Hole glaze with megs applicator pad
Nattys paste wax by hand

Any issues with that? Would I be better off with a different glaze?

Im also having issues with the interior being 'sticky', the previous owner seems to have put a gel over everything? Any tips on removing this? I was thinking APC?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've always used Duragloss 901/902.

I fancy a bit of a change.

What's your favourite shampoo (regardless of cost)?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've always used Duragloss 901/902.

I fancy a bit of a change.

What's your favourite shampoo (regardless of cost)?
Just now Reset as it's a purer shampoo. Very slick, lots of suds and safe on all lsps.

Lots of good ones out there to be fair.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Just now Reset as it's a purer shampoo. Very slick, lots of suds and safe on all lsps.

Lots of good ones out there to be fair.

Keep seeing Garry Deans The Perfect Soap crop up on detailing world.

It's quite expensive and difficult to get hold of unfortunately.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The Autosmart shampoo is pretty good. Is there that much difference in shampoos kev?
I wouldn't use products like that on certain cars. Ie ones with expensive waxes or sealants etc.

When it comes to chemicals and the dirty work AS are great but they don't have the finesse of others.

There are some amazing shampoos out there to be fair. The Britemax one with dilution is amazing.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi all,
Pearl Black 172, used to clean my 182 quite a bit and have quite a few polishes and gear etc., never used a DA though.
Once its back on the road im looking to do a 'deep' clean and protect.
2 BM wash with something to strip all the crap, all purpose cleaner? Fairy liquid?
Bug and tar remover, then clay/clay mit
2 BM wash with AG shampoo
AG Paint renovator with megs applicator pad
Poorboys Black Hole glaze with megs applicator pad
Nattys paste wax by hand

Any issues with that? Would I be better off with a different glaze?

Im also having issues with the interior being 'sticky', the previous owner seems to have put a gel over everything? Any tips on removing this? I was thinking APC?

Get a new shampoo, one with no gloss enhancers. Ag shampoo is awful.

Everything else is fine though. (Apart from ag paint renovator... I've not had experience with that). And yeah, dilute an apc and mist it around the cabin to get rid of the stickyness