ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I won a bottle of IO but seemed a bit week. Again Korrosol by BH was the only thing that came close and was a tad thicker. IX is still market leader by far.
Was a mild day but seemed to dry incredibly quick and not as easy to apply as iron x

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the Waxmate is a very good one, really enjoyed using it recently.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Need some advice on products I'm looking to sell my treadlines and wanna give them a clean up before selling. What products should I be going for?

Clio with a body kit
Need some advice on products I'm looking to sell my treadlines and wanna give them a clean up before selling. What products should I be going for?

I take it they are leather? I asked the same a little while ago and bought ltt solutions stuff. Expensive but seemed to work fine and the seats look great.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Half leather
f8886f8b4d52e3f1b6de506a0fc2018e.jpg

Thank I'll have a look into that

Cayman S Edition 1
Finally got around to applying some Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid to my car the other week and have to say I'm pretty impressed with it.

Didn't initially seem to be that special upon application, but when it came to washing the car yesterday, I was amazed at the level of beading it gave.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
just shows the mark up on productsif its 12.99 with free delivery,dont drink it though i was tempted,hands down best smelling qd

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
QD? Buy done and dusted. My Z6 will be used for priming pads, that's how good it is now.

Clio with a body kit
Or do what I do.. Add the done and dusted to your cart and then talk yourself into spending another £65 on stuff I don't really need just to qualify for free postage.

BG Clio 182
Cheers :) it's not 100% corrected like but it's much better. Write up to come
Looks epic mate. I tried again the other day and I get a f**k load of product build up on the pad where it clogs, even on the first lap of the day? Should I be using more lubricant or am I over lubricating?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Looks epic mate. I tried again the other day and I get a f**k load of product build up on the pad where it clogs, even on the first lap of the day? Should I be using more lubricant or am I over lubricating?

I used a new pad today and cleaned it after every use (err, every 'section' of a panel) with a medium/stuff bristled tooth brush.

I have it a Quick Mist with water before applying 4/5 little blobs and polishing... Then after each pass on each speed, I quickly felt the pad for heat and moisture, If it was too warm or dry Id give it another mist with water. It seemed to keep build up to a minimum.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looking at stripping the wax off the Clio to start again.

I've read some use fairly liquid to remove old wax?

BG Clio 182
Ok cheers. It was only as I was off and giving the Clio a once over later, hopefully.
Everyone's different and im sure will paddle in with other suggestions but the general consensus is to just do it this way, problem is it removes your polishes and glazes too haha abd turns into an epic job every time I start I can't stop lol :(