ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ohh lol it could work just I wouldn't have thought it would be very good.

What you trying to get from it? Protection? I'd just wax it. Probably only polish it if it really needs it as well tbh.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol I think revive is a pretty good idea tbh.

cant wax it, wax would get stuck in the "weave"

yes after protection

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Tried diluted reload earlier didnt have a great effect but did something. So was going to go with neat reload when I order some more

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I presume it's quite a fine textured surface, so may be difficult to build adequate surface tension for tight water behaviour but will still protect.

I wouldn't recommend tough coat for the fact that you leave it to cure and dries white, I would imagine removing from a textured surface would be a PITA!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it's textured. It's been a pain since day one lol.

​i like it though so its staying. May even renew it

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So been looking at EZ Creme as another product to try out and I hear it has filling capabilities too. How would it work over the current tripple + 845? Is it a cleanser too?

Also I have some 'werkstat acrylic jett trigger' Is this safe to use with these products or will it effect them in a negative way at all? Last thing I want to do is undo all the work I've done now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You would use jett as a top up to 845 mate.

Tripple is an aio and EZ is a simple glaze. You'll probably get better results with Tripple as i'm sure James said it has some light abrasives.

By machine, right pad, right hands. Ez is more than a match for it. It's also acrylic so bonds well top lsps. I'll try and get more 50/50's soon using ez.

I would say use up your tripple first but we all know that's not how detailing works. Hence me having 8 pre cleansers at one point.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha I have some srp? Not really got much tripple left as I only bought the tiny bottle. Can always buy some more tripple though as I'm not even sure the srp I have is the new formula, how do you know?

After going again with the tripple by hand I'm fairly happy though, although I wouldn't mind another shot at it by DA before I start putting a glaze on top. (Perhaps with a different pad, using the white hex atm but tempted to try the black or the meguirs mf pad)

Yeah I had a look in your glaze thread after putting that post up and it looks like a good product to use, plus it should add even more to the gloss to the paint. What about prima amigo? Thats another one I wouldn't mind trying.

Good to know about the jett as I bought it ages ago and have only used it the once on the ph1 :).

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tripple being an all in one, it does work as a glaze and fills as well as any other glaze I have used. Only other factor to consider is the bonding with your chosen wax or sealant. Amigo left a very slick finish, but I wasn't overly impressed by hand, application by DA was ok. But for me if I'm going to bother using the DA I would rather a bit more from it and use a mild abrasive pre wax cleanser or finishing polish, where as a glaze for me is a quick and simple fix

Tripple being an all in one, it does work as a glaze and fills as well as any other glaze I have used. Only other factor to consider is the bonding with your chosen wax or sealant. Amigo left a very slick finish, but I wasn't overly impressed by hand, application by DA was ok. But for me if I'm going to bother using the DA I would rather a bit more from it and use a mild abrasive pre wax cleanser or finishing polish, where as a glaze for me is a quick and simple fix

Couldn't agree more. Amigo by hand was not as impressive as the way it melted into the paint via DA. However, if I'm getting the machine out, something that has a mild cut and nicks out a few marks as well is preferable. Which is why I'm really looking forward to trying Tripple by machine. By hand it was superb, but with the added power of a machine, rather than teh Forearms... winner.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Dave makes a great point there. Amigo still is the slickest glaze but it's party piece is that bit extra on properly corrected paintwork.

Other products work so well with poor paintwork. Tripple for eg and rejuvenate/prime. They pull so much crap out the paint and some fill at the same time so the change is more dramatic.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Quick one really I am going to car fest for the weekend and I will be leaving the car there over the weekend what is the best thing to do each morning just give it a quick going over with a quick detailer or something else? Also what is the best quick detailing spray?

How dirty will the car be, Ash? Ideally you'd want to wash it or at least jet spray it down, then use a QD. Dust is fine. Dirt causes issues.

QD... world's your oyster. Zaino is superb, but needs to be clean paint. C2V3 diluted 3:1 adds protection. Z6, the same...

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
If all goes well and it's not dirty at oulton and it doesn't rain now it'll be very clean. Don't think I will be able to get any zaino as I don't know anywhere local to me that sells it but I will get some for next time. I've never used one before is there that much of a difference with them?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
If all goes well and it's not dirty at oulton and it doesn't rain now it'll be very clean. Don't think I will be able to get any zaino as I don't know anywhere local to me that sells it but I will get some for next time. I've never used one before is there that much of a difference with them?

I know you didnt like them at the detailing day but Shinearama stock Zaino, and imo you cannot beat Zaino for a Show QD

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I know you didnt like them at the detailing day but Shinearama stock Zaino, and imo you cannot beat Zaino for a Show QD

It's not so much that I don't like them the shop is cool, it's just they really pissed me off when I went last time. So I won't go again just because of the point of it.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Why didn't you like Shinearama, Ash?

Few little things tbh but it all added up 1st time I went I said and openly said I have no clue what I want or need and seamed ok with me I spent a couple of hundred pounds to get me going and tbh I got looked after ok that time.
2nd or 3rd time I went I had to take back a tub of dodo wax purple haze back as it was faulty I was all lumpy and wouldn't spread on to a car as soon as I opened it I knew it wasn't right but they wouldn't do anything about spawning it or knock me anything off something else but I still spent about a £100 again. But I was about pissed off with not swapping the purple haze and how they were with me. I own my own business and I would had at least swapped it. Then the last time I went was for a open day. I didn't need anything but thought f**k it I will get
a couple for things anyway just because I was there and had a bit of cash in my pocket. Plus the they said big discounts and a show and shine for the open day so why not any way show and shine very happened as they said they were to busy. I thought that was bull s**t as its not hard to walk outside and look at the cars. I wasn't fussed about the show and shine my car was dirty. But a few of the lads had made a real effort and I thought it was a shame for them as it was a total waste. But I was pissed off with the how I was spoken to in the show I was asking about two wax's and I couldn't get a answer well both are good but nothing like such and such swissvax so that wasted my time and I hadn't asked about swissvax I was asking about b22 and a Af wax so its not going to be like swissvax anyway picked up a few other bits waited about 30 minutes to pay. When I was asked card or cash! I reply cash o good we like cash. I got as my reply as everyone has paid on a card and I got call it a round £136.00 the guy said scarcasticly I will knock you the £0.16p off. I nearly said f**k it keep your wax and I will go somewhere else. Now I don't go anywhere expecting a discount and I never ever ask for a discount but when it says huge discounts to be had you expect a little more than 16p. I just felt very annoyed about the hole day it was there open day and i felt like maybe it was a bit of a joke also some of the things they said and did even I knew they were wrong.
Now I enjoyed the meet and seeing members off here but felt very let down and annoyed about shinearama. So balls to using them again. I know they are liked by a lot of people and they have done good jobs for people. But I wouldn't buy off them agian they might be top guys i might have got on with them very well but I won't be giving them another chance.

​Ash

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Would a pre wax cleanser not strip stuff I have on the car already?

As with the srp, how do I know it's the new formula? Like I say I'll go once more with tripple or srp then go with a glaze and it should bring a nice enough finish or are you recommending I do something else?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Would a pre wax cleanser not strip stuff I have on the car already?

That's the idea of it, but then so will tripple a little with it's very mild cleaning ability. you would use a pre wax cleanser by DA then if still looking for more fill apply a glaze or all in one over the top by hand.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm I'd rather not undo the work I've done now thats the problem lol. Should have done that when I went at it the other week.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Have you waxed over the top already? applying tripple, or working a basic glaze by machine will affect most layers underneath due to the cleaners or purely the friction with the pad.

What were you looking to apply over the top again? probably best to leave as is and maybe just top with additional protection, and wait to strip it all back

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Its already got 2 layers of 845 plus the cleanser would wash out all the tripple?

I was thinking of going once more with srp then a glaze then waxing on top of that again. (Depending on srp I have being the new formula of course if not more tripple)

More tripple/srp isn't essential just I'd like to go over once more before putting a glaze on. Just for good measure say.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
No point IMO. the glaze / fillers won't bond properly over the wax, so waxing over that again will have an even shorter durability, therefore you will have this failing outer layer that won't resist dirt or water as well for as long as it would do normally, initially it will be fine but i highly doubt it will last.

plus the chemical cleaning / mild abrasive in tripple will start to ever so slightly remove the wax layer underneath it. Do it all before waxing, or leave it untill you're ready to strip it off IMO. adding additional layers of wax can be beneficial but again it all depends on the bond between them

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Okay cheers.

So when I do get round to It I should strip the wax, use a pre wax cleanser, then tripple (if neccesary), then glaze (prima or ez), then wax yes?

Thanks for all the help btw chaps it's much appreciated :).

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tripple will act as your glaze as it fills well. Some pre wax cleansers have oils that fill, so you may only need one. All depends on the condition of the paint as to which would be best to use.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Top man, thank you :)

Thought I'd grab a few pictures (not the best I know) to see what you guys thought on the remainder swirling and if it should be better than this after the tripple or if I am just expecting too much? Obviously not ideal pictures but it's the best I've been able to capture it since doing it.

9419126746_16d025e4cd_z.png

9416361511_134ebb0ec7_z.png

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I think there's a lot less than before as they were pretty bad (wish I took a picture prior to it so I could compare for myself as it's hard to remember). They still catch my eye quite a lot now though so it's still bugging me, that is one of the worst areas too, the roof and bonnet are better than that.

Maybe I am just expecting too much I was expecting better after seeing these pictures..

DSC04464-1.jpg

I guess if I want much better I need to go back to menz polish or pay someone, probably the latter now.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I've always been very dubious about those pictures Adam, not saying company's would but I always have it it my mind that to get results like that the would have possibly part machined it first and then used the glaze which in this case would be tripple

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I guess, the marks do look inflicted with a light wet sand paper too maybe. Which I guess would be easier as the marks are not as deep.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Your car under a spotlight, from what I can see in your pics, would look far worse than the black mini bonnet above, plus you can still see swirls on the treated side.

If you think you can see them under poor lighting, in a well lit unit and sun gun becomes embarrassing!

Also having been in their studio and watched then do it, I can assure you that as the pic above, with correct lighting and photography skills tripple will achieve those results.
Ref sanding marks? That's nothing like sanding marks! Also the clear coat on that bonnet is super soft , as in not working rejuvenate in and just rubbing it into the panel with your finger caused minor marring where the abrasives weren't broken down

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Your car under a spotlight, from what I can see in your pics, would look far worse than the black mini bonnet above, plus you can still see swirls on the treated side.

If you think you can see them under poor lighting, in a well lit unit and sun gun becomes embarrassing!

​Yeah I can imagine lol :(.

The original point anyway was that I was expecting a level of finish like above, which, even with my car under the crap lighting appears worse than the AF 50/50 under the proper lighting equipment.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
But if your car has worse swirls than that bonnet, it's not going to be equal to the bonnet as it will need to hide far more severe swirls

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I guess so lol, so it boils down to the fact I was just expecting too much then really.

Need a silver car again! lol.