ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi,

Is there much benefit in applying Tripple by machine? Or am I just alright to just do it by hand? It'll be on a Black BMW 3 Series. Followed up with Tough Coat.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't hugely happy with the results by machine went at it by hand and got better results. I used a hexlogic white pad when I used machine. I have wondered if the meguirs mf finishing pad might work better though.

Anyone know why when I applied by hand the mf applicator kept getting sticky so I had to use 2 and both sides, is that normal?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
All those products work better by machine as you're working the product much much more than by hand.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Perhaps Adam has 2000w spinning hand and arm combo?

Flol well maybe it was just doing both together so the DA got results and then when I went again by hand it improved it even more so appears to be better results.

No doubt I'll try by DA again but probably a different pad, just not sure which one. Like I say might try the mf meguirs pad as it wont soak up so much product like I found with the hex white pad.

using too much or not keeping the app damp I've found can cause that.

Funny that as I did damp the applicator which improved it but then it got even worse shortly after so I didn't do it again.

I started of with a small amount and was struggling to spread it well so did have to use a bit more but still only a small amount really.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I applied SRP by DA today for the first time! Bloody impressed tbh. I used a lot less than if I did it by hand.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I applied SRP by DA today for the first time! Bloody impressed tbh. I used a lot less than if I did it by hand.

And I'm guessing you weren't coved in a cloud of dust? New (couple of years now?) formula is much much better than classic srp.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
And I'm guessing you weren't coved in a cloud of dust? New (couple of years now?) formula is much much better than classic srp.

I've never had 'that' much of an issue with dust with SRP mate. Although I had 72 brand ne microfibres delivered today so I expect new cloths helped. I've only been using the new stuff for the last week or so but so far so good. I like it!

Adam, one of my older Autoglym pads. Got it slightly damp, one line across the pad was enough to do two panels.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ah cheers mate I got a bottle of SRP but never used it lol, bought tripple instead but doubt there's enough to go over the whole car again so might give the SRP a try.

Anyone think the meguirs MF pads might be any good with DA as I'm tempted to try that. Or I might just give it a try with the white hex pad I still have from the tripple.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I have about 8 different pads for my DA, and I have no idea what thay're called, you lot amaze me lol.

Some are hard foam, guessing they cut?
Some, a green one in particular, feels like wire! Feels so brutal Im too scared to use it
Then I have some lumpy soft ones
and some finishing ones.

Wat they're all called thiugh I dont know. I'll take pics one day to see if anyone can identify them

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Its arrived!

qu6uhuty.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Picked mine up, the blind test sample sounds interesting. Do they ever release details of the un-named samples after all the boxes have gone out should you want to buy more of it?

Wax sample smells like Big Red chewing gum.

Adamm, this was a group buy limited numbers with a little discount. You can buy it direct from waxybox if you wanted

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Best stuff for a carbon vinyl roof? Don't really want to spend a fortune as all ill be using it on is my roof...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
to do what, polish, seal?

If it's clear coated then as you would on normal clearcoated paint

Was that directed to me?

​if so I tend to clean it with apc, and now I need to protect it. But it's the 3m stuff so I wasn't aware you could polish it?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Never knew revive could be used on vinyl? Surely it would be a bit greasy and would just wash off come cleaning the car?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I used to put megs tyre gel on it then wipe it clean with spray detailer iirc. Never lasted long and probably damaged it at the time but I was young and naive lol