ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

GTD, Lupo
Seems fair!

C8956083-979B-43C1-9ACE-C0CA71826692_zps5zogoass.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone fathom what the f**k the 2.2GB update included.

I did notice a map fix though. On the weekly heroic you can no longer hide in the hill side bit to avoid getting hit and still be able to shoot.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Good effort...

I finally got something from a legendary engram last night, some gloves then I got a Heavy Machine gun.. Just need a Primary weapon and Boots and im kitted out properly

340i
Just started getting into this game... Cleared Earth and half the moon missions last night!

All my weapons and gear are uncommon, but I've maxxed the stats on them with upgrades. Hoping to get a couple more hours in tonight :)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Just started getting into this game... Cleared Earth and half the moon missions last night!

All my weapons and gear are uncommon, but I've maxxed the stats on them with upgrades. Hoping to get a couple more hours in tonight :)
I need to get into this game! Bored of fifa.

Golf R32
Nice to see the number of bounties you can have at one time has increased to 10, disappointing is the nerfs to the Thorn. There was talk of buffing it and instead it's been made worse and they're saying it was accidentally nerfed. Probably just because Iron Banner is back

Ph 1 172
How do you level up in iron banner? My future war cult keeps going up but not my iron banner level. Am I missing something?

GTD, Lupo
Anyone else lagging like f**k or jusy me?

If you are in party chat the frame rate seems to take a massive hit.

Did anyone get to level 5 iron banner? I managed it Saturday morning so managed to pick up all the pieces. Still a lvl 29 as I don't have a raid helmet or chest. Guess I will have to wait for IB 3.0.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Got my first bit of raid gear last night. Went through on normal silly quick.

Really want to hit 30 before the new raid is out on the 9th but I highly doubt I will. Saying that it'll take a few days before someone has worked it all out and completed it.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Got my first bit of raid gear last night. Went through on normal silly quick.

Really want to hit 30 before the new raid is out on the 9th but I highly doubt I will. Saying that it'll take a few days before someone has worked it all out and completed it.

I got 2 pieces in a raid last night was quite happy with that! Just need to finish the final boss tomorrow, never got round to it tonight as i couldnt be arsed...

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Best patch ever today. No more farming!
Bad luck if you love your Suros though!

Today's patch includes the long-awaited arrival of Exotics weapon buffs, additional acquisition paths for destination upgrade materials, along with additional changes to exotic gear node upgrading in preparation for the soon-to-be-released expansion, The Dark Below. We're also correcting issues induced by our more recent update to the Raid.

Weapons
Exotics
Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered. At the same time, they are not supposed to break the balance of the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts. Exotics will be a constant work in-progress!

General
In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade
The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard
Exotic Shards can be obtained by one of the following means:
Dismantling unwanted Exotics
Purchased from Xur for 7 Strange Coins

Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate

Thorn
Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
Reload Speed increased
Magazine Size increased
Ammo inventory size increased
Stability and Weapon Handling increased

Bad Juju
Magazine Size increased to 8 bursts (was 5)
Ammo inventory size increased
String of Curses now also decreases the cooldown of your Super on kill
Adjusted effects to not block first person reticle

Hard Light
Stability increased
Perfect Balance upgrade replaced by Fitted Stock (increases maximum possible weapon Stability)

Suros Regime
Lowered total damage at the end of the mag on SUROS Regime upgrade to be more in line with the Glass Half Full perk on Legendary Auto Rifles

Monte Carlo
Stability increased
Range slightly decreased
Monte Carlo Method upgrade now also has a chance to fully charge melee ability on kill

MIDA Multi-Tool
MIDA rounds now have increased knockback against targets in both PvE and PvP

Hawkmoon
Send It upgrade (which was redundant) replaced by Speed Reload

Red Death
Rate of Fire increased slightly, but Burst Damage reduced to compensate

Plan C
Weapon Handling speed increased
Player Speed increased while Plan C is in hand

Pocket Infinity
Speed Reload upgrade replaced by Extended Clip which allows the option to increase magazine size (5 bursts)

Vex Mythoclast
Attack Power increased to 323 (from 300)
Base Damage increased, fixing bug we introduced in previous patch
Enhanced Battery upgrade by Extended Mag (this change still allows for a significant upgrade to Magazine Size, but less than before)

Invective
Reload Speed increased significantly, auto fires slightly slower

Ice Breaker
Send It upgrade replaced by Lightweight (which was redundant as Icebreaker already had maximum range)
New effects for enemies killed by Ice Breaker upgrade

Patience and Time
Snapshot upgrade replaced by Custom Optics (provides a lower zoom option)

Super Good Advice
Stability increased

Truth
Magazine Size increased to 3 (was 1)

Activities
Raid
Fixed an issue we introduced in a previous patch, in which Atheon did not correctly send 3 players through the time gates
Fixed an exploit where the Templar could be forced off its platform
Daily Heroic Story
Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic
Bounties
Removed the ‘Relic Hunter’ Bounty
Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty

Vendors
Reduced Cryptarch reputation gain from Engrams, but reputation reward packages now have an increased chance for Legendary Engrams
Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower
Xur now sells a new material, Exotic Shards, to upgrade the final node of Exotics for 7 Strange Coins
Faction Class Items (ex: FWC Cloak, Dead Orbit Mark, etc.) are now replaced by Faction Emblems in the rank-up reward packages from Faction Vendors

Technical
Networking fixes, which should reduce the instance of the Bee family of KTOs
Fixed an issue in which using Xbox One party chat induced a slower frame rate.

GTD, Lupo
Not too sure i like the sound of any of them updates!

Having not played the game for almost 3 days now i hope the update brings back a little of what i liked about the game.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
So the final fight in the raid is fucked up...

Portals sometimes send you back the way you came, the shield doesnt always protect you so you can be hit, and sometimes not everyone in the party can do the big damage for 30 seconds (just normal damage)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
That's not an expansion. That's moving the goal posts. They shouldn't f**k with stuff people have already got. I agree with allowing people to upgrade their exotics but everything else was a piss take

Mito Sportiva 135
Still stuck on 29 myself, not done the raid again and missed Iron Banner as was on holiday when it was on
I got the Plan C fusion rifle from Xur and it's really decent, although I would love the Icebreaker still

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So the nightfall is ridiculously hard. Just about to attempt the raid and see how we get on. Friend of mine has got as far as crota and said it's actually quicker than Atheon.

Mito Sportiva 135
I got up to the last boss battle in the third story (the 4 wizards) on level 30. There were just 2 of us and almost killed the 4th wizard only to be taken out by a surprise attack from behind - seems pretty tricky though! Is that the final part of the mission does anyone know?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I got up to the last boss battle in the third story (the 4 wizards) on level 30. There were just 2 of us and almost killed the 4th wizard only to be taken out by a surprise attack from behind - seems pretty tricky though! Is that the final part of the mission does anyone know?

After the wizards comes an ogre along with hallowed knights, (2 hits from those and your dead)

Me and a mate did it on our 2nd attempt.. Was good fun!

Mito Sportiva 135
Can you not attack the stone until all 4 wizards are dead then? I never know which is the best weapon type to use against hive, is it solar?
In the room we were sort of standing near the entrance as you come in, just behind a rock. Seemed the best place for cover in there without being caught in a cross fire

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Can you not attack the stone until all 4 wizards are dead then? I never know which is the best weapon type to use against hive, is it solar?
In the room we were sort of standing near the entrance as you come in, just behind a rock. Seemed the best place for cover in there without being caught in a cross fire
Depends on their shields. Iirc the witches had fire shields.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

I just noticed i read your origional post wrong, i thought you ment the mission before the final one, after all 4 wizards are dead you have to destroy the stone and thats it, i was just running around dodging everything haha

As for best weapon, for wizards you need solar based weapons to take out the initial shield, then imo it doesnt matter what you use once the shield is down..

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool that's what I thought. I assume you can't kill the stone until the wizards are dead then? Didn't seem too hard I was just tired last night, sure I'll get it done tonight.

Overall though the DLC seems a ridiculous rip-off for what you get...£20 is about 2/3 of the cost of an entire game!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Cool that's what I thought. I assume you can't kill the stone until the wizards are dead then? Didn't seem too hard I was just tired last night, sure I'll get it done tonight.

Overall though the DLC seems a ridiculous rip-off for what you get...£20 is about 2/3 of the cost of an entire game!

Yeah have to kill the wizards before you can destroy the stone..

Everyone says that but i paid £35 for both expansions..

So in the end £17.50 per expansion when the 2nd comes out.

This one we got:
The story (although short)
A strike
A raid
New PVP maps
New weapons
New armour

I dont think its to bad.. Might be more with the next one, who knows!

GTD, Lupo
I have really liked the new stuff apart from the new pvp maps... Far too big. I done the weekly on hard but have not yet attempted the nightfall! Maybe tomorrow. I solo'd the first chest on the raid and got a couple of items but other than that I'm just trying to get to level 31... Hopefully tomorrow, just before I try the nightfall.