ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I have really liked the new stuff apart from the new pvp maps... Far too big. I done the weekly on hard but have not yet attempted the nightfall! Maybe tomorrow. I solo'd the first chest on the raid and got a couple of items but other than that I'm just trying to get to level 31... Hopefully tomorrow, just before I try the nightfall.

I should hit 30 tomorrow hopefully, i could have been 30 a while ago but put it off for new gear..

Doing the weeky and nighyfall tomorrow before a raid, hopefully at weekend me and some mates will be trying the new raid!

The Dark Below seems pretty light in terms of story. I've realised that we are most likely going to have to wait for Destiny 2 if we want the admittedly not very important plot to be fleshed out.

I do like the update though. Hoping for level 30 in a couple of days.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
The Dark Below seems pretty light in terms of story. I've realised that we are most likely going to have to wait for Destiny 2 if we want the admittedly not very important plot to be fleshed out.

I do like the update though. Hoping for level 30 in a couple of days.

I really hope the story in Destiny 2 is better as this one was a huge let down, from reading online the origional story for Destiny was brilliant.. Shame they changed it (im sure i also read original writers were fired, hence the change)

Im enjoying the strike though, tried on nightfall, what a piss take, trying it with 2 level 27's makes hard work i gave up.. Hoping to get 30 this weekend though

Mito Sportiva 135
The DLC seems a rip-off. The worst thing is though, if you DON'T buy the DLC, you can't play the daily or weekly missions this week. Seems very cruel to take content away from the existing game for this

Some of the new items sold by the vendors are good though, the armour seems to have more light slots than the previous legendary ones available - 33 instead of 27

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The DLC seems a rip-off. The worst thing is though, if you DON'T buy the DLC, you can't play the daily or weekly missions this week. Seems very cruel to take content away from the existing game for this

Some of the new items sold by the vendors are good though, the armour seems to have more light slots than the previous legendary ones available - 33 instead of 27
Would you rather be stuck with only level 30 and no new items and be able to do the missions this week or have new items and levels and miss out for a week?

I know which I would choose.

GTD, Lupo
Gave the game a good go today. Completed the weekly and nightfall and then had a go at the new raid. Got to Crota but we couldn't drop him. Should be level 31 tomorrow so going to have another go. Also found a couple of exotics today, v2 Icebreaker v2 knucklehead helmet and upgraded both my suros regimes to v2. I also completed all the Eris bounties and missions on two of my characters... little disappointed to just get some gauntlets.

Level 32 will never happen for me but I'm more than happy as i have got more than my moneys worth out of this game. I have heard a rumour that iron banner is making another come back in the next week or so but its not confirmed.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Got bored of destiny and sold it. Gameplay is brilliant but the story is crap and very short, only fun thing online is doing raids/strikes but there's o lying so many times I can do the same 4 missions over and over again, no real point in leveling up

Was really dissapointed, so much potential

People mentioning destiny 2? When's that out 2020? Took them 5 years to make this one lol

GTD, Lupo
I think they have a plan to release a new game ever 2.5 years and each game will have DLC to keep it alive until the new one comes out. At a guess the next one will be a lot quicker to make as the game engine is what would have taken the longest time create. Adding new content or making another game should be pretty simple if the mechanics of the game are going to work the same. For me its gameplay over story, i normally just end up playing PVP anyways.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
True but I hate the fact that you pay £45 on release and there is minimal content, you have to spend another £40 on dlc to get essentially what should of been included from the start

Gameplay was fantastic, just so little to do :(

Mito Sportiva 135
Did the Vault of Glass raid again yesterday and again I got sod all for completing it - however what is a bit of a joke is that the new vanguard/crucible armours are 33 light so, I think, better than the raid gear anyway. Which is kind of silly as just means spamming PVP you will eventually be able to get really high level gear. Having said that, that's good news for me as I never get good drops in the game so this way at least I can guarantee what I'll be able to get!

Mito Sportiva 135
Has anyone done the weekly this week? Me (29) and 2 mates (both 28) did it on 26 I think it was and was bloody hard!

Think Iron Banner is back today too

Mito Sportiva 135
There is some good gear on Iron Banner but know what you mean - I am near level 3 vanguard but have no marks, and way off level 5 crucible but have quite a few marks. Somehow or other I need better gauntlets, chestpiece and helmet now though to get to 31. Gauntlets I'll get eventually doing Eris' urn quest and helmet is most expensive, so think I'll go for a chestpiece next

GTD, Lupo
Just finished Croats raid on both characters, just a shame we had to use the cheat method :/

Crucible is a massive pile of poo this week. No decent gear.

Mito Sportiva 135
What is the cheat method? I found getting to Crota quite easy but couldn't kill him - did hardly any damage either!
Iron Banner is long, it takes ages and the gear he has isn't any better than what you can buy from a vanguard or crucible person
Also, in the same way you can upgrade 'old' exotics up to 331 damage via Xur, I resent not being able to do the same with my old legendary's. My Atheon's Epilogue is now really underpowered.

What would have been the sensible option is all legendary weapons do 300 max damage and exotics do 330, at the moment some of my new legendary weapons do more damage than old exotics, which makes no sense

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
That's common mate, you often hit plateaus then you will get lucky and get a few upgrades all at once. It's not the sort of game where you get new better gear every session, you have to balance what you keep, recycle and upgrade. The ascendant materials are relatively rare so I wouldn't try and upgrade everything a bit, but rather focus on fully upgrading a few bits. If you're 23 presumably not everything you have is legendary/exotic yet still? I found saving up vanguard/crucible points the best way to afford better armour then more frequently get weapons in drops.

I have NEVER got any raid armour in half a dozen run throughs :(

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Getting seriously pissed off with Crota's shield regenerating for no reason when you're absolutely hammering him.

Why are people cheating? I've done it once or twice but now I just do it properly to get ready for the hard raid. I imagine they'll fix it by then and you'll all be screwed

340i
That's common mate, you often hit plateaus then you will get lucky and get a few upgrades all at once. It's not the sort of game where you get new better gear every session, you have to balance what you keep, recycle and upgrade. The ascendant materials are relatively rare so I wouldn't try and upgrade everything a bit, but rather focus on fully upgrading a few bits. If you're 23 presumably not everything you have is legendary/exotic yet still? I found saving up vanguard/crucible points the best way to afford better armour then more frequently get weapons in drops.

I have NEVER got any raid armour in half a dozen run throughs 😧

I've got one legendary primary weapon (Payback SOS) and nothing else... the rest of my weapons and armor are just rare.

Mito Sportiva 135
Welsh - are you on One? If so add me, Brando M83, as we are always looking for good people on the raid. Plus I've not beaten Crota yet!

Gray - I got Payback SOS for doing the nightfall...this is now better than my Atheon's Epilogue which I got for finishing the Vault of Glass raid!
My advice would be not to bother spending any ascendant materials upgrading rare weapons or armour and just save it all for legendary/exotic - you might still want to upgrade using glimmer and other materials though

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Welsh - are you on One? If so add me, Brando M83, as we are always looking for good people on the raid. Plus I've not beaten Crota yet!

Gray - I got Payback SOS for doing the nightfall...this is now better than my Atheon's Epilogue which I got for finishing the Vault of Glass raid!
My advice would be not to bother spending any ascendant materials upgrading rare weapons or armour and just save it all for legendary/exotic - you might still want to upgrade using glimmer and other materials though
Sorry dude. I'm PS4. Just started a second hunter to allow me to get two lots of loot. Run the raid 4 or 5 times a week so might as well make the most of it

GTD, Lupo
To cheat on Crota all you need to is to get Crota to take a knee and then get the game host to quit the game. He will then stay down.

Getting seriously pissed off with Crota's shield regenerating for no reason when you're absolutely hammering him.

Why are people cheating? I've done it once or twice but now I just do it properly to get ready for the hard raid. I imagine they'll fix it by then and you'll all be screwed

It only takes 2 mins if you cheese it, the only bonus I can see. I can now do the raid from start to Crota in about 15 mins solo, I just need another level 31 to finish him. Will be able to solo him once I hit 32 but the stupid game gave me no shards today just dragons breath and the primary sniper.

Let's be honest it's not the hardest boss in the world. Even on hard it won't be all that bad if you have a team that know what they are doing.

Having had two hunters up till now I decided to go for a warlock for my third, should hopefully be able to use this for the raid by the end of the week. Currently level 26.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Ran crota 4 times tonight. To be fair we glitched the whole thing for the last 3 as it was just to get stuff for peoples other characters.

Got shafted again with nothing but shards and energy. Fuming.

Evo 8 MR
Level 31, have most of the raid gear and an exotic helm. Just need shards to hit 32.
Crota is easy enough to take down legitimately if the party is mostly 31s.
I didn't like the way the new DLC made the old raid gear completely obsolete and surpassed by gear that is readily available for purchase in the tower. They kind of made up for it by making the new gear easier to get though.
I'm gonna keep running the VOG raid to try and get Fatebringer, it seems a popular weapon of choice for Crotas end. I have the mythoclast but hate it. VoC is better imo.

GTD, Lupo
@Danny133 the best thing you can do is just grind away until you get to level 27 if you then add me I would be more than happy to drag you through the raid so you can get some raid gear.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Level 31, have most of the raid gear and an exotic helm. Just need shards to hit 32.
Crota is easy enough to take down legitimately if the party is mostly 31s.
I didn't like the way the new DLC made the old raid gear completely obsolete and surpassed by gear that is readily available for purchase in the tower. They kind of made up for it by making the new gear easier to get though.
I'm gonna keep running the VOG raid to try and get Fatebringer, it seems a popular weapon of choice for Crotas end. I have the mythoclast but hate it. VoC is better imo.
One thing that's massively let me down is that my best primary was bad ju ju. That meant I couldn't use gallajhorn so in the end I just used atheons epilogue.

Tonight we did a run of the hard raid VoG as my mate wanted to do the maze now he's got a new telly so he could actually see. Ended up getting VoC which I've wanted for ever.

Finally got round to buying this on the 23rd, currently level 23. Haven't really been arsed with the main story, haven't even unlocked Mars yet!

Grinding out bounties etc isn't actually as boring as I thought it'd be.

Evo 8 MR
Anyone use a headset while playing Destiny on PS4? I have some Turtle Beach Spectres I tried using but the incoming voice chat volume is awful, it's impossible to hear your teammates if you have the game volume on anything other than silent. Do other headphones suffer from this? I see there is a PS4 upgrade kit available but I don't know if this will fix this issue, anyone use one of these? https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-con...rce-playstation-4-headset-upgrade-kit/631785/