ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm 31 now, FINALLY got some new raid gear - only have 1 piece after 4 run throughs! Last night several people got 2 or 3 bits in 1 go! On the plus side, I do have 17 of the new materials needed to upgrade, so 4 short of being able to fully upgrade the 1 piece I have!

We got stuck on Crota last night, we were trying to cheese him and not sure why but we could only do it once. Will try again tonight though (or try and do it properly I guess...)

Gorms, are you on XO? If so can you add me, Brando M83...you sound like a useful addition to our team

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'm 31 now, FINALLY got some new raid gear - only have 1 piece after 4 run throughs! Last night several people got 2 or 3 bits in 1 go! On the plus side, I do have 17 of the new materials needed to upgrade, so 4 short of being able to fully upgrade the 1 piece I have!

We got stuck on Crota last night, we were trying to cheese him and not sure why but we could only do it once. Will try again tonight though (or try and do it properly I guess...)

Gorms, are you on XO? If so can you add me, Brando M83...you sound like a useful addition to our team
If you're doing the disconnect then the host isn't always the fire team leader. The only way to be sure is to get the person who is going to DC to go into the raid first and then everyone join them.

Mito Sportiva 135
If you're doing the disconnect then the host isn't always the fire team leader. The only way to be sure is to get the person who is going to DC to go into the raid first and then everyone join them.
Ah interesting...the first couple of times we did it no problem, but didn't manage to finish it last night.

I really want the final shader you can get from Eris though, my friend has it for his titan and looks awesome!

Mito Sportiva 135
Had a result last night, joined my mate on Crota just before he got to the penultimate drop and got the raid boots I wanted! Not bad for literally a minute of standing there.
Did the nightfall too and got ascendant energy, would have preferred coins but better than nothing!

Evo 8 MR
No lol. Someone died on the platform jumps. Was furious. No deaths all raid apart from the f**king platforms.
I'll give it another go tonight without inviting them lol.

I can imagine it's so frustrating trying to get that trophy. I'm 32 on my hunter and 31 on my warlock now. Picked up enough shards in the raid this week.

GTD, Lupo
I made 32 on my hunter a couple of weeks ago but I'm struggling for shards to get my warlock up to 32 I need 42 so hopefully this week when I complete Eris lvl 4. I can now solo the whole of the Crota raid, so I'm ready for when they patch it. The only bit I seem to struggle with is Ir Yut but with another person it's pretty easy.

@Brand86 I think I have had you on my friend list for ages. My gt is Stimpy443 if you want to add me. Would be good to get a decent team for when the hard comes out.

Evo 8 MR
I could use some more practice with the sword taking down crota but other than that I'm ready for hard mode.
I've read somewhere it's going to be level 33? That will be insane.

GTD, Lupo
Yep! it won't be easy! I would imagine the mob will also be a higher level along with the boomers. There are also a number of other rumours that the over soul is going to play a bigger part. I can see it needing a team of three at least.

Mito Sportiva 135
I made 32 on my hunter a couple of weeks ago but I'm struggling for shards to get my warlock up to 32 I need 42 so hopefully this week when I complete Eris lvl 4. I can now solo the whole of the Crota raid, so I'm ready for when they patch it. The only bit I seem to struggle with is Ir Yut but with another person it's pretty easy.

@Brand86 I think I have had you on my friend list for ages. My gt is Stimpy443 if you want to add me. Would be good to get a decent team for when the hard comes out.
Ah yes so you are mate! I'm up for it anyway.
I got the raid titan helmet at the weekend, happy with that - looks great. Now either need a new exotic or raid chestpiece to get up to 32 - although a lot more radiant energy as only have 5 left now, having effectively wasted 14 on my gauntlets, which I don't really use now as I prefer the exotic ruin wings
Just working my Eris and Deadspace rep levels too, so I can get one of the better shaders available. Also keen to get the level 4 Deadspace emblem. Also got an exotic bounty which I think leads to the Thorn, last bit is 500 void damage kills in crucible, think I am about 3/5 of the way there

GTD, Lupo
Well so much for the patch. I ended up doing the lamps legit but I have the "hands off" gauntlets so that made it nice and easy. you can still cheese the bridge pretty easily. You just need to build enough of the bridge to jump across. Got all the way to Crota but didn't have time to beat him.

Mito Sportiva 135
I was helping some guys with Crota last night but we weren't getting anywhere and my internet was lagging, so called it a day
If we start from scratch again this week now it's reset I'll invite you Gorms

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
b8be7813462ffc7bac31065d0f7d7850.jpg

FINALLY!

Mito Sportiva 135
Nice!
I noticed the Iron Banner is back, I don't really know why any higher level player would bother with it as there's not any really decent gear up for grabs and takes a long time to save for
I am at the final part of the bounty to get the Thorn - thought I had finished it but got a final bit to kill some wizard near Phogoth. Thought I could solo it as only level 26 but was actually really hard for some reason!
Level 2 Dead Orbit and on my Eris reputation now so just focussing on levelling those up for the shaders and rune core

Mito Sportiva 135
Got the universal remote last night on the nightfall - not used it yet but not a bad reward. Still need a better ship though as rolling with the same rare ship I got in October!
Nearly up to level 3 Eris now too, so can finally upgrade my murmur

GTD, Lupo
Got the universal remote last night on the nightfall - not used it yet but not a bad reward. Still need a better ship though as rolling with the same rare ship I got in October!
Nearly up to level 3 Eris now too, so can finally upgrade my murmur

I done Crota on all 3 of my characters but if you need some help I'm more than happy to do the sword. I'm pretty good with it which is a massive help as a lot of people seem to struggle with it. Level 32 on both my characters now, but I really need to start a Titan. I will do that once I have all the raid gear to max level.

Mito Sportiva 135
I just need the raid chest piece and LOADS of ascendant materials to upgrade all my current gear before I am level 32. Everyone is 31 these days

Some help next time we are on Crota would be good - think the main issue is most the people we did it with always cheesed him so don't think we've actually killed him properly before. Overall though, this raid seems a lot easier and shorter than VOG, and not quite as much of an experience.

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I just need the raid chest piece and LOADS of ascendant materials to upgrade all my current gear before I am level 32. Everyone is 31 these days

Some help next time we are on Crota would be good - think the main issue is most the people we did it with always cheesed him so don't think we've actually killed him properly before. Overall though, this raid seems a lot easier and shorter than VOG, and not quite as much of an experience.
Ps4 or XBO?

Mito Sportiva 135
XBone mate

Finally got the Thorn from the bounty last night, what a beast it is! Now got the Pocket Infinity one to do, my friend has it and looks a bit of a beast!

Evo 8 MR
Well so much for the patch. I ended up doing the lamps legit but I have the "hands off" gauntlets so that made it nice and easy. you can still cheese the bridge pretty easily. You just need to build enough of the bridge to jump across. Got all the way to Crota but didn't have time to beat him.
How do you build enough of the bridge when doing it solo? I used the stand on the box at the back method because I could never build the bridge before the totems kill you.

GTD, Lupo
How do you build enough of the bridge when doing it solo? I used the stand on the box at the back method because I could never build the bridge before the totems kill you.

You can still use the back box method as it makes the thrall disappear. Then you just need to stand on the centre pad. As soon as you see the totems about to flash quickly run off. Then back on once they make the woosh noise. Keep repeating and it will slowly build. At the same time try and take down the sword bearer. It takes a fair bit of practice but you get the hang off it. You might also need to jump a little bit of the bridge as it will start to dismantle.

Mito Sportiva 135
Bloody hell the updated Crota is solid! He only stays down for hitting him 2 or 3 times a round at best - we didn't manage to beat him in the end after several attempts. But, on the plus side I did get the final piece of raid armour for my titan, a new ship on a random strike, the husk of the pit, a new legendary rocket launcher from an engram drop and the thorn (which is seriously awesome)

My BIGGEST disappoint though, perhaps ever, was the fact Xur had Icebreaker this weekend and despite playing LOADS I still only managed to get 16 and not the required 17 coins for it. I feel seriously left out now, everyone seems to have it except me! I've just started a second titan so once levelled I can do raids and nightfalls twice a week, and double my change of getting strange coins

Mito Sportiva 135
Ha you're right! Just seemed to get up from his kneeling position a lot quicker than before (discounting the cheese method!)
Think 3 hits per sword was what we thought was optimal in terms of most damage vs not dying?

GTD, Lupo
Ha you're right! Just seemed to get up from his kneeling position a lot quicker than before (discounting the cheese method!)
Think 3 hits per sword was what we thought was optimal in terms of most damage vs not dying?

If you need a hand and you are on after the reset just send me a message. I normally do the raid with a mate and since I got gjallahorn earlier this week we can now drop him before the ogres come, easily. crota takes 2 mins tops one you get it down to a good technique.

Mito Sportiva 135
If you need a hand and you are on after the reset just send me a message. I normally do the raid with a mate and since I got gjallahorn earlier this week we can now drop him before the ogres come, easily. crota takes 2 mins tops one you get it down to a good technique.
Awesome, appreciate that buddy. What did you say your GT was again?
Welsh - hard more looks good, but only thing I have heard mentioned as additional loot is some new primary weapons. Having said that, the new weapons do look good, e.g. 331 damage + elemental (I still use Atheon's Epilogue even though it's a bit underpowered now, at 300 damage)

Also, as I didn't get the Ice Breaker, I am hoping Xur has a good heavy weapon for me to buy this weekend - Gjallahorn would be ideal!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'm half expecting it not to be hard. If I can solo normal and do it with 2 in minutes I think it's going to be pretty easy.
But you're using cheeses to do that. Without cheesing it it would be impossible to solo it. Doing the whole raid properly with 6 players isn't "easy". The bridge is the hardest part IMO. Crota is silly easy with a level 32 using the sword though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Cheesing = cheating, e.g. finding and using exploits (of which there seem many in Destiny!)

The bridge bit is the bit after all the light beacons and thralls chasing you yeah? If so I find it hard as I get lost and fall down holes all the time!

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheesing = cheating, e.g. finding and using exploits (of which there seem many in Destiny!)

The bridge bit is the bit after all the light beacons and thralls chasing you yeah? If so I find it hard as I get lost and fall down holes all the time!
Oh ok.
I've not found any so far that I know of! Got to level 28 though. Struggling to find more legendary gear.

Mito Sportiva 135
Easiest way now is just to save up vanguard and crucible marks. With 3 pieces and 1 exotic levelled up you can get to 31. Only way you can get to 32 is 3 pieces of Crota raid armour and 1 exotic, or 4 bits of Crota raid armour. I have all the bits of raid armour and several exotic bits, but need 27 more radiant energy to max it out! :(

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah you do - to be honest it's a bit of a con for £20, but if you plan on keep playing the game you need to stump up really. I didn't get the pass but think there are 3 more 'standard' DLCs like The Dark Below and one large DLC expansion, which is rumoured to be a 'proper' retail release. To be honest people say its repetitive and there's not much to do but I've put in over 300 hours so can't be that bad! Some people I play with are close to 1000...I literally have no idea how that's even possible, it's something like an average of 6 hours a day since launch!

Mito Sportiva 135
Well we tried and failed to kill Crota again last night - more due to timing of taking his shield down too quickly/slowly. Bit more experimentation required tonight! Will be on about 10ish, I'll invite you if there are any spaces mate if you want to join?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well we tried and failed to kill Crota again last night - more due to timing of taking his shield down too quickly/slowly. Bit more experimentation required tonight! Will be on about 10ish, I'll invite you if there are any spaces mate if you want to join?
2 rockets from gjallarhorn to take down the shield. Level 32 hunter with the sword, as the last rocket hits then jump up to hit with sword.

Use R2 attack but make sure you are pushing forward on the analogue stick or it'll take longer between hits. You can get 3 hits this way, use r1 and jump to swipe away quicker.

Mito Sportiva 135
We were using gjallahorns but found he was going down so quickly it was hard to coordinate timing with the sword bearer - we were doing 1 hit in the end then a steady stream of primary fire. Doesn't seem that hard compared to Atheon but just need to be tighter with the timings

GTD, Lupo
We were using gjallahorns but found he was going down so quickly it was hard to coordinate timing with the sword bearer - we were doing 1 hit in the end then a steady stream of primary fire. Doesn't seem that hard compared to Atheon but just need to be tighter with the timings

If you are using gjallarhorn you need the sword guy to stand on the smaller stones that are either on the left or right of Crota and then as soon as you fire the second rocket tell the sword guy to go. A lot of it comes down to a little bit of luck and what ever mood Crota is in. Sometimes he gets up and smashes the sword carrier almost instantly even if they do jump and slash away. The best i have managed with my mate is on the second sword. We even think we got 4 hits on him a couple of times, and he only needed one hit with the second sword.

Half the time if you are failing, it will be your team, either the sword carrier or the whole team. I got good with the sword after trying to solo it for so long but since i got Ghorn i have been put on that duty now and its frustrating to watch idiots with the sword.

Saying that i have only done it twice this week and we have really struggled for some stupid reason, i have ended up using 20 odd heavy synthesis packs and got nothing but energy for doing it. Not that i need any armour as i have 3 32s and all the raid weapons. Lets see what hard brings. I should be on tomorrow some time so if you want to join us Brand just pop me a message, Stimpy443.